It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel up to their old tricks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well well well, it seems that, as the title suggests, that Israel is up the their standard tricks again. As I was looking through the news online, I found this - www.news.com.au... - and that just made me laugh. Typical skullduggery on behalf of Israel.

But then it got me to thinking - is this the chance for the UN to actually DO something about Israel. And no, I don't mean blow-them-off-the-face-of-the-Earth type of something. I mean Sanctions-wise, is this the chance that the UN can knock Israel down a few pegs, to show them that they aren't as mighty as their Leaders think????

Thoughts???

Cheers, TT2

Just to add, if this has been posted already Mods, feel free to baleet it. Cheers.

Edit to add - I think I have put this in the wrong Section. If the Mods could please move this to Breaking News or whatever appropriate section, it would be much appreciated

[edit on 9-8-2010 by TerribleTeam2]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Israel is the anti-Christ at the macro level

God was misquoted when this place was called the promised land.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
did you mean t post this in the deepwater discussion forum?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Silly wabbit. The UN has no effect or influence on or control over Israel.

Oops...sorry...just wandered in to see if they chopped down another tree or something instead of moving a camera

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

Ah well, like in any court case or tribunal..You can only believe the word of ACTUAL witnesses..

If Israel will not let the actual soldiers that took part testify, then I guess the UN has no choice but to believe what the Floatilla people say...

Thats the way law works in the real world..

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Hahaha trust me mate, my sister worked for the UN for a decent amount of years, and I would tell her to her face that they are/were effectively a toothless tiger. Sure, the roar and growl is there, but at the end of the day, nothing will happen.

Just find it interesting to see what will actually come of this at the end of the day. My bet, which is paying about 6/4 on, is nothing. Because 1, it's Israel, and NOBODY would wanna criticise Israel, and 2, the UN is a joke IMO. Sure, the lower level staff are there trying to make a difference, but it's those at Management Level and above that counteract anything decent being done.

Some of the stories that I got off my sister about the UN are just mind-boggling. That and the fact the Israeli's were bugging her phone while she was working for them, whilst in Palestine.

But these stories are for a different day.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

This thread pretty much conveys two things:

- The UN is a joke
- Israel is bad ass

I agree with both.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

Israel bad ass???? Hahaha no. Completely self centred pricks???? Oh yes. And yes, the UN is a joke. Has been for years. But they still gotta keep people in jobs, right?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
reply to post by jitombe

Israel bad ass???? Hahaha no. Completely self centred pricks???? Oh yes. And yes, the UN is a joke. Has been for years. But they still gotta keep people in jobs, right?

Yes Israel is bad ass. Their religion has been around for 4,000 yrs (give or take) and they are still sticking to it - the whole "God's chosen people" thing. Over those 4K years, the "not chosen people" of this world have pretty much #*@* Jewish people in every way possible for one reason or other. They have their own country once again and really don't care what the rest of the world thinks of them. That is why they are bad ass.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

They have their own country once again and really don't care what the rest of the world thinks of them. That is why they are bad ass.

What you say is very true, Unfortunately that means any jew's in prominent positions in other countries............Are potential SPIES for Israel !!!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

If you think the Jewish religion of A.D. 2010 is remotely like the religion of 2,000 B.C, I'm afraid you're terribly deluded.

And as for being badasses, they sure don't seem to fare too well except when they're dropping bombs on villagers. They're badasses the same way Colombia is; bunch of right-wing hacks who think a high kill score wins. Hezbollah sent 'em packing from Lebanon. Twice. Hezbollah, bunch of bearded doofuses who shoot like Imperial Storm Troopers.

They don't care what the rest of the world thinks about them. Neither does North Korea. See how well that worked out for those guys?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by jitombe

If you think the Jewish religion of A.D. 2010 is remotely like the religion of 2,000 B.C, I'm afraid you're terribly deluded.

And as for being badasses, they sure don't seem to fare too well except when they're dropping bombs on villagers. They're badasses the same way Colombia is; bunch of right-wing hacks who think a high kill score wins. Hezbollah sent 'em packing from Lebanon. Twice. Hezbollah, bunch of bearded doofuses who shoot like Imperial Storm Troopers.

They don't care what the rest of the world thinks about them. Neither does North Korea. See how well that worked out for those guys?

It's been a few weeks since I checked out this thread, can't let it go based on your reply.

- No, I don't think the Jewish religion/people have changed much at all since 2,000 BC, their ideals and values are exactly the same, only now they have cable tv, cell phones, cars, etc but they are still sticking to the whole "God's chosen people" thing.
- They don't care who they drop bombs on today, why should they? After all, the non chosen people have been trying to kill them off for thousands of years. It's all about preservation of the Israeli state. Their king David was a kill first and figure it out later type of ruler and that mentality has not changed.
- Lastly, they are nothing like Colombia or North Korea. One way or other over thousands of years, Jews have figured out how to remain rich and hold positions of power as the rest of the world is trying to wipe out their people and that, once again is why Israel is bad ass.

I'm not sure why you brought up the Hezbollah thing, they don't matter. It's kinda like the poor Tibetan monks being killed by the Chinese govt, don't care. If I did care about stuff like that, I would be out there protesting that the U.S. should give back all the land they stole/conquered/bought from the Indians/Mexicans/British/French, etc. None of that will ever happen, my bad for going slightly off topic.

new topics

top topics

join