It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck compares Obama's America to "Planet of the Apes"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Okey dokey. This is the simplest explanation that I could find from a site that I often cite for some folks here on ATS.

By creating three branches of government, the delegates built a "check and balance" system into the Constitution. This system was built so that no one branch of our government could become too powerful.

Each branch is restrained by the other two in several ways. For example, the president may veto a law passed by Congress. Congress can override that veto with a vote of two-thirds of both houses. Another example is that the Supreme Court may check Congress by declaring a law unconstitutional. The power is balanced by the fact that members of the Supreme Court are appointed by the president. Those appointments have to be approved by Congress.

congress for kids

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
OMG I can't believe we are arguing about this.

Didn't we all come from apes?

Well I didn't but the anthropologist said they rest of you did.

[edit on 073131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

no one is arguing. people are just stating their opinions and not really talking to each other, although i attempted a few times, it was mostly ignored.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I guess the only thing that leaves me wondering about this story is why did Fox feel the need to edit out the Planet of the Apes reference in their "transcript" version of the show if there was nothing wrong with it? Honestly, I did not think race at all but when I saw Fox was trying to pretend he did not say it, I could not help but wonder. Maybe the people at Fox have race on the brain?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by thepixelpusher

but the apes in planet of the apes were not apes, they were an intelligent and articulate sentient race. their problem was they were racist. which i'm assuming was his inference. could be wrong but i don't think so.

Oh I read your post, I hadn't read through all of them,

everyone have a good day.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I was going to mention the same thing!!

We are all simian brothers and sisters.

tomorrows anti Beck thread: "Beck speaks in secret code via his flatulence" editors note : Murdoch spoon feeds him the beans.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You forgot a major component of the separation of powers, or just left it out for simplicity.

The power of the states was meant also to reign in the power of the feds.

Look at the 10th amendment.

Also, before the out of control feds added the 18th amendment, the states selected the senators. That allowed the states a seat at the fed table. Now done under democracy, that power of the states has been removed.

Simplistic here also, just another component.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

that you mr. beck?

please be more careful in the future. analogies are only good if everyone understands the context.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
reply to post by centurion1211

My friendly Neocon of Neocons

I have fought with David more times then I can remember, he does not use race as an implement, I vouch for him... [edit on 10-8-2010 by Janky Red]

Vouch for him all you want.

Then read his second post on THIS thread - where he plays the race card and shows his true intentions with his OP.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Its Glen Beck. I mean this is what he does. Its not about facts or politics its about ratings and money. He caters to an audience that does not want to think for themselves and tells them what they want to hear. Obviously the planet of the apes reference was used on purpose. Its not that Beck is a racist he is just an entertainer. I doubt he has a very high opinion of his audience but, he knows how fire them up. Beck, Limbaugh and Michael Moore are vapid self loving used cars sales men that prey on the weak minded and laugh all the way to bank.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney
Nutty right wingers and their ridiculous nonsense.

The nonsense spews because the fans of these nuts dont research anything for themselves.

What? Of course they do. They research it on Fox News and World News Daily and any site that agrees with them. Every other site is "THE LIBERAL MSM" and are full of lying social communists who are trying to destroy their beloved country. Too bad W and his republicans already destroyed it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

Originally posted by Baloney
Nutty right wingers and their ridiculous nonsense.

The nonsense spews because the fans of these nuts dont research anything for themselves.

Every other site is "THE LIBERAL MSM" and are full of lying social communists who are trying to destroy their beloved country.

Congratulations!

I think you're finally getting it.

But in case you're still under the kool-aid influence, it's not just Fox News any more. The European media has started to turn on obama as well. Remember when they once wanted to proclaim obama "king"? As an example, now look at what they're saying regarding Michelle Antoinette's recent trip.

article

While the liberal-dominated US mainstream media have largely ignored the story, it is all over the blogosphere and talk radio, and will undoubtedly add to the President’s free falling poll ratings. As much as the media establishment turn a blind eye to stories like this, which are major news in the international media, the American public is increasingly turning to alternative news sources, including the British press, which has a far less deferential approach towards the White House.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think it is entertaining how everyone actually believes policies are from and created by Presidential Administrations.

