It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Going Nuclear By September

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

IRAN GOING NUCLEAR BY SEPTEMBER

www.thene.ws

Iran announced Monday that the Bushehr plant – the first nuclear power plant to generate electricity – will be operational by September, after years of delay.

The head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Ali Akbar Salehi said that competent authorities are checking the station’s equipment, saying that it will operational by next month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on by sanctum because: All caps title

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Some countries fear Tehran may use byproducts from the plant to make atomic weapons.

And with the reactor nearly up and running, there's speculation the US or Israel may launch a military strike against the Islamic nation before any nuclear material is delivered.

Officials have announced it will receive its first shipment of nuclear material within weeks.

www.thene.ws
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Good. Maybe once they get a credible deterrent the Empire will leave them alone.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
that might explain the warning obama mentioned the other day that said the deadline for iran to comply with there demands ends in September

i would assume that us/Israel will strike before it comes online to prevent the possible spread of radiation if/when they bomb it

the fires seem to have russia pretty distracted at the moment and well china seems intently more focused on the whole north korean situation id start watching the phases of the moon to try to more accurately predict when a possible strike is more likely

we also have that build up in northern Israel that seems to point to the beating of war drums but hey hopefully this all ends up being resolved peacefully but we did just pull alota troops out of iraq(still left 50K) behind as a garrison and its problay nothing but there are two threads talking about increased activity in the UK and USA of military assets being moved around and with russia seemingly turning a cold shoulder to iran i wouldnt put it past them bolth to have some kinda shady backroom deal involving the withdrawl of russian scientists from the plant but thats just conjecture form your own opinions prepare for war but pray for peace

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf
Good. Maybe once they get a credible deterrent the Empire will leave them alone.

Ya credible deterrent.
I love the one liner bash America posts they give me the warm feeling in my stomach. Oh wait that is vomit. When will you simple minded fools see this is not just one country but a a world wide machine set up to keep us all in line. But by all means point your finger at the villain of the day. Who knows maybe Germany will get the top spot again or maybe Russia.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by Neo_Serf

Ya credible deterrent.
I love the one liner bash America posts they give me the warm feeling in my stomach. Oh wait that is vomit. When will you simple minded fools see this is not just one country but a a world wide machine set up to keep us all in line. But by all means point your finger at the villain of the day. Who knows maybe Germany will get the top spot again or maybe Russia.

He never mentioned America, YOU did buddy. "The Empire" seems to be describing exactly what you are talking about, so what is your problem?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TylerDruden

Some countries fear Tehran may use byproducts from the plant to make atomic weapons.

Do you have a source for this? Which countries fear this, because it is an irrational fear based on ignorance of physics, among other things. There is NO infrastructure in Iran for building nuclear weapons. Even if they did have such an infrastructure, it would take them a decade to make enough plutonium for a bomb.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
With all the talk of Global Warming and CO2 levels,

you'd think Iran would be congratulated for turning to cleaner fuel...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
"IRAN GOING NUCLEAR BY SEPTEMBER"

followed by their next thread

"THE SKY IS FALLING"

C'mon, Iran has some mighty big catching up to match the nukes held by the USA and Russia. 1 or 2 nukes in Irans hands don't buy them enough clout to hold off a spectacular response by either the USA or Russia. And let me ask you this, do you feel any safer knowing we have thousands of nukes? Are you so sure we'll use our nukes any better. Maybe we'll be just as reckless as you suspect Iran will be. After all, we're the only country that targeted innocent civilians with nukes and killed hundreds of thousands including babies and pregnant women with unborn children. The biggest quickest abortion kill on record. How's that for all those out there against abortion?

Remember we did this not once, but twice (Hiroshima & Nagasaki). Some track record we have.

So what gives us the right to judge other countries when we've already done what we fear others might do?

[edit on 10-8-2010 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I predict that people WILL START USING MORE AND MORE CAPITAL LETTERS, ALMOST LIKE SHOUTING, BECAUSE THE ARGUMENT ITSELF HOLDS NO WATER AND IF SPOKEN SOFTLY NOONE WOULD HEAR IT, SO IT MUST BE SHOUTED VERY LOUD! IF WE SHOUT IT ENOUGH TIMES MAYBE IT WILL COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAWR SHOUTING AND STUFF!!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by TylerDruden

Do you have a source for this? Which countries fear this, because it is an irrational fear based on ignorance of physics, among other things. There is NO infrastructure in Iran for building nuclear weapons. Even if they did have such an infrastructure, it would take them a decade to make enough plutonium for a bomb.

Iran has been processing Uranium for months now and that is what you need for a Nuke. They have been taking it up to I think 20% on the refinement scale and for a Nuke, you need I'm told about 90%.

All they have to do is leave it in the centrifuges spinning for longer to take it up to that level.

They already have the kit to do it and how do we know, they haven't already done it.

Iran also has enough cash to purchase a few Nukes, one of the hundreds gone missing over the last few years.

Take a step back, look at the facts and that's why the Governments are worried including the UN. You can't pass several sets of sanctions on a Country unless you have proof and good reason so obviously they have!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

Not likely. it just means a land war. I mean, we invaded Iraq because they had nuclear WMD. Isn't that the official story?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Neo_Serf

Not likely. it just means a land war. I mean, we invaded Iraq because they had nuclear WMD. Isn't that the official story?

lol, yes.

War
Mongers
Determination

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Bah, propaganda website.

Proof?

Nothing to see here, moving along.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Bushehr isn't an efficient source of weapons-grade fissile material.

One LWR (light-water reactor) would take years to produce a meaningful amount of weaponizable material.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just on Russia Today channel, Iran has new centrifuges, able to now build bomb quicker!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Already being discussed here too. Lovely, dramatic headline on this one though.

new topics

top topics

join