It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa forgets to smudge out an anomaly on the Moon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme

One thing i have not considered is that (Your right) Google is part of the disinformation and using this to promote the idea of aliens near us, for a staged False Flag attack!

This would also answer why the obvious DoD shills on here are so openly operating to further the deception!

Oh christ... If it even looked remotely like something, maybe your straws would be clutch-worthy.... But only people on ATS... Only here, is it definitely a humanoid robot on the moon being stalked by nasa with the help of google conspirators to propagate a false flag operation to... Uhh... What now? Sell us moon cheese ? I don't think you thought it out too well, too many catch phrases, not enough conspiracy...

Thank god this place exists, keeps most of the lunatics out of real life situations...

[edit on 10/8/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines
reply to post by Phage

It is quite obviously NOT a fault in the scan, or 'debris' in the camera.

I think most here would disagree with that sentiment, but more importantly, if it's not debris in the camera, why does it remain in picture after picture in the same place in the frame regardless of where on the moon the camera is looking and regardless of the lighting conditions?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

Really? Here it is with a bit of level adjustment. What do you think it is?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1dbc484b1546.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Whoa.
That guy is doing the moonwalk.
Literally.

XL5

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It IS a robot, but its not on the moon. Nasa makes these tiny robots to remove dirt from the camera lenses and what not.

How does stuff like that even get in/on the lens?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The pictures i have may not be the highest res, and i had to shrink them to fit the webpage, but even so, the backround isn't even the same, oh, there are some extra 'stars' on the horizon -something you just don't see in regular moon shots (ambient light etc)- but the fuzzy blob is still there, though, amongst all the uniform-colour-extra-pixels. I'm not even going to start on the botched 'colour correction' on the Mars photo's.
I daresay you will present truckloads of evidence to disprove that, too.
Go ahead, i will closely scrutinise your material, & i will give an honest answer as to what i think it is.
I'm not saying dirt can't get into cameras; just that it's highly unlikely, given the stringent 'clean' handling. My camera has been through deserts, up mountains, been dropped, has been in very dirty places, yet i have never had 'foreign objects' on the film-crap on the lens is simply not seen unless it's some distance from the lens.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So its a giant robot floating on its back with an anti shadow shield on the moon? Makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
yea its an alien robot, and guess what? only YOU found it, not nasa not anyone else that has pictures of the moon, nope just you because YOUR special, and if your really good you might get a treat (ohh reese?)
(SERIOUSLY SARCASTIC)

..and now i will be serious
Nasa doesn't forgot #, nor do they make mistakes, it is merely a trick of play on the eyes, your squint hard enough that innocent dinner party will look like a paris hilton sex tape.

So before jumping to *wild* conclusions, stop and think for a minute "why would super advanced aliens...want to chill out on a tiny moon orbiting a tiny planet, in one solar system out of trillions and billions".

Seriously think about that, if you walk up to an ant hill, do you take one ant and do w.e to it? sure you might kill it rip its head off get a few laughs but really thats about it, sorry to disappoint you, but there are no aliens on the moon, just some good old fasion human garbage

(no really its just a ditch between the 2 craters) i enhanced the photo nothing special

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

Then what is your explanation for the object appearing on multiple images, and looking the same in each image, and located in the same part (in the frame) of each image?

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Well first of all, i would try to get the highest possible res pictures i could, zoom in, see if they change position (relative to the frame), zoom in to pixel level & look for fake pixels.
Now, as Phage pointed out, dirt may shift due to vibration etc, and maybe disappear from the film eventually.
These ones are consistently in the same place, the same angle etc .
It would be interesting to see all the pics and see if it 'moved a bit' before disappearing-or was it just for these frames?
It might also be worth noting how many different pictures you can gather with the same number, and try to source them to the source.
It's probably some dirt in the camera

[edit on 10-8-2010 by playswithmachines]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hello All

As I'am new here I will just jump in with my thoughts

From the images posted to me it does look out of place. I have been interested in why Japan,China,and India have all sent Hi / Def sattelites to the moon. Perhaps one their observations at the same coorinated can explain the image of what looks like something standing on the moon.

Have an unusual day.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If you want a real, un-edited, absolutely NOT faked NASA picture, here it is;
media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The original image is from a scan made at Arizona State University. What you have "found" is dirt which was caught in the metric camera on an Apollo mission. There are many other examples. Many of them found right here on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Subsequent analysis during image reprocessing has revealed that during the missions foreign debris are present in the optical path of the camera system and can be seen in the seen in the photographic exposures. Selected examples of blemish features of this type are shown in Figure 2. A movie showing blemish movement can be seen here. While the image processing steps undertaken as part of this effort might remove some of these blemish features, users should be aware that blemish features exist and take appropriate precautions.

apollo.sese.asu.edu...

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Phage]

Dirt casts a shadow? 0_o

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Shadows point in the same direction regardless of lighting?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The OP's third picture is not the same orientation as the others. Phage's first pic is the same event and also a different orientation from any of the OP's, are all these pictures straight from NASA's archive without interference.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is definitely not a person,life form or an alien as some people are claiming.. If you have the legend turned on you in Google Moon, this anomaly, if on the ground, would be about 325 meters long and about 80 meters wide... seems pretty unlikely to be a person/alien or robot in my opinion.

This is clearly dirt on the camera lens, because this exact same anomaly appears on several other photographs from different locations.

I think this was debunked on page 1 or 2 max...

Anyways check my video embedded earlier on page 6, titled Google Moon Anomalies. Many of these repeat themselves in several different locations.

I think people should still screw around with Google Sky/Moon/Mars, its fun, passes the time well sometimes and there are some nice things to see in our universe. BUT i think people should stop making conclusions from Google images alone...

If your anomaly is present on other programs similar to Google Moon/Sky/Mars, then you should raise concern and make a nice post!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Seems to be that the light is travelling only in one direction. Note the shadows cast by the crater nearby; should the light be travelling in another direction, you would see a northernly shadow cast, whereas here we can see clearly all light is casting shadows in a southernly manner.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The original image is from a scan made at Arizona State University. What you have "found" is dirt which was caught in the metric camera on an Apollo mission. There are many other examples. Many of them found right here on ATS.

You speak with authority but there's no way you could be certain of what the image is showing!! Plus its ridiculous to think that it's dirt! There's no "dirt" in outterspace!! lol It's a freaking vacuum.. nothingness.. if it was dirt in the metric camera then wouldn't all the photos have the exact same smudge? in which case.. how could someone "miss" this photo.. they would have known where to find the "dirt" smudge and removed it.

You're suggestion that it's dirt is typical of your lame debunking attempts... try again.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOPrimate
if it was dirt in the metric camera then wouldn't all the photos have the exact same smudge?

um...
yes?

You're suggestion that it's dirt is typical of your lame debunking attempts... try again.

um...
why?

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

And how about here?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54ab005aa7b3.png[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join