It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Occurring in Every Planet in Solar System

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have decided to re post my old thread simply because it took me a while to write it, and find all the research that I posted in my original thread to see it being plagiarized either if it is being done unintentionally, or intentionally.

I also want to made clear that the name I chose for the thread was meant to be sarcastic and not to be taken literally.

All the research I posted on the original thread would take me hours, if not days to re post, so i won't be able to re post everything in one day.
........................................................................................................................

This is a fact that not many people know about, and quite a few people, would like that there was no evidence to back this fact, because some people would like the world to believe that human activity is the cause for global warming on Earth. I am not advocating that releasing harmful gases, and chemicals in the oceans and atmosphere are good, but after a few years of research, I have come to understand that global warming is happening in the Solar System, not just on Earth.

Some people just want to listen to what some environmentalists are claiming, that global warming is happening because of human activity, and we are the cause for the extreme changes in climate we have been seeing lately getting worse and worse.

I will let now the facts speak for themselves as to what is really happening.

Mars may be going through a period of climate change, new findings from NASA's Mars Odyssey orbiter suggest.

Odyssey has been mapping the distribution of materials on and near Mars' surface since early 2002, nearly a full annual cycle on Mars. Besides tracking seasonal changes, such as the advance and retreat of polar dry ice, the orbiter is returning evidence useful for learning about longer-term dynamics.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Martian Ice Shrinking Dramatically

New gullies that did not exist in mid-2002 have appeared on a Martian sand dune.

That's just one of the surprising discoveries that have resulted from the extended life of NASA's Mars Global Surveyor, which this month began its ninth year in orbit around Mars. Boulders tumbling down a Martian slope left tracks that weren't there two years ago. New impact craters formed since the 1970s suggest changes to age-estimating models. And for three Mars summers in a row, deposits of frozen carbon dioxide near Mars' south pole have shrunk from the previous years size, suggesting a climate change in progress.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Prediction of a global climate change on Jupiter
Philip S. Marcus

Jupiter's atmosphere, as observed in the 1979 Voyager space craft images, is characterized by 12 zonal jet streams and about 80 vortices, the largest of which are the Great Red Spot and three White Ovals that had formed1 in the 1930s. The Great Red Spot has been observed2 continuously since 1665 and, given the dynamical similarities between the Great Red Spot and the White Ovals, the disappearance3, 4 of two White Ovals in 1997−2000 was unexpected. Their longevity and sudden demise has been explained5 however, by the trapping of anticyclonic vortices in the troughs of Rossby waves, forcing them to merge.

www.nature.com...

Pluto is undergoing global warming, researchers find
October 9, 2002

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--Pluto is undergoing global warming, as evidenced by a three-fold increase in the planet's atmospheric pressure during the past 14 years, a team of astronomers from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Williams College, the University of Hawaii, Lowell Observatory and Cornell University announced in a press conference today at the annual meeting of the American Astronomical Society's (AAS) Division for Planetary Sciences in Birmingham, AL.

web.mit.edu...

That's a 300% increase in atmospheric pressure in Pluto, which is the highest increase in any planet in the Solar system, and it is increasing as Pluto orbits away from the Sun. If the Sun is the cause for global warming in the solar system, as some scientists say, why is it that Pluto, the planet that is the farthest away from the Sun, experiencing the most severe effects, and it is getting worse and worse as it orbits away from the sun?

Pluto thought to be warming up
Astronomers at the University of Tasmania have found that the solar system's smallest planet is not getting colder as first thought and it probably does not have rings.

Dr John Greenhill has collected observations from last month's event when Pluto passed in front of a bright star, making it easier to study.

French scientists have shared the measurements they took in Tasmania that night, which indicate that the planet is unlikely to have rings.

Dr Greenhill says the results are surprising because they show Pluto is warming up.

www.abc.net.au...

The following is a site which was made by several scientists who have no links with any government, or corporation, their findings are very interresting and give a different picture as to what is causing global warming. I can't quote any excerpts as there is a copyright issue, but I will post the link. Anyone interested in that information should read that site.

biocab.org...

biocab.org...

I also posted research from 1978 in which it was found that the Solar System was approaching an interstellar cloud that back then was though could possibly affect the terrestial climate in the near future, which is exactly what we have been seen happening not only on Earth, but every planet in the Solar System.

Observational arguments in favor of such a cloud are presented, and implications of the presence of a nearby cloud are discussed, including possible changes in terrestrial climate. It is suggested that the postulated interstellar cloud should encounter the solar system at some unspecified time in the near future and might have a drastic influence on terrestrial climate in the next 10,000 years.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

BTW, that research does not say the Solar System will encounter this cloud in 10,000 years like some people tried to claim, but rather we would encounter such a cloud in the near future and that it might have drastic influence on terrestrial climate in the next 10,000 years.

