It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warship visits former foe Vietnam, China warns US to stay out of Yellow Sea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

You are missing the point, the op's argument regarding to Sea Boundary. As I said in recent comment, granted that China has large populations and can use them in military, but due to the facts regarding to warfare ships. China's current number of ships can't carry all populations from China and it's muscle into the sea. Bottom line, we aren't talking about warfare on land, but at the sea.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aslpride

ok let me put it this way...if a US vessel does enter the yellow sea..
And China Hold true to it's threat..
Do you think it would stay a battle at sea or would it progress futher.
Would the USA just sit back and lose a ship and do nothing to retaliate.

[edit on 013131p://f22Wednesday by plube]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

fair enought and thank you for answering my statement/question more then i usualy get and if i offended you i apologize ive lived abroad in spain and had many travel expeirences that were eye opening to say the least

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

No offense to anyone personally....and cheers...I just try to take world view...cause stupid me...i hope one day we can have peace and all the war machines grind to a screaming halt...before we kill ourselves.

I personally have really become accustomed to breathing.

and no offense taken

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

yeah very astute observation with out population you can not occupy a nation even a small one

and for the record ill state any country thats dumb enough to try to INVADE mainland china is in for one hell of a wake up china is kind of the polar opposite in terms of defence then america we have fancy toys tech and whatnot(not saying chinese tech is bunk) and its mainly our navy and airforce that keeps the usa safe where as china its there OVERWHELMING manpower that keeps them safe from any and all possible invasions(short of insane and scary nuclear war scenarios) each of our stratigeys work for us respectively and above all else ill give china this they are the ONLY nation with nuclear weapons that has a NON first strike clause meaning that they will only launch nukes after they have been nuked which is a very for lack of a better term adult decision they didnt stay as the regional power for all these centuries with out wisdom and what not

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
once again another thread showing the pure Ignorance of a large p0rtion of american society...

I am glad a few of you out there realise the consequences of Americas actions.

In order to occupy countries you need a population...WELL...china has that population.

plus China has nuclear capabilities....plus china has a 200million man army...that is just their troop numbers.

America has a measly population of what approx 720million.

China is a very vast mountainous region...Damn American get a grip.

I can see that the American brainwashing tactics have work perfectly...all the kids getting up and pledging aleigence to the flag each morning.
Watching only American Television.

Learning only American doctored history.

you go Ahead and keep on pledging allegience to your flag as you keep pissing off nation after nation.

why not just go piss off india too while your at it then you can have 2/3 of the world population disliking you.

it's bad enough to hear your goverment doing these things but to hear the people actually think it is sooooo very disapointing.

have you not heard of learning from others.

are your ways so egotistical that you think (AND I MEAN THINK) you have the might to take on the world.

has not this great planet of ours suffered enough.

Is this how you want your Nation of so called Liberty to go down in the history books.

cause so many people of the world do not want your Liberty where people run amok with guns.
where your social support system does not help it's own members of society.
where it was only fifty + years ago you still had slavery.
where your death penalties laws are still arcane.
where you still go into mass debt just to go to the hospital.
clean up your own backyard before trying to clean up the rest of the world.

you have lost war after war after war.
vietnam
korean
afghanistan(your still losing)
Iraq(your still losing)

and if you think at all that just sending off nukes that'll fix it...
how dumb is that.....when a nuke strikes fallout does not pick a border and stays in it.

so sound your horns for the battle cry all you want.

but it WILL NOT make the world a better place.

but the Bush family the Rothchilds the rockerfellers Silvermans will all get filthy rich on the backs of our deaths.

[edit on 113131p://f33Wednesday by plube]

My only comments to another Brit bashing its American Brother is the London based Rothchilds started all this #$@% in your own backyard and shipped that #$@% over here to rob us blind after doing the same to you, only earlier.

In regard to China's threat, they could have a population of 1 trillion and 100,000 nukes, but their problem still remains the same. They have no way to utilize their numbers. They've got no navy or air resources to project any force. The only way the Chinese army of 200,000,000 can get to a battlefield is to basically walk there.

Their nukes, so what. They could have a billion of them, but if their missiles keep falling into the Sea of Japan, they are useless. We have subs just offshore with the ability to reach their targets in minutes. Yep I'm afraid!!!

"you have lost war after war after war. vietnam, korean, afghanistan (your still losing), Iraq (your still losing)"

Einstein, you Brits have been involved in all 4 actions you have listed above. Are you not taught your own history. I give the Brit's a lot of credit, but with your post I may have to reconsider.

