It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Israeli military drill as Nasrallah charges plot against Lebanese leaders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well right now is the prime opportunity. It is currently night time there and no moon tonight. Israel has also moved heavy artillery to its border with Syria and Lebanon. I think if they dont do it tonight it might not get done...not by Israel at least.

The US doesnt care if there is a new moon, full moon, no moon whatever.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Former CIA Officers Warn Obama on Possible Israeli Attack on Iran

In a memorandum addressed to Obama, members of the Veteran Professionals for Sanity (VPS) suggested the president to denounce publicly the attack and thus to avoid a war of unforeseeable consequences, according to Uruguayan newspaper La Republica.

The memorandum says Netanyahu is planning a surprise attack to force the United States to provide full support to its military campaign.

The warning is based on comments made by the current Zionist prime minister who noted that the US won’t get in their way and that his country counts on the support of eighty percent of Americans.

Israeli military authorities said they are analyzing a possible attack on Iran and that US and Israel’s war vessels, carrying nuclear weapons, are heading to the area.

The former CIA officers highlight they hope advisers have told Obama that Israel's primary concern is a regime change not Iranian nuclear weapons.

The document explains that Israel will likely trigger the attack before conversations between Iran and the international community resume in September, as scheduled.

en.wikipedia.org...

Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) is a group of current and former officials of the United States Intelligence Community, including some from the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the U.S. State Department's Intelligence Bureau, and the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). It was formed in January 2003 as a "coast-to-coast enterprise" to protest the use of faulty intelligence "upon which the US/UK invasion of Iraq was based."[1][2][3] The group issued a letter before the 2003 invasion of Iraq stating that intelligence analysts were not being listened to by policy makers. In August 2010 it issued a memorandum to the White House warning of an Israeli imminent attack on Iran.

Interesting, even if a bit strange....

On August 3, 2010, VIPS publicly released another "MEMORANDUM FOR: The President" warning the administration that their analysis suggests that Israel is likely to unilaterally attack Iran "as early as this month." It cited two reasons for this conclusion:

Firstly, Israel fears that western intelligence assessments over Iran's nuclear program will change soon and Israel will lose its "justification" for an attack. U.S. intelligence has been trying for some time to update the National Intelligence Estimate of November 2007 on Iran's nuclear program. It says that Tehran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 and as of mid 2007 has not restarted it. The group says Israel would like to strike soon, preemptively, before the new assessment reaffirms that Iran has not restarted its nuclear weapons program.

Secondly, with the recent announcement by the U.S. that talks will resume with Iran next month regarding Iran's controversial uranium enrichment program, the group tells Obama: "incentives build in Tel-Aviv for the Israelis to attack before any such agreement can be reached."[5]

The memorandum was also signed by the VIPS Steering Group including Ray Close, Philip Giraldi, Larry Johnson, W. Patrick Lang, Raymond McGovern, Coleen Rowley, and Ann Wright.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well well well... hopefully this is not it...

Israeli jets violate Lebanese airspace

The Lebanese Army says Israeli aircraft have violated the country's southern airspace for the second time in less than a week.

An Israeli reconnaissance plane conducted overflights over the southern city of Naqoura and the capital, Beirut, on Tuesday the Lebanese Army said in a statement.

The statement added that a second Israeli aircraft reportedly flew over southern Lebanon late Monday.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
I say NOW is perfect timing to take out Syria, Lebanon and Iran all in one swoop.

Let's hope Israel is just saying they are doing military exercises but in reality lining everything up to hit em hard.

Shalom!

I think you highly underestimate Iran's military prowess. Very Highly..

For example if we sent bombers into Iran right now this is what would happen.

Our bombers would enter Irani airspace and they would scramble migs and fire their surface to air missile systems. Anything short of stealth technology would be shot down. A ground strike would be just as ineffective. They have long range artillery and tank regiments not to mention trained soldiers adorned in Kevlar and a capability to call in mortar / air strikes. Iraq / Afghanistan had none of this. Don't make the mistake of comparing Iran to them.

With history as a guide and judging by their current military strength I am sure this will turn into the next Vietnam war. I'm sure you would agree that we cannot afford another war let alone a war the likes of Nam

[edit on 10-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sounds like Israel has been probing the airspace of Lebanon a lot here lately.

Only a few more hours of darkness left........

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I dont think the Iranian pilots and planes are SO good that if they fire their missiles that anything short of stealth on the US side would automatically get shot down. In fact i highly doubt it. US fighter jets have counter measures for those missiles.

In fact i would wager to bet that many of those tanks and SAM sites would already be destroyed in the first few hundred sorties that were flown by stealth bombers and cruise missiles before fighter pilots even ventured into their airspace.

