It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daddy's Girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"Amalia, please, THINK about this!! This is not your great grandfathers Army, you are enlisting to fight OFF PLANET! I know our earth has had its problems since that horrible nuclear war of the late 2010's, but it is 2106 now, I will never see you again!! I thought you had settled on diplomacy and greening as your focus."

"Father I know that is what you WISHED I would do, and I am enlisting to be a scientist on one of the watch vessels, in fact I will be stationed less than four months from Earth!"

"Oh they say that to all the recruits and once they have ya thats IT! Gordon's son left ten years ago, he got one strange video message and ZILCH since then!! I wont have that happen to my baby!! Go get the diplomat with minor in greening chip implanted and help on Earth. We need your type here, smart and female. That last flare up between Midonian and Barucha nearly decimated the world's population of women. You have not even bred your requisite four children yet!! Did the God Dang Military waive that for you? Clarita was denied entrance due to having only bred two replacements."

"Clarita was denied because she failed the entrance exam and yeah, you are right she only bred two offspring replacements, males. But as soon as she replaces a female she can begin her mission."

"I won't have it!! I already lost your mother to the war, please baby girl, dont leave your Father alone on this wretched planet. Im an old man."

Tears welled in his watery blue eyes, and slowly spilled down his cheeks. In anger he swiped the table and knocked things to the floor, then angrily turned the table on end.

"Well, you do what you need to do Amalia. You leave your father alone..."

"You have Cavin and Demetris."

"No! I do NOT! They dont give a rats patooyey about some old man, only my baby girl ever cared."

"Oh stop it Father! I am going on a five year jaunt, I am certain I spoke with Gordons son Jack and he told me he signed up for full career, which is forty years. No wonder he has not seen him. I was told in my unit we have access to all the communication equipment, and I will be able to speak to you all the time. In fact...."

She brought forth a cardbox box, and handed it to her father.

"Go ahead, open it, Old Man."

So he did, and what he found delighted him, in spite of his vow to be as cranky and angry as he could be.

"Is it really..."

"Yeah, Daddy, It really IS one of those TransReceivers you keep hearing about. Still classified, but all the family members of cadets in my unit receive one, so we can stay in touch. It is also preloaded with tons of information about our mission, live feeds to the battle, the ships themselves, and other interesting thigs, and best of all, you can watch intergalactic television on it."

His jaw dropped.

"Yes Daddy, who do you think we are at war with, ourselves? Their TV shows are way out there, so I suggest not watching them alone or too often. They are rather startling."

"Well ok then, I dont like it but this makes me feel better."

"Start with the introduction chip, daddy it will prepare you for what I am doing." She put her arms around the old man. "I need you to be proud of me daddy, and yes Father, they waived the children thing....."

"Why?"

"I am defective Daddy, I cannot bear children."

His frail shoulders sagged, and he broke off the hug.

"Guess Cavin and his worthless brother will have to find a suitable woman to breed with. Do you think Clarita..."

"Father I am sure she will, she really wants to get the female made so she can come on the mission with me. Let's invite her to my going away party."
Her father stared at the box, some man in s black suit (some things never changed) came to take his baby girl away, and while at the domicile, activated his transReceiver. In the weeks she had been gone he had implantred every single chip and downloaded all of the information the box contained. Amalia had sent one message, a rather short terse announcement of her cryosleep, and how she would contact in in exactly three months when she awoke in her home vessel. She did call him Daddy and she WAS smiling, but exhausted appearing. He had watched it a hundred times. Why oh WHY had she done this?

Cavin and Demetris were rarely by, and they were unsuccessful in breeding any females. If a female was traced to your dna, you received a bounty reward. Worthless BUMS! He himself was considering asking Clarita to allow him to try to make a female. But he knew it was the perverted dreams of an old lonely man.

He decided to watch the intergalactic tv.

Settling into the recliner, he implanted the receiver chip for the signal, and instantly knew he would never be the same. In fact, he rightly concluded he would not survive the night. it was a self destruct chip, and the old man did precisely that.

On the blimp, which floated safely above the wasteland of the earth, hundreds of females lay, chemically induced to slumber, suspended in the air on air beds, in various states of gestation. The sky was littered with these triangular blimps, each housing hundreds of gestating females. Male fetii were immediately terminated, and impregnation took place as soon as the fetus was cleared.

Once the females had replaced 100 females each, the body was terminated. It took the military, with their scientific advances, four days to grow a human in one of the cryogenically slumbering females. The average span of use for the gestating female.....maybe five months.

The males never had intercourse with the females, they were kept in small rooms like prison cells, and they too were cryogenically slumbering, with equipment collectiing their sperm. Once they quit producing, they were flushed, or exterminated.