And lastly, the population of the United States @ 18:10 UTC Aug. 11, 2010 was exactly 309,964,122, not 720,000,000. Too lazy to fact check with google.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

You know what is so funny about you slamming me is because you see location and you just assume....i am a brit.

It is the location where i live right now.

I am candian if you had bothered to read futher than the one posting that you felt so insulting...whichs just shows my point.

but other than that i completely agree with you about the M*$(£*$( F*£("*£ Rothchilds and the elitism that has put the nations of the world n this position.

so I do applaud your wakefulness...well stated.

but i will tend to agree with kilarthi G on this and the two types of defences and how is has suited each other needs.

but just cause the elite are pushing the chess pieces if enough of the pawns wake up we might be able to stop the propoghanda and end all this mess without blood being spilled.

just a thought.

my point in what i said is why just jump on the war machine band wagon saying my gun is bigger than yours.

and man that even makes it was i was giving you credit for more numbers.....

you are in bad shape.

[edit on 013131p://f52Wednesday by plube]

[edit on 013131p://f54Wednesday by plube]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I did seem a bit harsh in my statements before and I am sorry. However that being said, NO ONE, wants to occupy China. If it came to a point where China and another power decided to go at it, 99.9% of military strategists will tell you that there is no contingency plan or want to oocupy mainland China. If anything most of them will tell you to erase thier offensive capability, then bring them to the table. More than likely it would not include land forces, aside from SF, it would mainly be airpower, UAV's and missiles. The Chinese Navy in and of itself would and could be neutralized, with losses of course. There is no flag waving. This is just a dispassionate review of force on force action. And I agree with you that it will be a great day when this kind of post will not happen. But clinging to the utopian ideal and ignoring the reality is a fast way to disappointment, among other things. I wish you well my friend I meant no disrespect with my past posts.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
just to show you that China is not sitting still either.

Naval Power. China’s naval forces include 72 principal combatants, some 58 attack submarines, about 50 medium and heavy amphibious lift vessels, and approximately 41 coastal missile patrol craft.

- China received the second of two Russianmade SOVREMENNYY II guided missile destroyers (DDG) in late 2006. These DDGs are fi tted with anti-ship cruise missiles (ASCMs) and wide-area air defense systems that feature qualitative improvements over the earlier SOVREMENNYY-class DDGs China purchased from Russia.

- China is building and testing second-generation nuclear submarines with the JIN-class (Type 094) nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine and the SHANG-class (Type 093) nuclear-powered attack submarine, which began sea trials in 2005.

- China took delivery of two KILO-class submarines from Russia, completing a contract for eight signed in 2002. China operates twelve KILOs, the newest of which are equipped with the supersonic SS-N-27B ASCM, and wireguided and wake-homing torpedoes.

- The PLA Navy’s newest ship, the LUZHOUclass (Type 051C) DDG is designed for anti-air warfare. It will be equipped with the Russian SA-N-20 SAM system controlled by the TOMBSTONE phased-array radar. The SA-N- 20 more than doubles the range of current PLA Navy air defense systems marking a signifi cant improvement in China’s ship-borne air defense capability.

- The LUZHOU-class DDG complements ongoing developments of the LUYANG I (Type 052 and LUYANG II (Type 052C) DDGs. The LUYANG I is fi tted with the Russian SA-N-7B GRIZZLY SAM and the YJ-83 ASCM. The LUYANG II is fi tted with an air defense system based on the indigenous HHQ-9 SAM.

- In 2006, China began producing its fi rst guidedmissile frigate (FFG), the JIANGKAI II (Type 054A). The JIANGKAI II will be fitted with the medium range HHQ-16, a vertically launched naval surface-to-air missile currently in development.

- At the 2006 Zhuhai Air Show, PRC military and civilian offi cials asserted China’s interest in building an aircraft carrier.

source

but of course the nothing to worry about cause the world is on your side.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Cheers m8

i guess i watch to much peter pan and believe dreams can come true...

and your right occupying China would be a no go...but China is becoming a Dominant power and who Knows what your leaders have in mind when it comes to neutralising a opponent before they become to powerful...i know it is a dilemna.

do you take out China before it amounts to to much or do you wait and just let it keep on becoming more and more powerful where they become the superpower of the world.

and do we know what the Us goverment is planning by conjolling these smaller nations and setting up bases to be in a better position to put China more at risk.