I then posted evidence that we have been approaching this cloud and I stated this many times back then, and recently we found what I postulated back in 2006 is true.

ESA sees stardust storms heading for Solar System

PRESS RELEASE
Date Released: Monday, August 18, 2003
Source: Artemis Society
Until ten years ago, most astronomers did not believe stardust could enter our Solar System. Then ESAs Ulysses spaceprobe discovered minute stardust particles leaking through the Suns magnetic shield, into the realm of Earth and the other planets. Now, the same spaceprobe has shown that a flood of dusty particles is heading our way.

www.spaceref.com...

Notice that the "minute stardust particles" have been leaking into every planet because of the Sun's weakening magnetic field, and this weakening has gotten worse, and only now it seems to be getting slowly but surely stronger once again.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The following part is a response i made to another member saying that just because other planets are undergoing Climate change it doesn't mean that the same cause is what is causing Climate Change on Earth, and this is what I responded back then. Remember that I posted this in 2006.

................................................................................................................

What a coincidence that every planet which has an atmosphere in the Solar system is undergoing Global Warming and Climate change.... It is way too much of a coincidence, and even the sun is heating up more than it has in 1,000 years.

Did you take a look at the sites i gave of scientists who have no affilitation with any entity and they found that for example in the middle ages there was also global warming, yet there was no industrialization, they also found a correlation between the increase in cosmic rays entering our solar system and the changes in global temperatures.

They give a lot of information and graphs.

biocab.org...

The information from that site and the fact that we know we are going through an area in the Universe which is becoming denser and denser with intergalactic dust, which have excited particles such as ions, plasma, etc, show that what is presently happening, not only on Earth is not the result of human activity.

As i said, I am not saying that it is good to release gases and chemicals into the atmosphere and the oceans, but this shows that even if we stop every single car, every single factory and if every single human stopped using AC global warming will continue at the same pace it is going. There is no stopping it, and we need to make contingency plans with this in mind.

BTW, they studied "three Martian summers", not just one. Astrophysicists have been studying the solar system for as long as environmentalists have studied global warming on Earth, how long ago was it that many people, including scientists, said there was no global warming?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The following research and excerpt were posted by "Thomas Gale Moore Senior Fellow Hoover Institution Stanford University". Yes, this was back in 1993, but since then temperatures have not gone up 4 deg. Fahrenheit which shows part of the truth that during past Climate Change cycles Earth has been warmer, yet CO2 levels were LOWER. The Earth's geological record also shows that during cold cycles CO2 levels have also been HIGHER, which shows the fact that CO2 as it exists on Earth's atmosphere cannot cause the exaggerated warming claimed by the AGW believers.

History demonstrates that warmer is healthier. Since the end of the last Ice Age, the earth has enjoyed two periods that were warmer than the twentieth century. Archaeological evidence shows that people lived longer, enjoyed better nutrition, and multiplied more rapidly than during epochs of cold.

That Ice Age ended about 12,000 to 10,000 years ago when the glaciers covering much of North America, Scandinavia and northern Asia began to retreat to approximately their current positions. In North America the glacial covering lasted longer than in Eurasia because of topographical features that delayed the warming. Throughout history warming and cooling in different regions of the world have not correlated exactly because of the influence of such factors as oceans, mountains, and prevailing winds.

The following part is very important to see the whole picture regarding this topic

As the earth warmed with the waning of the Ice Age, the sea level rose as much as 300 feet; hunters in Europe roamed through modern Norway; agriculture developed in the Middle East, the Far East and the Americas. By 7,000 years ago and lasting for about four millenniums, the earth was more clement than today, perhaps by 4deg. Fahrenheit, about the average of the various predictions for global warming from a doubling of CO2. Although the climate cooled a bit after 3000 B.C., it stayed relatively warmer than the modern world until sometime after 1000 B.C., when chilly temperatures became more common. During the four thousand warmest years, Europe enjoyed mild winters and warm summers with a storm belt far to the north. Rainfall may have been 10 to 15 percent greater than now. Not only was the country less subject to severe storms, but the skies were less cloudy and the days, sunnier.

www.stanford.edu...

[edit on 10-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
In the following link, and I can only excerpt a small part of it, you will find many of the Climate Changes that Europe/Near East have seen in the last 15,000 years, and throughout many of those Climate Changes we have been experiencing both warming, and cooling, and the warming periods were similar to the warming we had been experiencing, but some events were even warmer than today.

large climate changes in Europe/Near East during the last 15,000 calendar years (note that these dates are in 'real' years not radiocarbon years).