Originally posted by DaMod

Originally posted by minkey53
I say NOW is perfect timing to take out Syria, Lebanon and Iran all in one swoop.

Let's hope Israel is just saying they are doing military exercises but in reality lining everything up to hit em hard.

Shalom!

I think you highly underestimate Iran's military prowess. Very Highly..

For example if we sent bombers into Iran right now this is what would happen.

Our bombers would enter Irani airspace and they would scramble migs and fire their surface to air missile systems. Anything short of stealth technology would be shot down. A ground strike would be just as ineffective. They have long range artillery and tank regiments not to mention trained soldiers adorned in Kevlar and a capability to call in mortar / air strikes. Iraq / Afghanistan had none of this. Don't make the mistake of comparing Iran to them.

With history as a guide and judging by their current military strength I am sure this will turn into the next Vietnam war. I'm sure you would agree that we cannot afford another war let alone a war the likes of Nam

[edit on 10-8-2010 by DaMod]

[edit on 10-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Will Israel really attack Iran within a year?

After interviewing dozens of Israeli, American and Arab officials, Atlantic Magazine correspondent concludes Israel may not even ask for American 'green light' to attack Iran nuclear sites.

Based on dozens of interviews the Atlantic correspondent conducted in recent months with Israeli, American and Arab officials, Goldberg came to the conclusion that the likelihood of an Israeli strike has crossed the 50 percent mark. And Israel might not even ask for the famous "green light" from the U.S. - or even give couple of false pre-attack alerts, so that Washington won't try to stop the unilateral operation.

A few sources indicating unilateral action by Israel looking more likelier than ever.... and some of the pieces seem to be there to signal it may happen fairly soon.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Israeli official sees Tel Aviv shelled in future war

Israel's most populated area, Tel Aviv, will be hit by rockets in any future war, a senior official said on Tuesday in rare remarks reflecting the limitations of U.S.-sponsored defences.

"In any future conflict, missiles will fall in the centre of the country, and the sooner we prepare in advance, the more lives we will save," a statement quoted Israeli Deputy Defence Minister Matan Vilnai as saying during a tour of emergency facilities in Herzliya, just up the coast from Tel Aviv.

Rare to see discussion of this kind.

link   
double post-sorry.

link   
Well tonight is their best opportunity with no moon. The reactor goes online in a few weeks so time is running out. Maybe the only reason why Israel wont do it tonight is because they think Iran is expecting it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

What if Iran knows that Israel knows that Iran expects it, and so Iran doesn't expect it to happen tonight, and so Israel goes ahead with it........... or israel leaves it until tomorrow or later.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What time is it in Israel now?

I'm seeing 1:16am at the moment. What point would they want to strike? The night is darkest before dawn, so the saying goes.

www.worldtimeserver.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I agree-the best time for them to strike would be right before dawn...that way it darkest then but also when the retaliation comes it wont be long until its light to be able to fight back.

Originally posted by Nomad451
What time is it in Israel now?

I'm seeing 1:16am at the moment. What point would they want to strike? The night is darkest before dawn, so the saying goes.

www.worldtimeserver.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Excellent point I didn't think about the retaliation side of things.

I think I better fill the car up with fuel on my way to work this morning... Just in case

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Not to mention if they bomb Iran... they have to leave Israel while it's dark...

From Israel to Bushehr... It's about 1500 km...

Probably takes between an hour and an hour and a half... depending on the altitude the aircraft would fly... and the aircraft used... and the payload...

Any air bombardment of Iran would be completed by Israeli submarines in the area.

Retaliation might even start before Israeli warplanes reach Iran... after all they've got radars...

And in that case, Israel could say that Syria/Hezbollah/Iran attacked them first...

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Is there any word on the Israel war games in the north? Have they wrapped up? Continuing into the night? Had they even started yet?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Israel’s pillars of Samson: not quite Armageddon but...

Israel has had ongoing access for decades to US nuclear codes and systems, and may well be able to override safeguards here to obtain command and control (and therefore targeting and launch capabilities) over at least US land-based strategic nuclear systems."

That may be the club Israel holds over US presidents, and it would certainly explain a host of otherwise inexplicable actions by them.

Hmm, now there's a conspiracy I haven't heard on ATS before.

If true, then Israel are the true masters of the US military industrial complex, and hold the US to ransom every single time they want something done.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Israel certainly see themselves holding the upper hand when it comes to this. Netenyahu was quoted as saying that the US can be moved and pushed easily into doing Israel's will

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

They are still going on and will be going on all wednesday... I don't know how long they last.

Dawn is about one hour away in Iran.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well I'm not going to hold my breath, as I have been through this before. I hope nothing happens, but I'm not going to let my guard down either...

It would pay to always be psychologically prepared to hear sudden and grave news

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join