It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is paranoid~~

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Why is it that anytime military jets or helicopters fly around people always blow up the forums thinking that some grand scheme is underway? Stop being so paranoid people, it is their job to fly, they are pilots. In the military we are constantly tested and evaluated on our jobs and our job knowledge, especially the pilots. They are in charge of multi-million dollar/pound aircrafts and the government wants to make sure that they are capable of flying those aircraft.

Training exercises also happen A LOT! Sometimes during larger exercises they will even fly fighters over from another base to assist or to use as a sort of "back-up". If we are on a high alert or a raised FP-CON level you probably won't know but there is nothing to worry about because we are equipped with the latest technology to make sure that you civilians are safe. We also train with other countires a lot!. Especially when we (US military) are overseas.

Also anytime something major happens like a natural disaster key word being "natural" people think it is HAARP or something else the government is doing.

I just want to know why people are so paranoid with everything.

2012 is another thing that is HUGE right now. Why? The mayans had several different calenders, why is the one that ends in our Dec. of 2012 anything special? What about the other ones? Man has predicted the end of times throughout history. Literally hundreds and hundreds of times, those times have passed with nothing significant to come.

People also talk about the NWO, if the NWO is real (which I personally think it could be) and people say that they keep the fear into the masses to keep control over them, then why are people on this site spreading this fear??? We are supposed to be united to stand up and find out what is really going on in this world behind the scenes but 60% of threads on this website are nothing but people fear mongering and spreading lies and propaganda. Why are you helping keep people in fear?? And please do not say that you are spreading truth, because most of it are lies created by internet hoaxers and crazy people.

I do not deny that there are brilliant conspriacies out there!! But there are so many horrible ones that it makes the public see us as "crazy". How are we supposed to let the world know of these truths if they only see us as "crazy"?

I am not looking to start any kind of flame war at all what so ever! Please feel free to share anything but please be respectful.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I love simple truth. I believe certain conspiracy's can lend themselves to a certain type of person.

This person is what I call a searcher they are always searching whether it be for love or spiritual enlightenment. The problem is they never find it and spend a ton of energy searching for it.

That is why doomsday conspiracy's are so beloved to them. Just like the moth to a flame they can have a ending to it all in that type of conspiracy.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Reign02,

You say "paranoid" like it's a bad thing...

You are correct in stating that often paranoia appears to be superior to common sense on this site but that's why I love it!!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Paranoia is just the nature of the beast that is a conspiracy web site. What do you expect with the topics discussed on ATS? I thing it's good to be open minded, but not so open your brains fall out

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
HAHA yea I hear you. Some of the threads are pretty funny. Like I am an alien.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
"Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us".

Yes, us members may be paranoid at times, but through some insightful, and many times fierce discussions here on ATS, we come to see a bit of light. That light of information may take some of us to a point where we find the truth. Either defeating the paranoid thoughts (most times) or confirming them (painfully few times).

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Paranoia is just the nature of the beast that is a conspiracy web site. What do you expect with the topics discussed on ATS? I thing it's good to be open minded, but not so open your brains fall out

Aww, you used my favorite brain falling out phrase. Nice job.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

ATS is ATS, unfortunately, because it's exclusively online and designed as an online forum it will attract the interests of a vast cross section of people; anyone from the academics among us to the young and inexperienced among us.

I'd offer that it doesn't really matter what topic is important to you, or what relevance it has to your life. The importance should be lay on what you get out of this website.

I personally dislike a lot of what I read on here, not because I dislike the content, but because too many people talk a load of bollocks and the anonyminity of the internet serves as a very convenient veil for people to talk bollocks under.

However, with that in mind, please keep some faith in this site because there are some very, very good minds here on ATS, not all academic and not all intellectual, but it's what they contribute that matters - because you can recieve and learn a lot from it.

I have a low post count per time spent on ATS and there's a reason for it.