OBAMA-same
BUSH-same
CLINTON-same
BUSH SR-same
REAGAN-same
CARTER-same
FORD-same
NIXON-same
JOHNSON-same
JFK- well he finally said "this is all wrong and azzz backwards"said screw this (he was killed)

It has been the planet of the apes since ET, they simply designed a more sophisticated ape that could speak that had less hair.

sophisticated?
that is funny.

End of discussion...its the fact that cannot be changed no matter what you believe, say, or do. You can say prove it prove it prove it til you are blue in the face. The Truth is a done deal.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is additional proof that Glenn Beck adheres to original Mormon teachings in regards to race as discussed in a previous thread.

"Dark skin is a curse from God, the result of our sin, or the sin of our ancestors. If sufficiently righteous, a dark-skinned person will become light-skinned. "

He seems to be devout in the teachings of the LDS church, and is consistently pushing their agenda.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What Glenn Beck said was indeed racist.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

is he reorganized LDS ?
cause if not, then no, that wouldn't be accurate.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I heard the comment Obama made, and saw right off the comparison with the film. You must have watched the film to see it. In the movie, the Apes were a military order that kept the real history secret and ruled over the humans, a lot like the current administration does, treating them as slaves. Things had happened a very long time ago, and the Apes tried everything to keep it from being known. Just my own take.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

For those of you that think I'm over reacting, I'd only ask you to live as a black person for awhile and see the bigotry and hate that still manifests itself in America against blacks. Read over some of the posts here on ATS and you'll see that a good number of people think of Obama and his wife as some kind of sub-humans.

I understand what you are saying, and yes I have seen that sentiment here on ATS very flimsily concealed, not only with the Obama's, but with illegal immigrants as well. It's my opinion that more than a couple posters on here probably have accounts over at stormfront. Of course these are the same posters that pretend to be all hurt if anyone confronts them about their thinly veiled bigotry and racism.

On the other hand, try living as a white person in Detroit for a while and you will get the other side of that same racist coin. Racism isn't just a one way street, hell, it's a network of avenues, streets, boulevards, cul-de-sacs, and alleys.

As far as the clip goes, I can't agree with the OP on this one, I think it was more along the lines of that BECK thinks that America has gone insane and nothing makes sense anymore. But in my opinion, it's just a symptom of his syphilitic mind! (thank you Jon Stewart)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

It's not us on the kool-aid train my friend. The conservatives fooled me once, it won't happen again. No "Thank you Sir, can I have another" from me. Hate-filled obstructionists. Filling their coffers with our money and then blaming everyone else for it.

As far as me "getting it" I was probably getting it before you knew what it was.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

but i bet not before i knew what ITT was.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Of course Glenn Beck is racist. He's a Mormon. The mormon founding fathers said that blacks were an inferior, cursed race not worthy of the mornon religion or becoming priests. That ban was only lifted in 1978 under heavy outside pressure.

"You see some classes of the human family that are BLACK, UNCOUTH, UNCOMELY, DISAGREEABLE and LOW in their habits, WILD, and seemingly DEPRIVED OF NEARLY ALL THE BLESSINGS OF THE INTELLIGENCE that is generally bestowed upon mankind. The first man that committed the odious crime of killing one of his brethren will be cursed the longest of any one of the children of Adam. Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been KILLED, and THAT WOULD HAVE PUT A TERMINATION TO THAT LINE OF HUMAN BEINGS. This was not to be, and the Lord put A MARK upon him, which is THE FLAT NOSE AND BLACK SKIN. Trace mankind down to after the flood, and then another curse is pronounced upon the same race -- that they should be the "servants of servants;" and they will be, until that curse is removed; and the Abolitionists cannot help it, nor in the least alter that decree." LDS "Prophet" Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 7, p. 290, 1859, emphasis added.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by zerotime]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join