14,500 y.a. - rapid warming and moistening of climates. Rapid deglaciation begins.

13,500 y.a. - climates about as warm and moist as today's

13,000 y.a. 'Older Dryas' cold phase (lasting about 200 years) before a partial return to warmer conditions.

12,800 y.a. (+/- 200 years)- rapid stepwise onset of the intensely cold Younger Dryas.

www.esd.ornl.gov...

BTW, the claim by some people that warming caused by the Sun stopped in 1960s or in 1985 is nothing but false. Research by some people such as Richard Willson, a researcher affiliated with NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies and Columbia University's Earth Institute, New York, has shown that solar radiation had been increasing until at least 2002, which was the last year of this particular study.

In fact he stated, and I quote:

"Historical records of solar activity indicate that solar radiation has been increasing since the late 19th century. If a trend, comparable to the one found in this study, persisted throughout the 20th century, it would have provided a significant component of the global warming the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reports to have occurred over the past 100 years," he said.

www.sciencedaily.com...

This particular research was only for 24 years, from 1978 until 2002, but research by other scientists has shown that before that time solar activity had been increasing for several decades and could have been ongoing for at least 100 years if not more.

A bit more of the excerpt from the above link states.

In this study, Willson, who is also Principal Investigator of NASA's ACRIM experiments, compiled a TSI record of over 24 years by carefully piecing together the overlapping records. In order to construct a long-term dataset, he needed to bridge a two-year gap (1989 to 1991) between ACRIM1 and ACRIM2. Both the Nimbus7/ERB and ERBS measurements overlapped the ACRIM 'gap.' Using Nimbus7/ERB results produced a 0.05 percent per decade upward trend between solar minima, while ERBS results produced no trend. Until this study, the cause of this difference, and hence the validity of the TSI trend, was uncertain. Willson has identified specific errors in the ERBS data responsible for the difference. The accurate long-term dataset, therefore, shows a significant positive trend (.05 percent per decade) in TSI between the solar minima of solar cycles 21 to 23 (1978 to present). This major finding may help climatologists to distinguish between solar and man-made influences on climate.

www.sciencedaily.com...

As a matter of fact, I have also presented other research which shows that until 2006 solar activity had been increasing. I will re post all that research as soon as I find it again, because the thread "The Whole Solar System is Undergoing Global Warming" was not the first, or only thread I started about this topic.

We also have had many members in the past few years post other research that supports the fact that what we are still experiencing is a natural cycle of Climate Change, and it has nothing to do with mankind's activities.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Sweet !

Thank you for the trouble.

For a detailed view on the dust cloud the solar system will travel through.
Please visit this thread :

Could the galactic dust cloud be the same as the Photon belt ? (True science meets fringe theories )

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
your thread is great read and full of insite into this phenomina much better than the thread that i have done s+f i definetly would not of wrote mine if i new about this it just shows that i am not nearly as bright as you because mine was just throwen together in about 10 minutes

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Thank you for sharing.

This will help me when I try to ell people that global warming is not man mad. It a tool people use to profit from.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wow that was fantastic. Some cosiderable reading in there to go through, but well worth it.

It's opened up my eyes again. And just when I thought I had it all worked out to.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Good bit of research there, well done

I've never believed man had anything to do with Climate Change anyway.

Still we should stop polluting our Oceans, who wants to live in a sewer.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
We have some new information about dramatic Climate Changes that have been happening on every planet, and even moons with an atmosphere in the Solar System.

This topic is very important because imo we(the people of Earth) should be preparing to adapt to the inescapable changes that will continue occurring in our planet.

First of all, I want to point out that my arguments have never been that the Sun is the only cause for the dramatic Climate Changes occurring not only on Earth but indeed on the other planets, and even moons with an atmosphere in our Solar System. There are other factors which have been changing the dynamics of our Solar System and has caused dramatic changes in our Sun, as well as Earth and other planets and moons with an atmosphere.

Venus’ Winds Are Mysteriously Speeding Up

by Jason Major on June 18,

High-altitude winds on neighboring Venus have long been known to be quite speedy, whipping sulfuric-acid-laden clouds around the superheated planet at speeds well over 300 km/h (180 mph). And after over six years collecting data from orbit, ESA’s Venus Express has found that the winds there are steadily getting faster… and scientists really don’t know why.

By tracking the movements of distinct features in Venus’ cloud tops at an altitude of 70 km (43 miles) over a period of six years — which is 10 of Venus’ years — scientists have been able to monitor patterns in long-term global wind speeds.

