It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mekong River / Catfish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
www.vimeo.com...

Seems like seafood has less and less appeal nowdays. Marine life is in peril with no relief from pollution and contamination.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
S&F thanks for posting! Boy, this is disgusting, can you imagine what eating these fish would do to you. No wonder people are dying from all kinds of diseases now days.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
S&F thanks for posting! Boy, this is disgusting, can you imagine what eating these fish would do to you. No wonder people are dying from all kinds of diseases now days.

I used to be a frequent seafood eater.... Sushi has given me a good reason to pause and think twice.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

A good idea to read the labels and find
where the fish you're about to eat came from!

link   
this is why i only eat fish i catch ,and most of the time its from the ocean

ty for your post

S&F

link   
I couldn't watch the whole vid.

You do know that much of the fish at your Supermarket comes from China don't you?

link   

Yeah, I love my seafood too, especially shrimp. Lately however I have seen a number of videos with this information, so I have decided not to buy anything from the local 'ethnic' store here anymore.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Even though it is polluted it still has this incredible phenomena...Mekong Fireballs, that happens once a year. Some people call this "swamp gas" and maybe it is because the river is so polluted.

Still shots here are from this award winning video...Mekong Full Moon Party
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Catfish is my all time favorite fish. I love to catch, cook and eat them.

Catch: These fish are very fun to catch with a fishing pole. They love to put up a good fight and can be tricky to hook and reel in. In most places, though you have to have a fishing license, you do not have a limit on catfish so you can catch and keep all you want!

Cook: There are tons of ways to cook catfish. My favorite is fried, Cajun style with a tasty spicy batter made from scratch.

Eat: Yummy in my tummy !

Catfish are bottom feeders. They are scavengers.. they will eat anything. But the fishes body filters out all the normal nasty stuff so if you know how to clean them well, you are left with sweet clean meat.

Now, since I catch my own or buy locally (Louisiana) I don't need to worry about these contaminated fish. But it is a real crime to see this happening to such a nice fishy and the people who eat them. Check your labels carefully. I do not see how the FDA can allow these imports. That's the real crime here.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

top topics

join