It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck compares Obama's America to "Planet of the Apes"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

yeah and brigham wrote that back when there was still segregation too. all of us here are a different generation. in fact, several generations removed from brigham and segregation and slavery.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Here is a comment from that article.

Indeed a good article. However, if you were a American journalist, we would have to call you a racist.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Beck has gone so far to the right that he is in a place where only white Mormons can exist and the only written words and texts beyond the sacred book of Mormon that can be trusted are those that he himself writes on his chalkboards.

Beck is no longer just a political news entertainer, he is now a divine prophet.

He and Osama Bin Laden have more in common now than ever before.

There is a bright side, ultimately Beck will be the downfall of Fox News, unless they wise up and get rid of him.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

yeah and brigham wrote that back when there was still segregation too. all of us here are a different generation. in fact, several generations removed from brigham and segregation and slavery.

Uh huh, riiiight!

401 children taken in raid of Texas polygamist compound

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

yep there are different sects of mormonism. i lived in utah for 10 years, so i know a bit about them. made an effort to find out since they kept coming to visit me. this is how it worked.

when joseph smith died, there was a schism in the church over who should be the new president of the church. some felt it should be by blood, meaning his son, joseph smith jr should lead it. some felt it should be by next in the line of the church hierarchy. brigham young was the next in line. the people who followed brigham young, became the main branch of mormonism. the ones that followed joseph smith jr stayed with the core teachings of joseph (polygamy, no blacks in priesthood), even after the main sect under brigham, who had since died and been replaced by new presidents in the same main sect, had made concessions after the president had received a prophetical message to stop both the practice of polygamy and the banning of blacks from the priesthood.

i'm guessing that beck is a mainstream mormon, a brigham young mormon, in other words. the name of the mainstream church is THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS. whereas the one you refer to, is probably THE REORGANIZED CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST.

maybe there's a mormon around that can clarify any mistakes i might have made in the info.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
oh and their teachings are a blend of paganism and christianity. just thought i'd mention that . they believe the current bible was tampered with heavily by the roman catholic church and that originally, the ancient hebrews were pagans of a sort, so they have their own book called the book of mormon and some extra books like the pearl of great price, doctrines and covenants.

the book of mormon was supposedly given to joseph smith by an angel, who told him where to find the gold tablets it was written on ,which were supposedly buried in a hill somewhere in the usa. i forget where. they believe men and women become gods and goddesses, and believe in pretty much the same things as most pagan and mystery religions, such as the teachings regarding the planets and stars, magic and so forth. however, they do maintain the standard roman catholic holidays (christmas, easter, yada yada).

[edit on 10-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by thepixelpusher

For those of you that think I'm over reacting, I'd only ask you to live as a black person for awhile and see the bigotry and hate that still manifests itself in America against blacks. Read over some of the posts here on ATS and you'll see that a good number of people think of Obama and his wife as some kind of sub-humans.

I understand what you are saying, and yes I have seen that sentiment here on ATS very flimsily concealed, not only with the Obama's, but with illegal immigrants as well. It's my opinion that more than a couple posters on here probably have accounts over at stormfront. Of course these are the same posters that pretend to be all hurt if anyone confronts them about their thinly veiled bigotry and racism.

On the other hand, try living as a white person in Detroit for a while and you will get the other side of that same racist coin. Racism isn't just a one way street, hell, it's a network of avenues, streets, boulevards, cul-de-sacs, and alleys.

As far as the clip goes, I can't agree with the OP on this one, I think it was more along the lines of that BECK thinks that America has gone insane and nothing makes sense anymore. But in my opinion, it's just a symptom of his syphilitic mind! (thank you Jon Stewart)

Absolutely. The problem is that racism is being cultivated on both sides. People are degenerating their arguments to the emotional knee-jerk level and getting little accomplished.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I have been working in places over the years where this character has been blasted loud all hours of the morning (especially when "O" got elected.) And from what I pick up he @ times has covered topics that needed discussed. But his overall rantz seem racially based. To me he seems like one of those kind of people who is some what racist but at the same time LOVES woman of a different race on the down low (you know like old haten slave masters who in the public eye couldnt stand a colored but behind closed doors couldnt wait for wifey to go to sleep so they could hit the barns up for some of that good good just to have babies lookin like them and deny them like it wasnt me mayne, SMH @ THE FUGGERY
... Um just sayen and to call the nation now planet of the apes FOR WHATEVER REASON, man the KONGZ GONNA NOT LIKE HIS ARS...LMAO @ KING MAMMILIANS GIANTS

K slips out as quick as I slipped in the glen beck thread for his goons come in attempting to save his weak political racial views, knowing he love him some Snoop dogg lol...