What two separate studies have found is a rising trend in high-altitude wind speeds in a broad swath south of Venus equator, from around 300 km/h when Venus Express first entered orbit in 2006 to 400 km/h (250 mph) in 2012. Thats nearly double the wind speeds found in a category 4 hurricane here on Earth!

www.universetoday.com...

Jupiter Photos Reveal Big Changes on Giant Planet

by SPACE.com Staff

Date: 17 October 2012 Time: 04:58 PM ET

Jupiter, the largest planet in our solar system, has made some dramatic transformations in recent years, a new study reveals.

Huge belts in the giant planet's atmosphere have changed color, radiation hotspots have faded and flared up again, and cloud levels have thickened and dissolved, all while space rocks have been hurtling into it the gas giant, astronomers said.

www.space.com...

BTW, the following part is also very telling.

"The changes we're seeing in Jupiter are global in scale," Glenn Orton, a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., said in a statement today (Oct. 17).
Orton and his team found that in 2011 the North Equatorial Belt grew whiter than it had in a century, though it started to darken again earlier this year. And along the southern edge of this belt, the team observed infrared hotspots (which signal radiation being released from a deep layer of Jupiter's atmosphere) vanished from 2010 to 2011, but remerged by June 2012. During this period, the researchers also observed thickening of the deeper cloud decks in the northern belt, the while both the deeper and upper cloud decks of the southern belt condensed and then cleared up.
"Other changes haven't been seen in decades, and some regions have never been in the state they're appearing in now. At the same time, we've never seen so many things striking Jupiter," he explained in a statement. "Right now, we're trying to figure out why this is all happening."

www.space.com...

So, we have been seeing GLOBAL dramatic CLIMATE CHANGES in several, if not all planets in the Solar System as well as moons with an atmosphere like Triton, at the same time that Earth has been experiencing similar problems.

Not only that, but we know as a fact that the most warming on Earth has been occurring FAR AWAY from major sources of anthropogenic CO2.

Over the past 30 years, the Earth has warmed by 0.6° C or 1.08° F. Over the past 100 years, it has warmed by 0.8° C or 1.44° F.

Current warmth seems to be occurring nearly everywhere at the same time and is largest at high latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere. Over the last 50 years, the largest annual and seasonal warmings have occurred in Alaska, Siberia and the Antarctic Peninsula. Most ocean areas have warmed. Because these areas are remote and far away from major cities, it is clear to climatologists that the warming is not due to the influence of pollution from urban areas.

www.nasa.gov...

I have to wonder why is it that some people to this day want to dismiss these other dramatic Climate Changes that are occurring in the other planets, and moons with an atmosphere in our Solar System.

edit on 21-6-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
We know for a fact that Pluto, which we now consider a dwarf planet, has been warming since at least 1998 as it was moving farther away from our Sun, and the warming has been increasing the farther away it got from our Sun which to me points to the changes occurring in Pluto, and most probably on the Sun and other planets, having a common source from outside our Solar System.

In other threads other members and myself have posted the fact that our Solar System has been moving into a new region of the Local Fluff. This region is entirely different from the one our Solar System has been in for at least thousands of years, if not longer.

Ribbon at Edge of Our Solar System: Will the Sun Enter a Million-Degree Cloud of Interstellar Gas?
ScienceDaily (May 24, 2010) — Is the Sun going to enter a million-degree galactic cloud of interstellar gas soon?

Scientists from the Space Research Centre of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Southwest Research Institute, and Boston University suggest that the ribbon of enhanced emissions of energetic neutral atoms, discovered last year by the NASA Small Explorer satellite IBEX, could be explained by a geometric effect coming up because of the approach of the Sun to the boundary between the Local Cloud of interstellar gas and another cloud of a very hot gas called the Local Bubble. If this hypothesis is correct, IBEX is catching matter from a hot neighboring interstellar cloud, which the Sun might enter in a hundred years.

www.sciencedaily.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63ffeeb144dd.jpg[/atsimg]

The Sun traveling through the Galaxy happens to cross at the present time a blob of gas about ten light-years across, with a temperature of 6-7 thousand degrees kelvin. This so-called Local Interstellar Cloud is immersed in a much larger expanse of a million-degree hot gas, named the Local Bubble. The energetic neutral atoms (ENA) are generated by charge exchange at the interface between the two gaseous media. ENA can be observed provided the Sun is close enough to the interface. The apparent Ribbon of ENA discovered by the IBEX satellite can be explained by a geometric effect: one observes many more ENA by looking along a line-of-sight almost tangent to the interface than by looking in the perpendicular direction. (Credit: SRC/Tentaris,ACh/Maciej Frolow)

www.sciencedaily.com...

