It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea Warns North After Artillery Barrage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

S. Korea Warns North After Artillery Barrage

www.foxnews.com

South Korea denounced a barrage of artillery fired by North Korea into the sea as a grave provocation Tuesday and warned that it would deal sternly with any further such acts.

Most of the shells in Monday's barrage landed in the North's waters, but about 10 struck near a South Korean island near the sea border causing no damage, the Joint Chiefs of Staff said.

South Korea's Defense Ministry said in a statement that the move violated an armistice that halted fighting in the Korean War in the early 1950s.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Again another conflict that could explode any minute... but it's been that way for now more than 50 years.

China could take the opportunity to either take out North Korea or ally themselves with them to take over South Korea.

This world is crazy... with all the conflicts in the world that seem on the verge of exploding, this looks more and more like WW3 if one big thing was to start them all at the same time...

Korea-Taiwan-Iran-Lebanon-Venezuela-Vietnam-Georgia-Pakistan-India...

Not to mention the world economy collapsing again could act as a catalyst for such a thing to happen.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I have said a number of times that the Israel/Iran war and the N. Korea/S.Korea war will erupt within days, if not hours of each other. I find it to be highly likely for that to happen.

Tensions cannot build and build and then die off without some kind of release. Tensions are so ridiculously high now, and with the global economy collapsing as it is, well....

History is just repeating itself. God, what I would give to be able to see into the future and know the timing of this coming conflagration...

If TPTB really want war, one tiny false-flag spark is all it will take.. They won't even need another 9/11 event. Just one rocket or one missile somewhere... The world is a tinderbox

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
there are always warnings, when the warnings go unheared they do a little show of stregnth which results in another warning.
i think china might want to stay out of the way because i'm sure they realize the costs of futile conflicts.
we know what kim wants but what do the people of nk want. why don't they overthrow the ugly spud.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

the south has been the punching bag of the north for decades and i dont see anything ever happening.

as to the alarmists come on people nothing will happen.

china has to much invested in the us they aint gonna do anything to jepordize that cash cow.....

on the other hand look at who we have in the white house

the north can do anything it wants and the south is on their own...

we neither have the money or manpower to deal with anymore wars.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
(pulls out the dead and beaten horse)

china dose not want war with any one unless its brough to them they are the oldest contiuningly operating country and one of the oldest in existence they didnt get that way by sticking there noses into other peoples buisness yeah they fought in ww2 because combat was brought to them they fought in korea because they feared (rightfully so) USA preparing to invade there land any one else rember crazy macarthur saying we need to NUKE the chinese now

they will contiune to convertly oppose us and build up there military to prevent wester aggression and to defend there protetorates but at this time china has neither the logtistics or the will to get involved in a shooting war,they will let kim keep running his mouth and sending veiled threats to keep us from action there like the booogey man they dont have to actualy get involved as the mere threat of them getting involved is usualy enough to stop nonsense in that region

do i like a nuclear korea? no do i want a regime change in korea yeah but it wont do any one any good to keep this fear mongering nonsense up either way regarless of what we thing if wars gonna happen we have very little say about it as a people we can protest and write letters but the feds gonna do what the feds gonna do

top topics

join