It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Israeli military drill as Nasrallah charges plot against Lebanese leaders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yeah Nomad -i read that and you're right, thats probably the most damning evidence yet. Those guys are a bunch of ex-CIA so if anyone would know then they would.

If nothing happens this month then put me down as one who doesnt think it it will ever happen. I dont know, the conditions are just too ripe right now.

I also just posted a thread about the US and Russia in a "joint" anti terror airspace drill this week. Who do they think would be invading and why now?

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by princeofpeace

Its an interesting article from that guy for sure. The thing that raises more speculation is the VIPS memorandum to Obama, have you read that? (very credible)

The specifically mention the likelihood of an Israeli strike as early as this month and they list the reasons why.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Also, check this out, in the post by princeofpeace, he gives the link, well the guy the link is referring too.."Joel Rosenberg" has a blog, this is the link to the blog page, check out what Joel has to say in the second paragraph, about the tour to Israel they are organizing in 2011..... Guess they were warned not to go there in 2010.....

flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Who's to know if there will even be an Israel, or much left of, after a war with Iran.

They'll be getting hit from all sides I'd imagine.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Israel will get the big guns out before disappearing that's for sure.

You're more likely to see a mushroom cloud above Tehran and Damascus than seeing Israel disappear.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I remember the bluster and "Line in the Sand" and "the Mother of all Wars" talk from Saddam. If the Israeli military is really unleashed Iran will be a dust bowl.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Very true. What a world we will live in after that... It will be downhill from there.

Vitchillo you've obviously been following this Iran dilemma for a long time. Seriously, what do you think are the chances Israel are actually going to do it?

There are clearly a lot of things lined up in favor of an attack. Do you think we'll see it happen this year? I won't hold it against you if you say yes but were wrong believe me

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This thing has the potential to be such a mess, thats for sure. With the last 2 major wars in the region with Iraq it was pretty much Iraq and the US (or coalition-if u will). Yeah Iraq did lob some missiles at Israel in Gulf War 1 in hopes of drawing them in and totally muddying up the situation but it didnt work.

This is completely different. It is mainly between Iran and Israel and both are formidable and it isnt good any way you look at it. Especially when you consider that Hamas, Hezbo and Syria could get involved. That wouldnt have and did not happen with Iraq.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I know this, there are a myriad of reasons why Israel will attack in August and a big one is due to the no moon tomorrow night. If it doesnt happen then, keep an eye on things. As the days pass and nothing happens and the reactor goes online then we will know very shortly that an attack just wont happen-probably ever. I firmly believe its now or never.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
I say NOW is perfect timing to take out Syria, Lebanon and Iran all in one swoop.

Let's hope Israel is just saying they are doing military exercises but in reality lining everything up to hit em hard.

Shalom!

Yep, this looks like D-day for Israel tomorrow. They wouldn't be moving all that hardware for a sudden exercise. We have the U.K. moving out air assets as well and the U.S. has enough in the region already so the next thing I think we will see is a massive air strike on Iran followed by Lebanon, Syria and Gaza being hit really hard after the first rocket that comes over the border.

I think everyone should pray for peace tonight because this war will be like no other in history. Everyone will suffer from a regional war.

I will pray for Israel and that she be strong and persevere, for God is with you all the way. Go to the unwalled villages and station tanks around them IDF!!! Smash Gog's face in.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I think it will happen eventually. By overthrowing the regime like they did with Mossadeq or a full scale attack.

BTW, there confirmation from the JPost that the military exercise is in fact happening... now this gets me worrying.

IDF exercise involves hundreds of armored vehicles in North

I had hopes it would only be Debka BS once again... but it seems it's not.

The next 36 hours are crucial IMO.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

What's your gut feeling on these drills?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

I just don't feel it right now.

So I think no war for now, thank god.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The way i see it is this, If Israel attacks Iran it will find itself attacked by ALL its surrounding neighbours. If Israel goes nuclear and annihilates these Muslim countries, Then the jews of the world would become targets of retribution.

Not to mention how Russia and China would view this ?

But if the US attack, at least they would be able to keep it conventional.....By not fighting for their very existence !

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
We have seen (from Northampton in the UK) a HUGE amount of Military activity today.

This includes loads of tanks on the back of trucks, lots of Army Landrovers and other trucks, C130 Aircraft, 4 at a time as well as Harriers and Tornados streaking across at low level.

This has never happened before here and the aircraft / trucks were travelling West to East past us.

Something is in the air and my SBS Air Receiver (tracks aircraft in real time on your PC) has had loads of un-identified aircraft (i.e Military) on it today heading to our bases in the East of the UK.

Has anybody else noticed anything like this in the UK?

I NEED to know what's going on as this is very unusual here!

What did these "tanks" look like? Did they have long barrels or short barrels? As for the aircraft too, that is kind of unusual.. If they heading east as you say, they are probably heading to Norfolk or Suffolk, there are bases there I have done pre op exsersizes there myself however those hercules would not be involved.. This is an unusual movement.. Most pre op agfan is done in Sennybridge.. Hmmm,

As for the OP, I really hope your wrong, but I would not put anything past the Knesset at the moment.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
While I'm no military expert I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that UK military activity to be in connection with an impending strike on Iran.