In slot 123, Amalia lie, slumbering, unaware she had produced already sixteen females for her enslavers, time traveling humans from an apocalyptic future whose only choice for survival meant producing mass amounts of females to replenish the ones the war had wiped out.

They felt bad about the methods, but the earth rules on replacing four females per female did not work too well, because gestation was nine months, and since the nuclear war many women were sterile. The ones who were fertile were told by the dr they were infertile, and the dr quietly for a fee, contacted the military, who recruited the fertile young for the project.

Daddy had been right, he WOULD never see his baby girl again.

Not because he died himself, but because in less than a year his daughter would be flushed herself anyway.

But because of their forced sacrifice, humanity would NOT die out as it was doing in the future.

And that was a good thing, Right?

Right?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
this sounds twisted, i think you have "family issues" and need to see a therapist. there are other boards on the internet for this type discussion

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Who is the arthur of this short SF story. I've read stories in this genre before, and I can't place it. It reminds me of a species that is at the end of their rope, and are doing everything and anything they can to survive at the cost of their humanity.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
creative i had to stop reading though because it's not really a reality i see happening everybodys an alien or from the future on herr thats coo do ya thang pimp

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am the author of this story. I do not Plagiarize. But yes it is SciFi genre.

Thank you for the comments and for reading.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
this sounds twisted, i think you have "family issues" and need to see a therapist. there are other boards on the internet for this type discussion
I chose the correct board. It is scifi short fiction, and this is the proper place on the web for it.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecause
creative i had to stop reading though because it's not really a reality i see happening everybodys an alien or from the future on herr thats coo do ya thang pimp
I wrote another story here that was NOT about the future, you can access it through my siggie, it is called A Small Act of Kindness.

Thank you for looking, I appeciate it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I read and gave you a star for putting this out there. It takes a bit of courage to put your heart into somthing and then to hand it to the wolves.

If you are looking for constructive critisism, which I hope you are open to, there seems to be a bit of gender bias at play. The males characters are all absent, murdered, or emotionally weak. If you don't want to alienate a large chunk of readers it might be worthwhile to seek a bit more for guys to latch onto.

But that's just my thoughts!

Thanks for posting your story!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Well I am a female myself, maybe thats the reason,

I have stories with strong men characters, in fact I will whip one up tonight. Unfortunately I have insomnia tonight due to my poor sis forgetting to turn down her tv.

I write all my short stories in one sitting. This one was tonights offering. I am really getting into this short story writing, so the criticism is absolutley welcome!

Thank you for reading!

Jonny's Choice has a male lead character, and he is strong.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wow. That was great. Nice little twist near the end, where the females were actually being used for breeding and not out fighting a war. Very good story.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well done, Tater.., I enjoyed the story as well as the idea/ contradiction it betrays, that of the continuation of the human race at the cost of humanity. Reminiscent of "The Handmaiden's Tale", but original in its portrayal. With a little editing / cleaning up here and there, I'd submit it for publication to a Fantasy/SF type mag. Really, I think it has that much potential.

Don't pay attn to those 'tarded comments. Some people would rather talk than listen, rather type than read. They can't help they are poor-read.

Will read more of your stuff. You have a knack.

CDS

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by hotbakedtater

Dude that story was awesome. Its just as possible for this to be a future scenario as any.
I bet any one in the 1800's would have laughed at the thought of some of the events and situations we have now.
Write some more so I can read it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele
Well done, Tater.., I enjoyed the story as well as the idea/ contradiction it betrays, that of the continuation of the human race at the cost of humanity. Reminiscent of "The Handmaiden's Tale", but original in its portrayal. With a little editing / cleaning up here and there, I'd submit it for publication to a Fantasy/SF type mag. Really, I think it has that much potential.

Don't pay attn to those 'tarded comments. Some people would rather talk than listen, rather type than read. They can't help they are poor-read.

Will read more of your stuff. You have a knack.

CDS
I try to pay attention to all comments, even the negative ones. I don't really write anywhere but here and all feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for enjoying my story, I have several up and many more to come. If you don't mind, what part or parts of the story could be cleaned up, so to speak? And what are some popular sci fi mags of the moment? I will gogole it myself, of course, but your thoughts are appreciated.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontweallbleed
Reply to post by hotbakedtater

Dude that story was awesome. Its just as possible for this to be a future scenario as any.
I bet any one in the 1800's would have laughed at the thought of some of the events and situations we have now.
Write some more so I can read it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Thank you for reading, and I am a dudette for future reference,
!

I have several other stories up right now, if you want to read some more of my offerings.

join