The following is a research paper from 1996 on what some scientists thought our encounter with this new region of the Local Fluff could do to our planet.

Our solar system may be headed for an encounter with a dense cloud of interstellar matter
Our solar system may be headed for an encounter with a dense cloud of interstellar matter–gas and dust–that could have substantial implications for our solar systems interplanetary environment, according to University of Chicago astrophysicist Priscilla Frisch. The good news is that it probably won’t happen for 50,000 years. Frisch presented the results of her research Monday, June 10, at the meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Madison, Wisc.

Frisch has been investigating the interstellar gas in the local neighborhood of our solar system, which is called the Local Interstellar Medium (LISM). This interstellar gas is within 100 light years of the Sun. The Sun has a trajectory through space, and for most of the last five million years, said Frisch, it has been moving through a region of space between the spiral arms of the Milky Way galaxy that is almost devoid of matter. Only recently, within the last few thousand years, she estimates, the Sun has been traveling through a relatively low-density interstellar cloud.

This cloud, although low density on average, has a tremendous amount of structure to it,” Frisch said.And it is not inconsistent with our data that the Sun may eventually encounter a portion of the cloud that is a million times denser than what were in now.

Frisch believes the interstellar cloud through which we’re traveling is a relatively narrow band of dust and gas that lies in a superbubble shell expanding outward from an active star-formation region called the Scorpius-Centaurus Association. “When this superbubble expanded around these stars, it expanded much farther into the region of our galaxy between the spiral arms, where our sun lies, because the density is very low,” Frisch said. “It didn’t expand very far in the direction parallel to the spiral arms because it ran into very dense molecular clouds.”

www-news.uchicago.edu...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmo740

Thank you for sharing.

This will help me when I try to ell people that global warming is not man mad. It a tool people use to profit from.

What about the tool of false climate studies the oil companies use ?
That's protecting profit. Man made or not I sure hope people can see why renewable
clean energies are important. Or just keep on burning up dinosaurs, and make big oil
even bigger.
It's like, I built this car but it emits s***.
And I built this car and it emits nothing.
Let's definetely go with the car that s***'s on me.
edit on 21-6-2013 by sealing because: car story

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

How long may I ask have we been measuring weather and temperature on other planets. Is it long enough to get any credible data..?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Scientists were already speculating back in 1978 that our encounter with this new interstellar cloud/new region of the Local Fluff would cause dramatic Climate Changes on Earth, and of course other planets and moons with an atmosphere. But back then, and until recently, it was thought that the encounter of our Solar System with this interstellar cloud would take place around 10,000-50,000 years in the future. We now know that within the next 90 years we might be well within this different region of the Local FLuff.

Title:
Is the solar system entering a nearby interstellar cloud
Authors:
Vidal-Madjar, A.; Laurent, C.; Bruston, P.; Audouze, J.
Affiliation:
AA(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AB(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AC(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AD(Meudon Observatoire, Hauts-de-Seine; Paris XI, Universite, Orsay, Essonne, France)
Publication:
Astrophysical Journal, Part 1, vol. 223, July 15, 1978, p. 589-600. (ApJ Homepage)
Publication Date:
07/1978
Category:
Astrophysics
Origin:
STI
NASA/STI Keywords:
Abstract
Observational arguments in favor of such a cloud are presented, and implications of the presence of a nearby cloud are discussed, including possible changes in terrestrial climate. It is suggested that the postulated interstellar cloud should encounter the solar system at some unspecified time in the near future and might have a drastic influence on terrestrial climate in the next 10,000 years.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

We even have evidence that for a long time our Solar System has been encountering small portions of this different region of the Local Fluff, which in turn could very well be the cause to these changes our Solar System has been experiencing.

Around 2002-2003 NASA, and ESA announced that more interstellar dust was entering the Solar System, and they also stated that we would encounter denser, and denser clouds which would exponentially increase each year until 2012, when we would enter the densest part of the cloud.

ESA sees stardust storms heading for Solar System

PRESS RELEASE
Date Released: Monday, August 18, 2003
Source: Artemis Society

Until ten years ago, most astronomers did not believe stardust could enter our Solar System. Then ESA's Ulysses spaceprobe discovered minute stardust particles leaking through the Sun's magnetic shield, into the realm of Earth and the other planets. Now, the same spaceprobe has shown that a flood of dusty particles is heading our way.
What is surprising in this new Ulysses discovery is that the amount of stardust has continued to increase even after the solar activity calmed down and the magnetic field resumed its ordered shape in 2001.