I can't imagine why Israel would alert everyone of what they were about to do.. Maybe not even the President. But it is still something to be vigilant about, so keep your eyes open.

Vitchillo, you say that more news confirming the Israeli drills has you worried, then you immediately say you just don't feel it, so not worried about war?

Wishful thinking perhaps? I certainly don't blame you. But I wouldn't say trust your gut feeling on this, as a strike on Iran has never happened so who knows what kind of gut instinct to expect.

All I know is I have been led to believe on a number of occasions a strike might be imminent and had that heavy feeling in my gut, but nothing came from it. So who knows... I guess we'll find out in the coming hours if Israel want to take advantage of the new moon.

If they don't, there is still the warning from the VIPS personnel of a likely strike this month, for all the reasons stated. A lot could happen between now and then

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The danger zone is now, in my opinion. Summer is always a dangerous time for world peace, the long hot days together with various countries having their legislature going into recess, diplomats and government ministers going on holiday and there being national holidays...well, there's no beauracrats on hand at their posts to defuse tensions.

The 2006 Lebanon War, the 2008 South Ossetia War are just two examples of summer tensions boiling over and nobody to stop it or willing to stop it.

And what with recent events, and statements underlining my point coming out of the region, it's a tinderbox, and it's all lining up for war.

If war does not break out now, I think the situation at the moment suggests that it will take place not much later, depending on what happens to calm things down or flare up matters.

At the moment as things stand, I would go as far as to say when, not if, war will start.

The signs are quite honestly not encouraging.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm
The danger zone is now, in my opinion. Summer is always a dangerous time for world peace, the long hot days together with various countries having their legislature going into recess, diplomats and government ministers going on holiday and there being national holidays...well, there's no beauracrats on hand at their posts to defuse tensions.

The 2006 Lebanon War, the 2008 South Ossetia War are just two examples of summer tensions boiling over and nobody to stop it or willing to stop it.

And what with recent events, and statements underlining my point coming out of the region, it's a tinderbox, and it's all lining up for war.

If war does not break out now, I think the situation at the moment suggests that it will take place not much later, depending on what happens to calm things down or flare up matters.

At the moment as things stand, I would go as far as to say when, not if, war will start.

The signs are quite honestly not encouraging.

Could not agree with you more. Its become a game of "when" not "if".

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

It's because I see the events, and I know what it adds to, but I've seen it so many times before that I don't believe it will happen since all the previous times it didn't happen.

I've been watching this whole thing since 2006 almost daily and nothing ever came out of it.

4 years of watching events and expecting ``an imminent attack`` probably more than a dozen times... I can't trust anything.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I'm in the exact same boat man. So many times have I read articles and developments that led me to believe "I'm going to wake up in the morning to find an attack on Iran has taken place..."

But it was never to be. I still believe that there will be a war, it's just so hard to say when. Once again, this time round, I'm starting to think that maybe the VIPS are right, and maybe the "Cloudy August with a chance of mayhem" article is right, given the nuclear power plant development.

I'm pretty well on princeofpeace's page with this one though.. If Israel was serious about wanting to strike, and want nothing more, then this would be the opportune time. If they don't, I doubt they ever will

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Israel will get the big guns out before disappearing that's for sure.

You're more likely to see a mushroom cloud above Tehran and Damascus than seeing Israel disappear.

Dont be so sure......there are many possible side effects on attacking Iran.......

1) North Korea knows it has been labeled part of the axis of evil along with iraq and iran. If an attack on Iran takes place North Korea will view it as " we are next" and launch a full scale attack on south korea, japan and any other US allies/bases in the area. I think the US knows this and is why the carrier group is currently in the yellow sea, to keep North Korea and China in check.

2) All the arab nations launch a pre emptive strike against Israel with everything they got all at once.....you zionist on board ATS can say that israel will nuke them back, but the fact of the matter is, they wont stop every rocket/missile heading in their direction and they WILL sustain noticeable casualties

3) Israel attacks Iran, destroying multiple targets, killing all the russian scientists and chinese workers at the refineries that are there. China and Russia together send a message to the USA telling them that they will retaliate against Israel and if the US knows whats best, it will stay out of the way as they have no quarel with the US at the moment. This could result in multiple scenarios

I think the X-factor in all of this is two fold....obviously the unknown reaction by the russians and chinese but watch out for turkey...they are a very strong force in the middle east and the do hold many US nuclear weapons on their bases...how much access they have to actually using them i dont know. but being a NATO member if they get involved then all of NATO would get involved or have to under their charter....or else they may as well disolve NATO into the ZIONISTS and the EURO'S.

any scenario doesnt result in a positive way. i wonder how much this has to do with increasing the price of oil to help the US pay off its debt?

what a mess

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join