PS. LADIES I DONT DISCRIMINATE YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL TO ME SHEEEEEEEEEEEIII###

[edit on 8/10/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

i'm not his goon. i just know alot about mormonism and am just as disconcerted that he chose that analogy for his example, as the rest of you. was poorly chosen, indeed. i agree with him that the usa is in TROUBLE, though.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Its cool friend the us as well as the entire world is in trouble THE WHOLE WORLD 1 cannot just have tunnel vision as beck has and not acknowledge the WORLD IS IN TROUBLE. He just feelin it more now because its made its way over here KARMA THAT IS... And I have studied the mormons as well.

[edit on 8/10/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

oh hell no. karma been visitin' the usa since it was created. people been poor here for 200 + years. and all races too. the only difference between the usa and places like ethiopia is, we tried to establish programs so the poor could eat, and i think some of those places in africa, the money goes to the drug lords and gang bangers instead.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I despise Beck. However, what he said was not racist.

Sure, he could have said he felt like he flew through a wormhole into an alternate reality...and that may have been more PC. BUT, Beck knows the audience he is pandering to AND how they would interpret it.

ETA: I would like Beck to explain exactly how this is like planet of the apes...some comparisons please.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It's racist. Beck does it often and in that context, it is was a carefully thought out statement with him well aware of the controversial nature. Nothing new...

Fox News has a long history of using racism to stoke resentment among whites. But the strategy is pretty thin. They’ve got a few moves and simply reiterate them daily.

Black folks are coming to get you White America: This strategy was most recently used with the New Black Panther Party story. Here, Fox drags out footage of some black nationalist types saying they want to kill white babies, then it indicts the current U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, a black man, for not protecting “white rights.” But the racist rant occurred during the 2008 presidential election before Holder was ever appointed to the Department of Justice and before President Obama was ever in office.

Blacks are racist: Another Fox strategy is to cherry-pick stories to methodically create a narrative that black people are racist. This was recently used in the Shirley Sherrod story. This further fuels the “they are coming to get you” narrative, but it also provides cover for white racism. It’s like don’t feel bad if you don’t like black people because they don’t like you either. And in the end, it is going to come down to you or them.

Using blacks on the attack: If you ever see a black person interviewed on Fox News, they are either being attacked or being used to attack a black person in power. Also note this, if you ever hear about a report of a crime, check how often they show the mugshot of the criminal. You might notice the mugshots are shown almost always when the perpetrator is black. Now, this little trick the “news agency” is damn near pathological about.

A few other racist themes Fox News uses: Blacks are violent, Blacks are cry babies, Blacks are lazy and don’t want to work. It’s the same tactic that Fox News Founder and President Roger Ailes used as a political consultant. Ailes, of course, invented the Willie Horton narrative that gave George Bush Sr. the win over Michael Dukakis back in the 1980s.

Now as the head of a major news network, the guy seems even more dangerous. He uses his podium daily to stoke racism and resentment. Every stereotype we grew up with, every stereotype you thought you had overcome with your own achievements, this news agency deliberately and methodically tries to revive.

blogs.alternet.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

oh hell no. karma been visitin' the usa since it was created. people been poor here for 200 + years. and all races too. the only difference between the usa and places like ethiopia is, we tried to establish programs so the poor could eat, and i think some of those places in africa, the money goes to the drug lords and gang bangers instead.

Hell!!! yes, KARMA attributed to destruction methods of play.. Like the creation of atomics after capturing german defects and then incorporating this evil technology into the war weapons of a FREE DEM. NATION that karma . Not speaking of what you speak.. Karma related to destruction methods. Yes poor and rich global but the NATION IN WHICH I WAS PLACED the UNITED STATES OF AMERICANAZ I being here must except the flaws that have been distributed globally from here or I wouldnt be real. So.. backs to KARMA Russia got it too China too UK too basically all the nations got it the people who dont are 3rd worlders. K so dont act like oh he hates the US OR ANY OTHER NATION I DISLIKE THE EVIL ABROAD WITHIN ALL THESE NATIONS YES YES THAT CAUSES HUMANITY TO FAIL AND NOT ADVANCE... I am in the americanaz for a reason my spirit was guided here

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

well i have a wee little theory about the atomics. ya see, i think the guys at the tippety top of the nations of the world, are all in cahoots with each other and the leader of japan agreed to have his own people nuked, in exchange for data on the results, technology, stock options, and repair of the damage. i think saddam is on a tropical island somewhere with osama bin laden, sipping frozen dacquiris out of stemmed goblets with little paper umbrellas, and hitler, stalin, and the rest of the gang, all coordinated their activities together as well. yep, that's me theory.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

well i have a wee little theory about the atomics. ya see, i think the guys at the tippety top of the nations of the world, are all in cahoots with each other and the leader of japan agreed to have his own people nuked, in exchange for data on the results, technology, stock options, and repair of the damage. i think saddam is on a tropical island somewhere with osama bin laden, sipping frozen dacquiris out of stemmed goblets with little paper umbrellas, and hitler, stalin, and the rest of the gang, all coordinated their activities together as well. yep, that's me theory.

