It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fear of terrorists and 911.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
September 11, 2001. A HUGE turning point in American history. Or should we call it the "Day the America Died." Not the body, just the spirit. There has been a lot of talk on the media and here obviously of being "aware", to use a nice word, of what terrorists can and/or will do. The NY mosque lately. "This will be a recruitment center for terrorists", etc. AKA "Fear".

OK, 19 extremist Muslims apparently flew the planes in this terror attack. Let's not get into the debate as to what really happened, let's go with the official story for now. That happened NINE YEAR AGO. Has there been an attack on American soil since then? Why? Is the DHS actually a better way of handling threats? Can the extremist actually pull another of these attacks off?

It's been nine years since 911. Why is the fear still there? Who is propagating it? If you look at the media you will see, it's obvious. The PTB and the media itself. Working hand in hand for a better America.
Anything that is wrong these days is labeled some form of terrorism EXCEPT the one thing that really is.

Home grown terrorist isn't explicitly someone born here. I say that today's terrorist are your politicians, corporations and the media. Terrorism is the spreading of fear to accomplish a goal. Well if it's been nine years and the only ones still spreading fear are the ones I have just noted. Why?

To keep people concerned enough to allow the gov't to do pretty much what it wants in the name of National Security. To feed the corporations, who are actually in charge, with YOUR tax dollars. With the media more than willing to be the mouthpiece of this.

Also to divide people and obfuscate the REAL issues, like in the NY mosque incident. The local gov't OK'd the mosque. The media gets bent out of shape and in turn spreads this fear to the listeners/readers and we're discussing a non-issue as opposed to why billions are still being spent on wars overseas. The corporations don't want you to be thinking of their "cash cow".

Nine years people. When are the people going to realize that today's terrorists are people that represent you. The corporations that you purchase off of, either directly or through your tax money and the people you listen to on the TV, radio and print. THOSE ARE TODAY'S TERRORIST!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think the fear of terrorist has been replaced with the fear of illegals.

Either way, both are being used to scare people into more security and divert attention from issues that are not being addressed.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yeah...it's made a lot of people a little crazy and some a lot crazy it seems, making some willing to support things that go against the values and principles they once claimed they held so dear, things they never would have supported before that day. Tests of character are like that.

Pity some can't see what's happened and is still happening. Guess there's too much bickering to do over someone's vacation to Spain or something. Fear is a powerful thing and a powerful tool too.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The real architect of the doctrine of "The War on Terror" was actually first coined in a book by none other than Mr. Zionstic, Benjamin Netanyahu, way back in 95. Here is a link to the book, entitled, "Fighting Terrorism:How Democracies Can Defeat Domestic and International Terrorists" at Amazon.

www.amazon.com...=lib_dp_TFCV/002-2619415-3944066#reader-link

One only needs to look at those involved with the infrastructure leading up to 9/11, such as Silverstein, Lowry and their ties back to Israel to see what was going on.

As far as the media promoting the fear of terrorists concept still....simply look at who owns/controls the media ....

'Nuff Said.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I think the fear of terrorist has been replaced with the fear of illegals.

Either way, both are being used to scare people into more security and divert attention from issues that are not being addressed.

I totally agree. Whatever divides people and diverts them away from what really matters. II protests. The NY mosque protests. Where's the huge protests or walks on Congress to get the troops home? Oops, forgot, gotta go after those terrorists.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Yeah...it's made a lot of people a little crazy and some a lot crazy it seems, making some willing to support things that go against the values and principles they once claimed they held so dear, things they never would have supported before that day.

One of my favorite quotes...

"Principles only mean something if you stick by them when they are inconvenient"

No one...no terrorist or enemy can ever destroy America because we are founded on ideas and principles, that is why our grandparents or great grandparents came here....and in that regard only "we" can destroy America.

Benjamin Franklin was a prophet in this regard..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power."

I often wonder what did the greater damage to this country and cost the most lives, the actual towers falling, or the consequences of every decision we made following that day.

I wonder too if that was the terrorists intent...The whole point of it?
Instill the fear and watch us canabalize the very principles that make us great. Drive us to strike with blind rage out into the world dramatically lessening our allies and supporters. Encourage us to destroy ourselves?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
I wonder too if that was the terrorists intent...The whole point of it?
Instill the fear and watch us canabalize the very principles that make us great. Drive us to strike with blind rage out into the world dramatically lessening our allies and supporters. Encourage us to destroy ourselves?

Beautiful post man. I don't think that the terrorists could have predicted what has happened. Sure, they expected a response but I don't think they could have foreseen that the gov't would pick up this ball and run with it, ON HOME TURF!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
can anyone help me...i am trying to remember what the site was....it was a long video of...religion, 9/11 and world bank....i cant recall what the link was...any help is appr... baadbrad69 at yahoo....thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i dont like terrorists or illegals guess that makes me double crazy

maybe the only fear here is all you pro terrorists pro illegal people....

maybe your scerred you dont wanna feel their wrath

maybe you dont wanna get labeled with every "racist" label in the book.

since they both do break the law and have all you defeding and apologizing for them..

maybe its time for someone to start speaking for the dead since they cant

since im the most ignorant stupid person on this site as has been said by others so often

guess i just dont get it.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Yep. I think it's pretty obvious where my vote lies. Sometimes I even go so far as to say the terrorists won that day. Doesn't make me very popular, but that's how I see it when I look around and survey the damage that's been done and is still being done.

Here's a great thread about fear from IgnoranceIsntBliss.

I also attempted a thread on some aspects of terrorism and fear (Terrorism: If you are not terrorized, it doesn't work. ). Here's a quote from that thread as it pertains how people use our fear.

John Adams said in his book Thoughts on Government, published around 1776:

Fear is the foundation of most governments; but it is so sordid and brutal a passion, and renders men in whose breasts it predominates so stupid and miserable, that Americans will not be likely to approve of any political institution which is founded on it.

He also said that political leaders have an inherent interest in maximizing fear levels because that is what maximizes their power. I think there is a strong case that can be made that there are those who intentionally keep us fearful and paralyzed, politicians with the complicit media and even the snowballing effect of people who continue to be fearful...of terrorism...or crime...of war...of Islam...of losing their jobs...of the economy.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think this terrorist might have predicted it quite well, actually?

If the Americans do not respond, then their fate will be that of the Soviets who fled from Afghanistan to deal with their military defeat, political breakup, ideological downfall, and economic bankruptcy. Source

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY
(listing as its first definition of “terrorism”: “Government by intimidation.

Kind of makes you wonder, right ?

top topics

join