Scientists believe that this is due to the way in which the polarity changed during solar maximum. Instead of reversing completely, flipping north to south, the Sun's magnetic poles have only rotated at halfway and are now more or less lying sideways along the Sun's equator. This weaker configuration of the magnetic shield is letting in two to three times more stardust than at the end of the 1990s. Moreover, this influx could increase by as much as ten times until the end of the current solar cycle in 2012.

www.spaceref.com...

We also found the following interesting fact, which I did predict some years before it was announced in these same forums.

Space radiation hits record high

Now, the influx of galactic cosmic rays into our solar system has reached a record high. Measurements by NASA's Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE) spacecraft indicate that cosmic rays are 19 per cent more abundant than any previous level seen since space flight began a half century ago."The space era has so far experienced a time of relatively low cosmic ray activity," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech, who is a member of the ACE team. "We may now be returning to levels typical of past centuries."

www.newscientist.com...

This energy has even warmed the Earth's atmosphere when the Sun's activity lowered to a crawl back in 2006-2009 or so.

Surprise In Earth's Upper Atmosphere: Mode Of Energy Transfer From The Solar Wind

www.sciencedaily.com
"Its like something else is heating the atmosphere besides the sun. This discovery is like finding it got hotter when the sun went down," said Larry Lyons, UCLA professor of atmospheric and oceanic sciences and a co-author of the research, which is in press in two companion papers in the Journal of Geophysical Research.

Further down on the article you can read the following

"We all have thought for our entire careers — I learned it as a graduate student — that this energy transfer rate is primarily controlled by the direction of the interplanetary magnetic field," Lyons said. "The closer to southward-pointing the magnetic field is, the stronger the energy transfer rate is, and the stronger the magnetic field is in that direction. If it is both southward and big, the energy transfer rate is even bigger."

However, Lyons, Kim and their colleagues analyzed radar data that measure the strength of the interaction by measuring flows in the ionosphere, the part of Earth's upper atmosphere ionized by solar radiation. The results surprised them.

"Any space physicist, including me, would have said a year ago there could not be substorms when the interplanetary magnetic field was staying northward, but that's wrong," Lyons said. "Generally, it's correct, but when you have a fluctuating interplanetary magnetic field, you can have substorms going off once per hour.

"Heejeong used detailed statistical analysis to prove this phenomenon is real. Convection in the magnetosphere and ionosphere can be strongly driven by these fluctuations, independent of the direction of the interplanetary magnetic field."

www.sciencedaily.com...

I posted much of this information before in 2010 in the following thread, also posting information on how apparently this interstellar cloud, or whatever is within it has been affecting every planet with an atmosphere in the Solar System.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The first time I posted the above information in these forums was back in 2006 in the following thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-6-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

How long may I ask have we been measuring weather and temperature on other planets. Is it long enough to get any credible data..?

Planets like Jupiter, and the changes occurring to them, have been observed for nearly 400 years. More modern technology, such as satellites, have been used in observing the changes in planets like Jupiter since 1975.

Then we have the fact that for example Pluto, a dwarf planet with a very thin atmosphere has been warming the farther away it went from the Sun since at least 1989. This planet doesn't have an atmosphere thick enough to be the cause of this warming, something else was making that change to this planet.

So tell me, you actually think that all these changes, in the form of warming, occurring in all these planets in the Solar System and even moons with an atmosphere are just mere coincidence?...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I noticed that in this thread in specific I didn't add some of the other planets and moons in our Solar System which have been undergoing dramatic Climate Changes in the form of warming, so here are some other examples.

MIT researcher finds evidence of global warming on Neptune's largest moon

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- We're not the only ones experiencing global warming. A Massachusetts Institute of Technology researcher has reported that observations obtained by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope and ground-based instruments reveal that Neptune's largest moon, Triton, seems to have heated up significantly since the Voyager space probe visited it in 1989. The warming trend is causing part of Triton's surface of frozen nitrogen to turn into gas, thus making its thin atmosphere denser.

While no one is likely to plan a summer vacation on Triton, this report in the June 25 issue of the journal Nature by MIT astronomer James L. Elliot and his colleagues from MIT, Lowell Observatory and Williams College says that the moon is approaching an unusually warm summer season that only happens once every few hundred years. Elliot and his colleagues believe that Triton's warming trend could be driven by seasonal changes in the absorption of solar energy by its polar ice caps.

web.mit.edu...