PEACE

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
ohh I denfinately have faith in this site. Some of the conspriacies and theories are absolutly amazing. Others not so much lol

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Be prepared to be called a Disinfo Agent...

...a wise friend once said to me:
"The problem with Conspiracy websites is that they're predominately populated by Conspiracy Theorists"

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I have been called that but its funny because the people lying and making up stories are the disinfo agents lol

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I really wanna have a beer with ya Reign, agreed that ATS can get a little absurd sometimes.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Guess I'm a conspiracy nut, but I really enjoy this site. After reading infowars for a couple of years, intelligent conversation is a very welcome change.

For me, I have first hand experience with government tyranny and lies so I tend to be more interested than most, but you're right, without at least some critical thinking, you're doomed.

For example, I did four years in the U.S. Army, traveled the world and worked with the military from all over the world on many different exercises and one thing was common. Orders don't come with detailed instructions or explanations.

Pilots may be ordered to fly an "exercise" somewhere not knowing they're spraying through the jet fuel itself (chem trail conspiracy theory). I wonder how many pilots were told Agent Orange was dangerous years ago, I'll tell you, zero. Yet they were called paranoid conspiracy nuts too.

Most of the (unpaid) commentators or commenter that call entire groups of people "conspiracy nuts" usually are naive and ignorant to the subject and haven't researched the topic one iota and just knee jerk scoff because at first many things sound crazy. Despite countless examples of the government admitting to or getting caught in lies, most people still believe almost everything their told.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Coming to ATS and saying we're paranoid is like going to an AA meeting and saying "You're all a bunch of drunks."... or going to a rest home of old folks and saying"You're all gonna die."

We know that...that's why we're here....LOL

But..but... when I live in the same area for more than a few years...and the bases have been here longer...and I see clusters of attack choppers never seen before...ing south east toward Ft.Bragg or wilmington...and the news is full of sterpped war threats abroad..and the movements of planes...transportsC-130s and choppers and heavy flow of army road trasffic mirrors that of 1990 prior to Gulf War I...sure, I expect something is happening.

When I read of standoffs between Nev.SWAT and Fed agents....or raids on Amish farmers for selling raw milk... or hear of Az Sheriffs accusing the government of not protecting its citizens..and the raids of Mexican bandits across the border....we did send army down there in 1910 for as much....yeah...something's going on.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
We conspiracy types are just one end of a social bell curve.
On the other end you have those that trust everything the MSM
provides and can be very vocal about the crazies on the other end.
In the middle you have the rest of the sheeple.

I like where I'm at, because IF the SHTF, right here is where I'll find out
first. And if TS-doesn't-HTF, this company is still alot more interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
after reading ats for a few months i was addicted, so i went to the doctor and he told me i was paranoid....... well he didnt actually say those words but thats what he was thinking.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I know those in the military are doing a great job to keep us safe and I thank you, however after 9/11 we have all become a bit more concerned as to what is going on in the skies - paranoid, yea, but that's not always a bad thing. We are conditioned to check the sidewalk for ice before heading out.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
ATS is paranoid??? you think?? its a conspiracy site. you dont exactly have joe smith from across the street posting on here. not that i know of anyway. i think its safe to say 80% of poster on here are pretty paranoid.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well this sounds a bit too much like my husband and all his rational thinking. I may be a little overly concerned about the conspiracy theory. My husbands refutes that the government is not that organized so I have nothing to worry about. I am not so sure about the government. In my opionion it seems about like chess only a couple of people are in control the rest of the pieces are just moved about knowingly or not.
I may be a bit crazy for thinking in this fashion but at least crazy is a little interesting.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Dude...

We all sit in front of our computers wearing tinfoil hats.

[size=10]YES ATS IS PARANOID!!!![/SIZE]

Hello Captain Obvious.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
No, the media has changed so now we need to parallax reports to get at the truth. I really miss the days of Walter Cronkite when he used to end his broadcasts with "and that is the way it is" and you really had the feeling that maybethat was the way it was. The world has changed and we need places like ATS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join