I am just trying to look at the bigger chess game here

are all the pieces being put in place to force other nations to make a play on the world scene and then justify an all out war.

also i should not just say the US on the planning stage as another poster quickly pointed out....the Brits to and the Elite of the world including ISreal...never forgeting their part in all this.

I am saying it is up to the people to stop all this and not allow it to happen...We need to stop jumping on the war machine Bandwagon
look at all sides of the picture and stop thinking that force is going to be the solution.

cause history has shown no one can occupy so therefore no one wins and it will just breed hatred,

[edit on 023131p://f15Wednesday by plube]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

No I think that China can and would be a great ally in the greater global scheme. As long as they don't think about taking disputed territorries. They are at a stage right now that the USSR was in before the cold war ended. They slowly allowed more and more freedoms and economic opportunities and the people latched on to them and change happened from within. If China wants to remain a world power they will have to take steps that doesn't keep the thumb on thier people as much. The Chinese people have responded well to thier new freedoms, by increasing thier productivity and innovation. However thier are very hard-line Sovietesque people in power that want to backtrack and do away with freedoms and success.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Your so right there....i dreaded posting it but i am hoping that it does show that China is not so po dunk as it was during ww2.

the whole thing is china has the people to move mountains.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

i am sorry i stole your pic and resized it for you....here it is i had to see what the sign was...copy it and take it for your avatar.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9d47cf19a2f.jpg[/atsimg]

and your right there it would much more to the US's advantage to have chia as an ally rather than a Enemy

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

HAHAHA... Thanks man...I have been noticed by 2 different mods for that...I tried to resize but failed. Much appreciated. As for China, I think she is just going through growing pains. She has the ability and the future for being a superpower and alot of the people in power are looking through history and picking bad examples to emulate the transition. Not saying the the U.S. is squeeky clean. I have a feeling that China and the U.S. will never go to war. Even over Tiawan. Modern China and the generation that is devloping understand the benefits of have a free Tiawan as a trading partner.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
wiki.answers.com...

i had never heard of that kinda smart having them resign then sign up with the us as a way for there PM to say there arent any british troops in the conflict

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

yes these British are a very sneaky lot....and after may berating for being british(which i am glad i am not).

Well not quite true...i have british bloodlines....Damn.

but Being that britian was the former empire of the world...i guess it is hard knock to have been moved so far down the political ladder.

and also losing out on hong kong too kinda makes for a double edged sword here.

man the world in in a mess and we the people are the ones who are going to suffer for it aren't we?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yawn

Logistically speaking, China could never effectively move their mammoth ground army outside of their own territory. They have something like 7% arable land and better than 1/5 of the world’s population so a good deal of their food is imported which would probably stop pretty quickly in the event of an attack on any western country

Central CA still manages to grow and export a significant portion of the world’s food supply. China can call in all the gold bonds they want, we just stop sending food. Yummy, taste that gold.

Their military is unprepared technologically as compared to their closest neighbors due to extremely high sanctions since Tiananmen Square. Speaking of neighbors; Pakistan, India, France, Brittan and Russia are all armed to the teeth and several have been sharpening their fangs for the last 10 years in the gulf. They have not faced a significant foe since their interference with the Vietnam War so I doubt their people are fully prepared to prosecute a large scale conflict given the conditions they already have to endure. Their also appear to be significant portions of the population in China that may take the opportunity to revolt, such as the Uyghur’s.

The us has a battle group in Japan, one in transit for Westpac relief in the Indian ocean, apparently 2 active battle groups in the gulf, at least one deployable in Hawaii, San Diego, Washington and Alaska. Outside of intentional provocation, the US will never allow another fleet to pass Midway into US controlled pacific waters.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i wonder if there will ever be a time where india usa/nato and russia team up to counter china?

example give russia more asian ports and more land from nothern china

more land for indias growing population sort of like a colony of old world imperial nations and the usa would get some ports and buffer zone around japan and north korea(for oposite reasons buffer to protect japan and give us place to go into nk with out having to amphib assult)

i know im problay talking out of my butt with this one but i would find it hard to belive any nation on this planet could stand against the combined might of the usa and russia (let alone to throw in india)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hilarious that plube overestimated our population by so much 300 million? My guess is if you are so far off on that fact (that most 3rd world non educated folks would even know) Im pretty sure you have no buisness even talking about grown folks buisness... good day sir.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join