It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i'm growing two trees (literally)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i found these two seedlings last year in my yard and usually i kill whatever doesnt belong in my yard but i decided to do something i always wanted to do, grow a tree. they are both maples but are not the same kind of maple. i havent looked into what they are and i havent looked into my books on trees to find out. at the end of last year during fall they were about a 1 foot tall, maybe a little less. one of them is now 2 feet tall, maybe more and the other is right at 2 feet tall.

i'm growing them in pots. i had them in medium sized terra cotta pots last year but now i have them in big plastic pots that hold about 1.25 cubic feet of soil so they'll be able to grow for awhile. i transplanted them maybe two weeks ago and they took off like rockets, growing really fast, i tink the smaller pots hinder their groth rate and the new soil has a TON of nutrients in it so i'm sure thats helping. we've had lots of rain this spring/summer so condition are good for them to hit maybe 3 feet tall by the end of the year.

plants are nice but trees....they're there long after you're not. i'm hoping to plant them somewhere in a forest or out in the country in the next year or two.

i love nature and this is my way of giving a little back to it.

i'd much prefer an oak and i'm looking into getting some acorns from the tree thats in the front yard of the house i grew up in and starting a tree from one of them.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Nice one!

I planted a monkey-puzzle when I was seven. It's as tall as a house now. I love trees. There are large, hilly woods near my house, I spend loads of time walking there.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
thanks! i might get some pictures and upload them some time in the future. i know "They're just trees" but its like a child, you raise it, nuture it and watch it grow.

i love nature and i feel proud of what i'm doing, they're just two trees but i might do more trees in the future and plant all kinds of trees. every little counts and helps right?

nevermind! i found out about that tree. nice tree!

i want to grow a ginko tree...but people hate them because of the smell but i love that tree.

[Edited on 18-6-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

join