It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do the masons here on ats feel about the NWO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

From my understanding it had nothing to do with Masons, Sam Adams was the supposed master mind, but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest it.. there is plenty to prove he defended the actions after the fact, but not planning. And he himself as far as I know was never "proven" to be a Mason, though he was close with many of them..

Anyways, the "Party" started at the Old South Meeting House not a Masonic lodge.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

my good man ,i do understand your thoughts very well ,however can we both agree that their have been many people that use the craft ,for negitive gain? ,i believe your conversation yesterday proved that ? .i think that it hold true when i say that the other orders that use the mason foundation to courupt and gain is the problem here would you not agree ?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
also ,was their ever plotting agenst the catholic church ? by masons ? was their at one point a law within the church stating that you would be excomunicated if you were found to be a mason ?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If there was any plot against the catholic church by Freemasons, it was not intended. The catholic church condemed Freemasonry because of the ideals that Freemasonry stands for. I think the main one would be tollerance for all faiths. Although I believe that you can be excomunicated if you are found to be a Freemason even today.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
[edit on 10-8-2010 by humbleseeker]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
If there was any plot against the catholic church by Freemasons, it was not intended. The catholic church condemed Freemasonry because of the ideals that Freemasonry stands for. I think the main one would be tollerance for all faiths. Although I believe that you can be excomunicated if you are found to be a Freemason even today.

I believe the same as humbleseeker, although I know of many Catholics that are also Masons. In general the Church's teachings are very similar to the Masonic teachings, and Masons do not hide their affiliations from their Churches or vice versa. I am sure there are still some localized hostilities, but in general, both organizations are very tolerant these days.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker

i believe ,it might have started by the knights templars ,then was passed down to the masons as far as why the church would want to ban it ,but i just found some info as far as that goes ..

Advise masons that Freemasonry is not anti-Catholic although, depending whom you ask, the opposite may be true.

In 1974 Cardinal Seper wrote to the bishops, stating that “The Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith . . . has ruled that Canon 2335 no longer bars a Catholic from membership of masonic groups. . . . And so a Catholic who joins the Freemasons is excommunicated only if the policy and actions of the Freemasons in his area are known to be hostile to the Church. . . .”[29] But there have been developments since then.

In 1983, a new Code of Canon Law was published, wherein Canon 2335 was replaced by Canon 1374, which only forbade membership in organizations which “plot against the Church” and removed the penalty of automatic excommunication, replacing it with “a just penalty.” This is in conformity with Cardinal Seper’s interpretation. Shortly before the new Code was published, however, the Sacred Congregation, under a new Prefect, issued a pronouncement that Canon 1374 did not really affect the original policy. Although the pronouncement nullifies Cardinal Seper’s earlier ruling, it was issued prior to the effective date of the new canon. Accordingly, some dioceses are holding that the canon supersedes the ruling and are on that basis permitting masonic membership.[30]

The point is that masonry is neither “for” nor “against” any faith or denomination. The repeated need to say so is deeply troubling as it reveals, at best, questions arising out of on little or no capacity for independent thought.

sorce www.freemasons-freemasonry.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm personally against a one world government, globalization, whatever you want to call it. I'm for a small centralized government and, being an American, for stronger State government. I'm a staunch Constitutional conservative.

reply to post by Nephi1337

I've read Morals & Dogma and he is not preaching for either war or the NWO; that is a lie you are trying to recycle. Nor did Albert Pike have a hand in the creation of the KKK, nor was he a member.

Also, Albert Pike is a historical figure predominately only in the Scottish Rite. Nor is the Scottish Rite a superior hierarchy/command for the Blue Lodge.

Also, its "which" not "witch".

reply to post by Violater1

You were saying?

Just because its on the Net doesn't mean its true. Cite your sources that show Pike was a KKK member. We can cite dozens of sources that show he wasn't, as he wasn't. The burden of proof lies with you.

It's been proven definitively that Freemasons don't worship Lucifer. I mean, one of your links says it has one of the Oaths of the Scottish Rite, and yet, you cannot show me any source that has Lucifer or Satan named anywhere in the ritual/ceremony. Strange.

reply to post by Rockpuck

And even Christianity has used the Eye of Providence.

reply to post by dontreally

Wow, insulting Masons? That's original. Come on, keep it civil. Plus, what's wrong with being Gnostic? And where do you get it that Gnostics lie?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
then i come across somthing like this

Historical theories, only sometimes supported by valid research and investigation, range from the operative-speculative transition theory, championed by Robert Freke Gould and Harry Carr, to the monastic inner sancta theory, proposed by Cyril Batham.[6] Both of these are theories about the origin of speculative Freemasonry. It should be stressed that no one today really knows how the Fraternity originated, but the transition theory seems to have taken on a life of its own, and is too often treated as the last word on the subject.[7] It should be stressed to our students that these are but theories of origin and not established facts.

www.freemasons-freemasonry.com...

intresting ,i am really staring to digg this mason stuff ,

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Was Jesus a Mason?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

so then are you a mason ?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Also do some research on the Regius Poem (sometimes called the Halliwell Manuscript) which alludes to that Freemasonry was started in York, England, in 926 AD>

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I am. I've been in for over 4-years and have joined many different bodies and orders.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

I've read Morals & Dogma and he is not preaching for either war or the NWO; that is a lie you are trying to recycle. Nor did Albert Pike have a hand in the creation of the KKK, nor was he a member.

Also, Albert Pike is a historical figure predominately only in the Scottish Rite. Nor is the Scottish Rite a superior hierarchy/command for the Blue Lodge.

Also, its "which" not "witch".

my good man you must have miss read my post ? where in that post did i say it was fact ? ...also i said anyone correct me if i am wrong ..so if i offended you or some how convinced you that i was spreding lies ,then please forgive me i was not trying to do so ,i am simply posting because i want to learn more and understand the mason point of view

many thanks

Nephi

Ksigmason

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Nephi1337]

lol how did i do that ? oops

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have a question, what are the benefits of being a mason? And what is the appeal?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I do come off sometimes as very aggressive. I do apologize for it. I only mean to correct and inform.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

no worrys old boy ,i was just making a correction as you have for me ..carry on

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

well i am not one however i might consider it very soon,but for me its the mystic side of it ..i am intrested in it cause i know their is alot i can learn .besides its the world oldest order .who knows how much magic are behind its doors

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
I have a question, what are the benefits of being a mason? And what is the appeal?

Its not what your fraternity can do for you, it's what can you do for your fraternity! Or whatever JFK would say if he were a Mason.

Seriously, if you go into something like Masonry looking for a benefit, then you are probably a bad fit.

There are many benefits that you will realize after you begin to put in work, and make lifelong connections. There is the mysticism, there is the camaraderie, there is the history and the lessons, there is the networking among a group of high moral characters from within your community.

In general though, you get the opportunity to learn what makes great men great. And then, even better is that you get to teach young members how to become better men. One of the corny bumperstickers and T-shirt slogans says, "Masonry, Making Good Men Better." That is the fun part for me. I love bringing in new members and watching them grow. I wish I had joined at a much younger age!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

I am. I've been in for over 4-years and have joined many different bodies and orders.

my i ask you what other orders? if you can say ,if not no worries ..i am intrested in all of it ..lol ..and i am not one to point and put down . i like to look at both sides and learn and then filter out pros and cons

many thanks

Nephi

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join