It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Report says Taliban responsible for 76% of All Civilian Casualties

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
...and Nato forces are responsible for only a little over 11%.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Now surely this will have some impact on those of you who continue to paint the U.S. led Allies as the bad guys...forces who are behind the majority of the civilian deaths and injuries in Afghanistan.

As usual, in truth it is the Taliban in its normal murderous ways which is behind most of the blood being shed by its own people.

According to the report, in 2009:

The Taliban were responsible for 2,477 casualties

Nato and Afghan forces were responsible for 386.

Finally, some truth coming out !

We are the good guys.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
i will never say that america is evil.
but most american civilian deaths are done by americans.
most british civilian deaths are done by british.
this doesn't mean much.

i'm not fighting your use of these facts but there is crime and there is war.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by listerofsmeg]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
more british nato propaganda

taliban is secretly funded by CIA and ISI with the heroin trade ,which is destabilizing russia and east asia.

which makes cia and nato responsible for the civilian deaths

[edit on 10-8-2010 by sadchild01]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

more british nato propaganda

taliban is secretly funded by CIA and ISI with the heroin trade ,which is destabilizing russia and east asia.

which makes cia and nato responsible for the civilian deaths

[edit on 10-8-2010 by sadchild01]

Groan...if it is such a secret how do you know about it? Do you know this for a fact? Not likely...you probably just read somebody else's delusional theory somewhere.

And, from this (whatever your sources), you conclude that it is actually Nato who is behind the Taliban killings. The Taliban itself is not to blame...it is not their agenda that is driving these killings...they are doing the bidding of the CIA.

So, really, in fact the CIA is instructing the Taliban to kill U.S. troops, and as many Afghan civilians as they can.

The CIA and NATO are at once fighting the Taliban, and themselves. They are killing Americans, Canadians, Brits and Afghans because this somehow destabilizes Russia and East Asia.

Yes...I see it now...that is much more likely than the idea that the Taliban are homicidal kooks who try to exert control through murder and mayhem. So, I suppose the CIA was driving all of their killings in Afghanistan before 9/11 too ??

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
we are the good guys? Because we bomb civilians with predator drones and then call the civilians insurgents? To borrow an argument from the holocaust debate, if one single person is murdered, it's wrong. So, "we" are wrong. And I'll agree with you in that the towel-ban is also wrong, and should I remind you that the CIA created Bin Laden and his cohorts to take down the Soviet Union? Oops, I guess they were the good guys back then.

So, I'll give it to you that we shouldn't paint the US as the perpetual bad guys, but does that mean we must paint them as the perpetual good guys?

[edit on 10-8-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Zbigniew Brzezinski, Carter's National Security Adviser created the Taliban...
So to say anything thing they do is not the US's fault is simply false...
If you push an empty car down a hill and it kills people at the bottom is it the car's fault...?

Like the way Bush claimes Pat Tillman, the American foot ball star, was a war hero for being killed in a Taliban ambush, then the Army surgeons and generals released the info that he was killed by a special forces triple tap to the head from ten feet away, after being wounded at a distance by "friendly" fire.

He had planned to publicize how CIA and the US government were supporting the War lords which the UN says are "Taliban" and killing civilians in the interest of growing Opium, and to creat an excuse for the US to maintain an imperialist force there.

The people there have said they would rather have the Taliban as a government ...oooops the people has spoken ..
We can't have that! We're exporting democracy.

I hope upon examination of the actual facts, that people will realize the whole war in Afghaniatan is a complete sham, just like the war in Vietnam where the Gulf Of Tonkin incident is now an admitted government Fraud on the world's people.

I can't believe anyone could fall for this false flag reasoning yet again.
It just boggles the mind.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

what the heck does that mean?

are you a politician?

that's the kind of bs answer we love around here, NOT!

s+f op.

sprinkle in a dash old al q and some hesbolla, pinch of nutjobs and we can squeeze 1/2% out of that.

does the taliban prosecute their own for this crap or do they make it a matter of course? some good ol islam cowboys jus havin fun boss!

i guess it's not as sensational as catching a poor widow and shooting her in the head. huh guys?

[edit on 10-8-2010 by fooks]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
OP It's people like you that can't/won't see the thruth about whats ACTUALLY happening that allow your IDIOTIC government to continue ruining your once great country and turned it into the oppressive dictatorship it is slowley turning into.

People must remember, whats gonna be in the history books 1000 years from now? Empires rise and fall. America needs a revolution to disband its corrupted government and install people who actually fight for YOUR rights as a citizen and inhabitor of our planet.

People like you who refuse to question, are the real terrorists. You are betraying your fellow countrymen, the people in other countries who didnt't want any of this, and worst of all your future generations.

WAKE UP SLAVE!

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Skinon]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

CIA and Brezinki has been behind taliban and muhjids .

read the grand chessboard

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

ya ok, nothing will be around in 1000 years dude.

let alone YOUR little country too.

so give up playing the guilt card, this humanity's problem with many players.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

That's right nothin will be around coz no-one is gonna do anything, an the only people who can (America) is too brainwashed and dumbed down too do anything.

You guys need to do something fast before your 'damn piece of paper' gets completely destroyed.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
call me a politician because you can't understand that what i said is true.
it's not so much the stupidity but the arrogance that annoys me but some people hold both pretty well.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Of course, during a war, all sides do "bad things"...it is kind of the nature of things when you train people to kill, teach them to hate the "enemy" and then give them weapons.