BTW, yes do notice that the scientists say that they BELIEVE these changes are occurring due to seasonal changes, but this is just an opinion, not to mention that the same thing is happening in the other planets and moons with an atmosphere how can all of these facts taken together be mere "coincidence"?...

Those people who BELIEVE in the AGW claim are basing their own assumptions on biased evidence, and even on lies and erroneous data but for some reason these same people want to dismiss the other WARMING and dramatic Climate Changes occurring on the rest of our Solar System.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Astronomers Observe Colossal Saturn Storm

July 6, 2011 4:14 PM

LOS ANGELES (AP) – It began as a bright white dot in Saturn’s northern hemisphere. Within days, the dot grew larger and stormier.

Soon the tempest enveloped the ringed planet, triggering lightning flashes thousands of times more intense than on Earth.

The international Cassini spacecraft and ground telescopes have been tracking the turbulence since last December, visible from Earth as a type of storm known as a “Great White Spot.”

“It’s still going like crazy,” said Cassini project scientist Linda Spilker of the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Such planet-wide weather disturbances are rare on Saturn, where the atmosphere is typically hazy and calm. Since 1876, astronomers have observed only five other mega-storms on Saturn.

sacramento.cbslocal.com...

Notice the above sentence which I put in bold and large letters resembles a similar argument the AGW camp use for claiming that the "rare" changes that Earth is undergoing now is proof that mankind is to blame for such changes. But how can mankind be responsible when similar, and even worse changes are happening all over our Solar System?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Other changes occurring to planet Earth include the weakening of the Earth's magnetic field, which in turn exacerbates these global changes, including Climate Change, on our home planet.

The Earth's magnetic field has been weakening since about 1840, and it has been fluctuating towards a weakening state in a way that hasn't occurred in tens of thousands of years.

Magnetic Field Weakening in Stages, Old Ships' Logs Suggest
John Roach
for National Geographic News

May 11, 2006

Earth's magnetic field is weakening in staggered steps, a new analysis of centuries-old ships logs suggests.

The finding could help scientists better understand the way Earth's magnetic poles reverse.

The planet's magnetic field flips—north becomes south and vice versa—on average every 300,000 years. However, the actual time between reversals varies widely.

The field last flipped about 800,000 years ago, according to the geologic record.

Since 1840, when accurate measures of the intensity were first made, the field strength has declined by about 5 percent per century.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Our home planet has also been experiencing lately very large breaches on it's magnetic field.

Biggest Breach of Earth's Solar Storm Shield Discovered

PRESS RELEASE
Date Released: Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Source: Goddard Space Flight Center

Earth's magnetic field, which shields our planet from particles streaming outward from the Sun, often develops two holes that allow the largest leaks, according to researchers sponsored by NASA and the National Science Foundation.

"The discovery overturns a long-standing belief about how and when most of the solar particles penetrate Earth's magnetic field, and could be used to predict when solar storms will be severe. Based on these results, we expect more severe storms during the upcoming solar cycle," said Vassilis Angelopoulos of the University of California, Los Angeles, Principal Investigator for NASA's THEMIS mission (Time History of Events and Macroscale Interactions during Substorms). THEMIS was used to discover the size of the leak.

Earth's magnetic field acts as a shield against the bombardment of particles continuously streaming from the sun. Because the solar particles (ions and electrons) are electrically charged, they feel magnetic forces and most are deflected by our planet's magnetic field. However, our magnetic field is a leaky shield and the number of particles breaching this shield depends on the orientation of the sun's magnetic field. It had been thought that when the sun's magnetic field is aligned with that of the Earth, the door is shut and that few if any solar particles enter Earth's magnetic shield. The door was thought to open up when the solar magnetic field direction points opposite to Earth's field, leading to more solar particles inside the shield.

www.spaceref.com...

We also know as a fact that there are other strange changes occurring in our Solar System, which would also in turn change the dynamics of each planet including their climates. Below I will include some of those changes.

Secular increase of the astronomical unit and perihelion precessions as tests of the Dvali–Gabadadze–Porrati multi-dimensional braneworld scenario
Lorenzo Iorio JCAP09(2005)006 doi: 10.1088/1475-7516/2005/09/006

Lorenzo Iorio
Viale Unità di Italia 68, 70125, Bari, Italy
E-mail: [email protected]

