It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Approaching. What the...Storm front caused a panic in the Hietaniemi beach.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Been awhile since I saw one of those "Nothings" (from the movie).

I've seen "blue northerns" roll into Texas like that but they were higher up in the atmosphere.

Absolutely amazing.

thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Whoa that was odd, pretty neat though good find.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
i have witnessed simiiar storm in Swanage, England in 1998.

first time i saw storm coming in 3 minutes and crashing rain and lightnings all over the place.

scared the sh*t out of me

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Daymn!

I certainly hope that thing is heading towards Russia and not Sweden.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This was the most intense thunderstorm i have experienced. It rolled in from the sea from south really fast. If the video had been longer there would have followed in a minute intense rain and thunder with no more than 1 sec between any strike.

However the wind was not that intense and 90% of the thunderbolts were in the cloud. A unusual storm for sure. But then again, the whole day was unusual, 32degrees hot and tropical humidity.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
hah I did notice the birds hauling a$$ !

I used to Live in Phoenix Az not only is it the kidnapping capital of the US but the lightening capital also

Wrong, Parts of Florida are the lightning capital IE: Triangle of the world. I know, I live in it. We see these storms often but most don't move that quick, some do and I have been out in the Gulf and had one come up that fast. Its pretty sobering when your 14 miles out and see a large fishing boat disappear in it miles away and then blam its right on top of you.

There is nothing like 12 foot seas in a 18 foot boat in a storm, praying that you can power over the next wave without breaking the boat on the other side of it. It took 4 hours to make it back in and we all kissed the ground when we did right at Hooters docks

Thanks to all the girls who warmed us up next to the fire pit.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is an impressive storm, the speed is unreal, looks very similer to storms we see up here in the midwest all the time, inregards to the speed of the storm and the formation itself, nothing unusual, but very interesting video. Ive also seen some posts how its unusual that there was a camera man standing right there for it, and some other unrealistic things. Its a thunderstorm, a hot and humid day, to have a severe storm form in mere minutes is not unusual at all givin the circumstances, i see it all the time, this is every week in a MN summer. Great Video though.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
hmm i really think this footage is made in blender or Cinema 4D or Maya, the reason is the birds just give it away little by flying directly towards the camera, and the camera is filmed with like a bubble view. i could be wrong but i really believe its made in Cinema 4D that software and Maya together is really amazing that could produce something like this

reminds me of end of days

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electric_Arc
reply to post by ShadowArcher

NOW I know how it feels when you have experienced something for sure and people rush yelling "FAKE!". And it feels funny as people are also gathering "evidences" why it's fake when it is not
Imagination seems to work in both ways....

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Electric_Arc]

I am neither rushing nor yelling. In the OP was a suggestion that it may not be real, even if it was only a figure of speech. That suggestion then made me look at it in a certain way and I could see a few points which could point towards it being fake. And I was 'gathering evidences' as to why it might be fake, and stated that from just one viewing of the video, I could believe either way.

People do make things like this using cgi as part of their portfolio or just for fun or to intentionally hoax, so it is not all that stupid to wonder. Since there are people who experienced this particular storm, that makes it far more likely that this really is just a stroke of luck, not fake. Not conclusive proof though, unless you were on that beach at that time.

This is pointless though, as it's pretty much a certainty that the video is real, and I was merely visiting the possibility suggeted in the OP.

It's very impressive - and the clouds look unnervingly low.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
iD4.............

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Cudos to the OP!! Mother Nature, is beautiful- and DANGEROUS!! I love it- a lightning storm approaches, and people are standing ON A BEACH, filming it- STILL STANDING-UP!!! LOL. Well, Darwin DOES work, given time.
As a pilot, I've seen MANY fast-approaching "fronts", it's intimidating, sometimes. Sometimes, I land quickly, and let it blow-by!! (Then again, I have been accused of having SOME good judgement!!).

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
hmm i really think this footage is made in blender or Cinema 4D or Maya, the reason is the birds just give it away little by flying directly towards the camera, and the camera is filmed with like a bubble view. i could be wrong but i really believe its made in Cinema 4D that software and Maya together is really amazing that could produce something like this

reminds me of end of days

Well do you expect the birds to fly into the storm? Of course they are going to fly in that direction. This is real as you can get. Did you not see the news site showing all the flattened trees? The chics were drunk and thats why they did what they did, if they were sober they wouldn't be laughing, they would have ran sooner. The one chic who ran first was making fun of the other smart people leaving.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1947flxible
This is an impressive storm, the speed is unreal, looks very similer to storms we see up here in the midwest all the time, inregards to the speed of the storm and the formation itself, nothing unusual, but very interesting video. Ive also seen some posts how its unusual that there was a camera man standing right there for it, and some other unrealistic things. Its a thunderstorm, a hot and humid day, to have a severe storm form in mere minutes is not unusual at all givin the circumstances, i see it all the time, this is every week in a MN summer. Great Video though.

The thing about this storm is that its very unusual here in Finland. From what one of my Finnish friends told me, this summers weather has been totally unreal. I remember last summer when temperatures never rose above 28 Celsius, and we even had couple weeks with -0...which makes me really wonder whats going on here in Finland, since we had record temperatures over 35 for over a month, plus very tropical like humidity and some crazy tropical like storms. Any other Finns in this forum might know what I'm talking about. Global warming anyone???

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Eastern Estonia a few days ago:

Some pictures if anyone's interested. Just klick on the picture to zoom and and switch to the next picture:
www.virumaateataja.ee...
www.virumaateataja.ee...
www.virumaateataja.ee...

A video:
www.virumaateataja.ee...

[edit on 10/8/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Move to Florida if you want to see this allot. 70 percent of the time we have slower moving ones ruin our afternoon out at the Islands. Cold ran sucks after being out in the sun all day drinking. Its always a mad dash to get the boats secure and nine times out of ten MR. Drunky or some newbie lets his boat get blown away or up on the beach.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Wow, great capture! The cloud bank appeared to be coming up out of the earth instead of down from the sky. Did anyone hear about the outcome of this storm, how bad was it?
It's a little meteorological secret. Weather comes from under ground.

I wish I could see this. Need a new computer...all I see is a black video, even at handicap settings.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Big Deal................I guess you have never been to the plains when a storm is coming in.

Yeah! but you have to understand one thing, this recent hot weather and weather phenomenon is not so common in the "more colder parts of planet Earth" - like Nordic Europe and in Scandinavia during summertime.

(Nordic people are more familiar with über intense & heavy snow-storms in the winter time and heavy winds and storms in the late autumn)

People in Nordic Europe know that something strange is going on with our weather system in this part of the world - this winter was record cold in many places, and now it's record hot!

So yes! maybe people in these Nordic parts of the world are experience this weather/climate change more intense than other people living more south towards the equator, where you don't have these drastic shifts in weather between summer and winter-time?

Very cool video, I would have loved to see a longer video of this event with the lightning and all - but I also understand that most of the sane people ran for cover away from the heavy rain!

S&F

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
DAM NATURE YOU SCARY

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
Just found the video on Youtube

I ain't afraid of much but that gave me shivers. I remember watching a similar storm front develop when I was young, seeing the same menacing dark cloud formations gave me the creeps lol

Nature is pretty terrifying at times...

Interesting why it's so low, I am not a weather expert but I am assuming there is some abnormal pressure involved causing the storm to develop so low to the ground?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
WOW! That was incredible! You could see at the end of it how big that storm was, too. We get some big ones here in Tornado Alley but I've never seen one move that fast. Reminded me of Independence Day or Close Encounters!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join