Which basically says that the humble below these tops are not seeing the real and are being mentally guided to hate each other and to kill each other. Basically doing the deeds of evil above them and causing the evil to come back on people located within these areas of gov (for it is the chlidren of these nations sent to death NO?) Now Japan lost navy and became lil dudes to the US after that so I doubt that ws perposful move they already had atomic intelligence HENCE KARMA SMELLED THEM. Sadam and bingy are hell bound, hitler and stalin are in deep space lol and yes they are all SATANs. You forgot some but I guess it helps you to do your evaluation by leaving some main 1z out lmao @ psycoanalyzation of posters JUST ASK
I rep the LAMB reguardless of your location within this Universe of tinyness its getting SMALLER

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

oh you mean the queen of england and other european royals and the pres of the usa? it was obvious i was talking about the usa when i talked about the atomics reference you made but i will add the europeans in there. i just read recently about how the prince or king or whatever he is of lichenstein (can't remember how it's spelled) just married his cousin. if we did that in the usa, our doctors would have our heads examined to see if we were suffering from incest or something

royalty and rulers of nations are not operating on the same wavelength as the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It seems to me that those who run around calling everyone "Racists" all the time, are in fact the "Racists" they talk about. If the first place your mind goes is to Race you might want to turn the camera inwards to see why.

Then there are those who are just robots repeating Party talking points. You know, the real Sheep. They don't even care if what they are saying is true. They just do as they are told.

I'm neutral on Beck, but this Race Baiting is beyond old. Those still doing it are so transparent you would think at some point, they would become to embarrassed to keep it up any longer.

The Race Card has played out and those still using it are clearly the ones with the Race problem and I think most of us have seen that by now. We are even seeing White people who hate White people, just for being White. What next Race reassignment surgery at your local Plastic Surgeons office?

Is Obama and the DNC so scared of this Commentator, they are willing to stoop to this level on a daily basis to defend against him? Why are they so scared of him? Perhaps I should watch him more often and find out. Only the truth would scare them this much.

I see Media Matters got caught in a lie about two of his Staff and had to admit to it just this morning or yesterday I think. The old trick of do the damage and quietly retract the lie after the damage is done trick.

Becks people get the Sherrod treatment.

CORRECTION: The original headline on this clip did not make clear that Beck’s co-hosts were being satirical when they linked MSNBC host Keith Olbermann to the Manchester shooting. The original clip also did not include their subsequent statements that Olbermann was not responsible for the shooting. Media Matters regrets the error.

No doubt the Media Matters crowd will ignore the correction.

When will people learn the real conspiracy is those who are blindly loyal to their Political Party, Right or Left and that they are being used? Never is my guess. Too easy to let others do their thinking for them.

Keep playing the Race Card folks and keep exposing yourselves for being the real Racists in this story. Most of the country has seen through this and those still playing the game just look like fools. This country elected a Black President and you did not even notice it. Racist countries don't elect people of color President. The truth is so simple a child could understand it, but not the geniuses who run the joint.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I guess I just don’t see a correlation between monkeys and race. We are all primates. All humans originated as lower primates. Why is comparing anyone to a monkey specifically attacking black people? Is there a historical reference for that supposed racism? Can anyone site a book or historical event or anything where blacks were referred to as monkeys such that it has a basis of racism?

Does everyone think of black people when they hear the word monkey? Am I supposed to think of that immediately?

In the movie planet of the apes, the apes were in charge. They held all of the power positions, they were well educated, wore nice clothing, and all spoke perfect English.
So if indeed GB was referring to the monkeys in Planet of the Apes as being analogous to black people, then it would be saying that black people are in control of everything and the dominating bourgeoisie, the ruling class, the elite.

Isn’t that, in fact, a complement? Just sayin’this whole argument is silly and has no merit. If planet of the Apes showed apes to be stupid then it might be an insult.

Am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Vouch for him all you want.

Then read his second post on THIS thread - where he plays the race card and shows his true intentions with his OP.

So we cut Beck slack because we don't know his motivations but we will castigate the OP in a different manner? Do you KNOW his motivation? I see a different set of standards here. Why?

Edit: There were 3 members that brought up the race issue before the OP's second post. Including yourself.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by intrepid]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join