It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical: If Jesus and Buddha met each other

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
jesus is on the way to the dentist when he bumps in to none other than buddha...his next door neightbor.

Buddha: Sup Jesus.

Jesus: Sup Bhudda.

Buddha: where you headed?

Jesus: dentist...

Buddha: Really? Why?

Jesus: well...

Buddha: *waits patiently for jesus to continue*

Jesus: i wanna get my teeth whitened...theyve been looking a little...dull lately.

Buddha: oh?

Jesus: Yea.

Buddha: well...

Jesus: ?

Buddha: *sparks a joint that mysteriously appeared out of thin air* why dont you get them tanned?

Jesus: What? why would i get them tanned?

Buddha: you act like it makes a diffrence whether or not your teeth are white or tan. i mean...youre jesus!

Jesus: i mean...i guess...

Buddha: Joshua...look at me....*points to eyeballs* right here....

Jesus: ...

Buddha: did it matter whether i was fat or skinny?

Jesus: *looks at buddha...confused. then a chandelier lights up above his head.*

Bhudda: *smiles at jesus and passes him the joint* Exactly.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Reminds me of the movie, 'The Man From Earth.' A college professor reveals to a group of friends and colleagues that he's an immortal - having walked the earth since the last ice age.

He tells that he studied under the Buddha before moving on, living for a time in Jerusalem. There, he taught what he learned from the Buddha and the 'Christ' figure was built around him.

Great movie, if anybody hasn't seen it I recommend you check it out.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thank you for reminding me about that movie, I saw it a while ago and liked it but completely forgot what it was called, I want to see it again now.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I just finished watching it. Pretty neat. no flashbacks, all story and imagination.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

I would think they would smile at first then remember why it is that they and a few others are present in the same realm @ the same time. I would picture them both thru their times on continous journeys shedding their same energies from within. Basically keeping themselves occupied (THIS I WOULD ASSUME IS DURING THEIR SPIRITUAL AWAKENED SELVES ENTERING LIFE ASLEEP TO BE AWAKENED AGAIN IN LIFE FROM ENERGY UNBALANCE).

Anyway after that point I think they would shake hands like men of = balance would do and get to what must be done...

[edit on 8/11/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
What do you think would happen? What would they say to each other? Do you think they would go their own separate ways or combine as a team? What would they think of each other?
Thanks.

what if they can't?
maybe they are the same soul.

there used to be a statue somewhere in Vietnam, deep in the jungle, i think it was, of Jesus and the Buddha, holding hands.

after learning that and reading this book, i was inspired to write the following, appropriately titled "Jesus and the Buddha".

Jesus and the Buddha
Standing hand in hand
Both bringing rays of hope
To all foreign lands
Humbly teaching truth,
Charity, peace, and wisdom
Meant for each of us
No matter where we're from
So why can't the leaders
Of this confused world
See there is no need
For the stones that we all hurl?

and that's my answer to your compelling question.
thank you for asking.

peace and namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join