Abstract. An unexpected secular increase of the astronomical unit, the length scale of the Solar System, has recently been reported by three different research groups (Krasinsky and Brumberg, Pitjeva, Standish). The latest JPL measurements amount to 7 ± 2 m cy−1. At present, there are no explanations able to accommodate such an observed phenomenon, either in the realm of classical physics or in the usual four-dimensional framework of the Einsteinian general relativity. The Dvali–Gabadadze–Porrati braneworld scenario, which is a multi-dimensional model of gravity aimed at providing an explanation of the observed cosmic acceleration without dark energy, predicts, among other things, a perihelion secular shift, due to Lue and Starkman, of 5 × 10−4 arcsec cy−1 for all the planets of the Solar System. It yields a variation of about 6 m cy−1 for the Earth–Sun distance which is compatible with the observed rate of change for the astronomical unit. The recently measured corrections to the secular motions of the perihelia of the inner planets of the Solar System are in agreement with the predicted value of the Lue–Starkman effect for Mercury, Mars and, at a slightly worse level, the Earth.

www.iop.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

What about the tool of false climate studies the oil companies use ?
That's protecting profit. Man made or not I sure hope people can see why renewable
clean energies are important. Or just keep on burning up dinosaurs, and make big oil
even bigger.
It's like, I built this car but it emits s***.
And I built this car and it emits nothing.
Let's definetely go with the car that s***'s on me.
edit on 21-6-2013 by sealing because: car story

First of all, certain people will try to use anything, and everything under the Sun to try to make a profit and gain more power.

Second of all, even the oil industry has jumped in the bandwagon of the AGW camp and are using it now to make profits, and get new funding.

Third of all, AGW(Anthropogenic Global Warming) has become a multi-billion dollar industry that has made the rich richer, and they have a large section of the population believing in the fairy tale that "we can stop/mitigate the global Climate Changes occurring, but we(the elite) need more power and money)...

They have so many people believing in such fairy tales that many people want to give these elites even more power, and money to "combat Climate Change and for the benefit of everyone"... But what is in fact happening?... The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the elites have more and more control over our lives and everything in this planet...

Fourth of all, this thread is not about the merits of the different forms of energy that we should or should not use. Not to mention the fact that it has been proven, after decades of trying, that globally we still can't rely on these alternative/renewable forms of energy, and not to mention that many of the so called "clean energies" are not so clean; for example hybrid cars use lithium batteries, batteries that after being used are exponentially more toxic to the environment than our old technology, not to mention that in order to make these lithum batteries and "clean cars" we still must use oil to make them...

BTW, I am not saying that we shouldn't continue to try to find renewable sources of energy, or make them better. However that is not the topic of this thread.

edit on 21-6-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Back to the topic.

Remember that in the article about the recent measured dramatic Climate Changes in Jupiter they also mentioned that more meteors are striking Jupiter now than we have ever observed so far.

Let me quote again that part of the article.

"Other changes haven't been seen in decades, and some regions have never been in the state they're appearing in now. At the same time, we've never seen so many things striking Jupiter," he explained in a statement. "Right now, we're trying to figure out why this is all happening."

www.space.com...

Now let's see another interesting fact that scientists noticed.

8.2 Other anomalies?
There is one further observation which status is rather unclear bit which perhaps may fit into the other observations. This is the observation of the return time of comets: Comets usually come back a few days before they are expected when applying ordinary equations of motion. The delay usually is assigned to the outgassing of these objects. In fact, the delay is used for an estimate of the strength of this outgassing. On the other hand, it has been calculated in (44) that the assumption that starting with 20 AU there is an additional acceleration of the order of the Pioneer anomaly also leads to the effect that comets come back a few days earlier. It is not clear whether this is a serious indications but a further study of the trajectories of comets certainly is worthwhile.

arxiv.org...

And a very interesting part from the above research is the following.

The reason for this is totally unclear. One may speculate that an unknown gravitational field within the Solar system slightly redirects the incoming cosmic microwave radiation (in the similar way as a motion with a certain velocity with respect to the rest frame of the cosmological background redirects the cosmic background radiation and leads to modifications of the dipole and quadrupole parts). Such a redirection should be more pronounced for low–l components of the radiation. It should be possible to calculate the gravitational field needed for such a redirection and then to compare that with the observational data of the Solar system and the other observed anomalies.

arxiv.org...

So we know that our Solar System has been encountering parts of this different region of the Local Fluff.

We know that Earth, and the other planets and even moons with an atmosphere have also been experiencing strange changes in their climates.

We know there has been even an increase in space radiation, and an exponential increase in the amount of interstellar dust the Solar System has been experiencing, not to mention that there is an increase in the amount of meteors/meteorites entering the Solar System.

All of this is pointing out that our Solar System is indeed entering this new region of space which has more radiation, more interstellar dust and it's changing the dynamics of the ENTIRE Solar System, but for some reason for some people all of this could not possibly be the cause of the similar Climate Changes, as well as other physical changes occurring on Earth?...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join