It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Heads Roll, Striking Similarities (Edited)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Isn't saying an idea (thread) should be destroyed because you don't agree with it just a little. . .oh. . .fascist? If a person thinks an idea is ignorant, debunk and disprove it. Denying ignorance (for me) is not about IGNORING ignorance.

Gazz obviously has an opinion, and has gone to some extent expressing this opinion. Rather than saying "this sucks, change it," maybe you should put some time and effort into a counterpoint? Btw, attacking the author is NOT a counterpoint.

Is Gazz's idea a little far fetched? Yes, but it's not the most far fetched thing on this site by any stretch. This site is based on far fetched ideas.

Was this in bad taste? If I was dead right now, under such bizarre circumstances, I would want as many people as possible looking as soon as possible at every angle of my demise. Public awareness can only help Paul Johnson now.

Do I think the Bush administration ordered the slaughter of this innocent American citizen as a PR move? No, sorry, I think something more effective and less depraved could have been used for PR rather than this. Also the possible repercussions from exposure are astronomical. It's too risky. Someone, someday, would squeal.

--J1m

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just1Man
Do I think the Bush administration ordered the slaughter of this innocent American citizen as a PR move? No, sorry, I think something more effective and less depraved could have been used for PR rather than this. Also the possible repercussions from exposure are astronomical. It's too risky. Someone, someday, would squeal.

--J1m

First off, Kudos to you for sticking up for this post and Gazz! Now down to business....

Have you ever wondered though, that while Bush himself or even his Main Advisor's and so forth may not have ordered such a horrible P.R. tactic, perhaps there are those who support Bush and this War who would and could do such a thing?

For example, think of it like the Mob or Shady Business Practices. Bush is the Front Man, Puppet or Face that interacts in the spotlight and in public notice. The Operation Iraqi Freedom is the Business. Now, since such a large business can't be handled all on it's own and especially not by the Front Man who is busy Dancing for the crowds, the main gears of The Business is actually being handled by 'Other Players'.

For Iraqi Freedom these players represent 'Big Money Men', 'Military Brass', 'Other Allied Leaders like Israel' and so forth. These 'Other Players' are the Mob part of the Business in that they get their cut from The Business but in more of a secret way. All of them and the Front Man are in on it, but the Face isn't privy to the more 'Shady' things that sometimes come up during the business day, which is what the 'Other Players' manage. The Front Man's job is just to stay the course and rely on his 'Players' while the 'Players' just keep things running as best as possible while keeping their Front Man Dancing so the whole Business stays in Business.

See what I'm saying?? It's not that far fetched when you consider it like that is it?? I mean there is Actual Proof of Just that kind of thing within our Government on more than one occasion & even worse. Now, I'm not saying that IS what's happening now, but I am saying it IS certainly possible and it wouldn't be the first time.

As far as getting caught, not to worry. With everything separated and compartmentalized, where everyone just does their part and nobody but maybe a few Very Top Secret guys even knows what everyone is doing, if someone gets caught, they can't bring down the rest. Just like bush and his bad Intel about the WMD's. Everybody gets to pass the buck to 'Their Source' as it's the fault of the Source not the Person who uses that Source for Advice. Then the buck just gets past around until it lands on someone who is expendable. But surely the Front Man is relatively safe as well as the other Top Players. Just like the abuse of Iraqi Captives or other War Crime type stuff. The top guys or even middle guys usually never suffer the beating, it's always set up so someone or just a small part of the whole takes the fall while everyone else gets out clean or with maybe a slap on the wrist.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I was the editor that asked that Gazz to tone down his title. I believed it to be alarmist in nature. I would do the same thing today if the situation were the same. At the time, there was no apparent reason to invoke that level of hysteria.

I take great issue now with the use of Mr. Johnson's death in this manner. Why the hell would you jump to conclusions that you have now stated with absolutely no evidence? And furthermore, the immediate time after Mr. Johnson's death proves, at least to me, that you have been fomenting this theory in your own mind even before the actual execution took place...that's a bit of a credibility issue, now isn't it?

I stand by asking you to tone down your title. And I stand by saying that your statements today are unfounded.

It's fine to conjecture when there is some iota of reason to do so, but conjecture based solely on bias is meaningless and valueless.

Valhall, I have no issue with having to change the title you are talking about. and I am thankful that I have editors to help me with my submissions because I do tend to put too much of myself into a report. Changing the title was correct and it was alarmist. But it was based on what I was feeling. That being said the report itself was accurate.

As for this thread and my opinions or conjecture as you call it. I have removed it, and it is just time to move on.

Valhall I have a great deal of respect for you and there is a lot of truth in what you say here. I am not perfect, and there is a time and place for everything this was just the wong place and time for my post.
I have learned my lesson here. in a very hard and dramatic way. There are some things that are best left alone.

Gazz

[edit on 19-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I for one don't agree with your removing of your post, but it is your post after all.

Maybe this wasn't the right time, but any time is an opportune time to discuss anything under the sun.

Especially that which you believe in.

As to the point of your post, it is, IMO, very possible.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, it's nice to see so many understand that this site
IS ABOUT CONSPIRACIES!
Part of what makes a conspiracy one, is it's difficulty in "proof"!
Doesn't everyone realize that a true conspirator(s) is going to do everything, EVERYTHING, possible to conceal it.
I edited my original post in favor of some of the others.
I shouldn't have! That's exactly what a "terrorist" would have.
For people to cowar, and "back-off".
Is Gazz correct? Possibly.
Do I believe there is a "possible" conspiracy at hand? "Yes!"
That's what drew me to ATS; fellow conspiracy theorists.
Are some of these "gruesome" to consider? You betcha.
Even one of our founding members, Thomas Payne said "Violence in the defense of liberty, is no vice."
Now, does anyone find it interesting that the House of Saud, and the bin Laden family have given the Bushes $1.4Billion?
will find the link, it was spoken about by M.J.Gohel on CNN, last nite, late.
I also believe that we are limiting our vision if we are to believe that only OUR President could be involved.
I believe this conspiracy is part of a much larger one designed to "globalize".
The effect of the last atrocity, i.e. Johnson, was worldwide.
-==========================================

==============

[edit on 19-6-2004 by DarkRain]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I wish I was a Mod cause I'd trash this thread!

Let me go on the record and say I apologize for my request to trash this thread. It was written in haste and in anger after being consumed with thoughts and feelings of disgust over the whole situation.

I wholeheartedly agree that this site is dedicated to freethinking, and that includes those opinions that differ from my own. A conspirecy site like this allows the types of ideas that often lead to answers and solutions that conventional sites don't get to.

The content of this thread isn't what upset me. I've read and written much more contreversial things than this, and have had much less of an emotional reaction. I guess it was the timing of the post that got to me. But, that's no reason to say what I said.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Any chance of knowing what was said? This thread is a little confusing to be reading now... One can only guess what was originally said.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
UM_Gazz speak your mind no matter what people will think of you!

speak your ideas / thoughts no matter what!

i was banned for my beliefs but look at me now... im still here!

dont wory you dont have to edit your s**t just because people are crying about "recent events"

speak your mind!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join