It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Gears to Bacteria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Coming of Age

It was the dusk on a summer solstice....

We laid on our backs on trampolines, as we stared into space fixated on the swirling constellations. We watched perplexed as the stars fell to the Earth. They sank deeper and deeper into the realms of our mind, we swore we were watching the atoms themselves. As the patterns drifted closer to our face our vision blurred and sounds deconstructed. The hazy pink ring of a horizon gave way to our twilight's dawn. It was here we took our plunge into the great big abyss in the sky. "We will never be the same." We chanted under our life's breath. We wanted to stay here forever...We needed to stay here forever. But right then we heard a voice say, "Justin, get up, it's time to go." I rose up like from a dream and stood upon the soles of my feet. "Yeah." I said smiling. "I will never be the same..."

Coming of Aged?

It was the twilight on a summer solstice.....

We formed a circle around malevolent trees. We watched the fire flies dance around like magical flame. The Earth gave birth to a most magnificent mountain, we swore we could climb it ourselves. Its jagged peak cut through the consensus of our notion. Like siamese twins now freed from our prison we fell to the ground to abhor our division. It was here that we took the great plunge into the abysmal mire. We recoiled in horror at the presence of our identity-killer. We hated being here. We no longer needed to be here. At long last drew close our spiritual epilogue. Soon dizziness was lost for our new found balance, fading in sounds of mischievous neighbors bouncing on trampolines....

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As everyone always says, when they are just to weirder out to be eloquent: "Wow just wow, just wow" -- I hate when people post that. But it seems appropriate here.

I think there is a full cosmos in this story. Sort of like looking at an atom, and determining the full nature of the universe, and then using all that to study anthropology (of all things.)

Kind of like that, IMO.

Excellent
I like the trampoline allusion. I totally get that.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Axial Leader

You are the only one the post so far, and yet how close you are to the truth of this story....actually there is 2 going on they took place about 12 years apart.
Its true I learned something and it made all the sense in the world, only to realize there was a lot more to it. I would find this out later on in life...you could say a spiritual birth, death , and then reborn all at once. thanks for the comments

join