But the difference here, why I talk about us being the "good guys", is because we take extreme measures to try to avoid civilian casualties...things like strict rules of engagement and using precision guided weapons (which can go awry of course)...and yet we are constantly beat over the head when we make a mistake and a civilian is hurt.

Meanwhile, the Taliban deliberately targets civilians, but they get a pass from the Media and the anti-Western clods that frequent this and other places.

So...on the basis of our military policy wishing to avoid civilian casualties, while the Taliban's is to purposely inflict them (on their own people) I say they are the bad guys, and we are the good guys.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

At the end of the day YOUR country is not the 'good' guys, you are delusional. You shouldn't even be in those countries in the first place!!!!

If you werent there then no civilians would be getting killed because of the SHAM war your government is perpertrating!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

read this thread it sums it up nicely. Also i suggest you open your mind and actually read the FACTS

Mod edit: removed part of link that was adding flags to the thread.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

then get your people off their a$$'S and either s$$t or get off the pot!

you people so frikin enlightened, do something!

don't give us the rhetoric. join or die, coz i hope to hell we pull out of every place and lock the us up tighter than a frogs patooy.

tarrif every company out of the borders big time, bring home all that made us great and i suggest you do the same.

the constitution is for legal americans. not the world. get your own chumps.

sorry little ot.

this place is like wwf. no real stuff here. not all ats just some who like to think they are above the law but not above my law.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Zbigniew Brzezinski, Carter's National Security Adviser created the Taliban...
So to say anything thing they do is not the US's fault is simply false...
If you push an empty car down a hill and it kills people at the bottom is it the car's fault...?

I got my wife pregnant and she gave birth to a child. When he was in his teens, he feel in with a group of neo-Nazi's and with their urging he murdered three Jews.

Therefore I and my wife are guilty of murder. We will be executed next Friday. Yup. About as factual and logical as your little rant.

Are you seriously trying to say that Jimmy Carter created the maniacal theological reasoning behind the Taliban's atrocities? War-time alliances are very commonplace throughout history...the striking of a short-term alliance does not make one responsible for all future misdeeds of that short-term partner.

The people there have said they would rather have the Taliban as a government ...oooops the people has spoken ..
We can't have that! We're exporting democracy.

I am not sure what polls, or election results, you are quoting here...but if true then I suppose that the Taliban will be back in charge of the country at some point. And the suffering of the people would re-commence.

That hypothetical future reality would certainly not reduce the truth of the Taliban's basic barbarism.

I can't believe anyone could fall for this false flag reasoning yet again.

It just boggles the mind.

The "false flag" reasoning of what? The Taliban is responsible for the vast majority (even when they have been officially deposed) of the violence perpetrated against the Afghan people, according to this report.

You read about their bombings and other killings every day, which supports this reports conclusions. But rather than square up to the obvious, you prefer to live in a world where everything that demonizes the West is true...and everything that suggests the opposite is fabricated.

You are right. It is mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
...and Nato forces are responsible for only a little over 11%.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Now surely this will have some impact on those of you who continue to paint the U.S. led Allies as the bad guys...forces who are behind the majority of the civilian deaths and injuries in Afghanistan.

As usual, in truth it is the Taliban in its normal murderous ways which is behind most of the blood being shed by its own people.

According to the report, in 2009:

The Taliban were responsible for 2,477 casualties

Nato and Afghan forces were responsible for 386.

Finally, some truth coming out !

We are the good guys.

And for what righteous reason are we there in the first place? The Taliban, as much as I hate their treatment of women, did nothing to attack American soil or its citizens. Meanwhile our troops are guarding poppy fields...

We should not be meddling in the affairs of other countries PERIOD. Lets have true freedom at home first and lead by example.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
no country can consider itself good because past actions always sway it otherwise.
it's what we do today, what could be done is greater sharing of resources but that will never happen because we want to keep what we have.
20,000 barrels per day doesn't help the US look good but they will never reduce thier consumption of oil they take and stockpile.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Umm maybe you should take that logic to your own people chump. Because thats what we already do over here! You guys wanted to bring your nuclear ships to our waters, we kicked up such a huge commotion that we made our government tell you guys to &***off!

The worst thing is everything your country does trickles down through us so we get it too! America sneezes and the rest of the world catches a cold. Cheers. So why aren't YOU doin anything about it? You need to look deeper under all this crap, what about the elites and all that??

The uselessness of the general public of america is only strengthened by the fact that you have war criminals running your country and still running round free as birds (Bush) The advantage we have is that we are on the outside looking in. I think if the world ends or turns into a global NWO It's goin to be americas fault unless china invades and wipes you out.

Then were ****ed

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

This article cites data from a report that is detailing civilian casualties form the first six months of 2010. Don't forget we have been at war close to a decade, so you are reading this article in the wrong way. From the UN report:

From 1 January to 30 June 2010, UNAMA Human Rights Unit documented 3,268 civilian casualties including 1,271 deaths and 1,997 injuries. AGEs were responsible for 2,477 casualties (76 per cent of all casualties, up 53 per cent from 2009) while 386 were attributed to PGF activities (12 per cent of all casualties, down 30 per cent from 2009).

The Guardian's article also attributes the reduction in civilian casualties to General Stanley McChrystal, who deployed harm reduction tactics in Afghanistan. I think if we look at the numbers of innocent lives killed over nearly ten years, NATO will account for a great many of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join