It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck compares Obama's America to "Planet of the Apes"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Originally posted by Hudson
Explain what away? You're the one who immediately connects apes to something associated with Obama. Beck reference was pretty obvious to those of us without race on the brain.

Funny, I didn't see the OP mention race in the opening post. Looks like you are guilty of the same thing.

edited to clarify point.
edit #2 because I suck

[edit on 9-8-2010 by nunya13]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by nunya13]

You are correct. However, by the OP's 2nd post - still on page one of the thread - it is clear that playing the race card was the OP's intention from the beginning.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i've had a few moments to think further on this. there IS one other possibility. if the special interests to which obama was referring or to which mr. beck felt he was referring, only benefit blacks, this could be construed in the mind of a white person, as being an example of something like the political landscape of planet of the apes, where people who were not a certain species (there were black men also treated poorly by the apes) are left out of the benefits of society because of species (or race).

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
damn dirty apes.
Some people here take things way out of context.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Beck did NOT call Obama a monkey - if he had it would have sounded like this;

"Obama is a monkey."

What he actually said was;

"This place is RUN by monkeys, of which, Obama is the chief monkey."

Completely different ..

Anyhow - while I know Beck is purely there to divide the American people, and hijack the legitimate leadership of any real opposition to the fascist takeover - on that particular observation I would have to agree with him.

So for clarity - though Beck is scum and will hopefully die at his earliest convenience - he often makes interesting observations - and rarely by accident.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

My friendly Neocon of Neocons

I have fought with David more times then I can remember, he does not use race as an implement, I vouch for him... Beck was referring to movie where civilization is being directed by simians, it is not hard for a person to question why this example was used in the context it was. See you have it easy Karl Rove, if ANYBODY even questions the
basic correlation that this episode seems to offer they are racist, because in the past Black people have been associated with monkey, apes and chimps, if you are privy to such knowledge or sentiment, you are in fact a racist. Its a very good tactic

If you mention that the man wearing a white hood might be racist, you thought of racism which makes you a racist, he is just wearing a hood

I don't care what Peck does or says, he is an actor and yall are his piggy back, I just think you should be getting paid too.

cheers Neo

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Janky Red]

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

well now don't be racist against the apes in planet of the apes. they were articulate and intelligent. the point of the movie, planet of the apes, was not to suggest any kind of inference between black people and apes, but to suggest that were another intelligent species besides homo sapians to gain higher reasoning and control of their instincts, that they would likely enslave homo sapians (this includes black people). so i am going with the idea he's just saying that special interests which only benefit one part of a society, is akin to what happened in planet of the apes. it was a bad analogy he made, no doubt about it. but i honestly don't think he originally meant it as a racist commentary other than to suggest that racism sucks.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
(p.s. for the record, and if it's any consolation, mormon church officials are probably reading him the riot act right about now, cause that's some bad PR right there and they've worked hard on establishing a priesthood for the black population in the last few decades)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

What he actually said was; "This place is RUN by monkeys, of which, Obama is the chief monkey."

Care to please provide me with an instance where Glenn Beck EVER called Obama a monkey?

BTW he never called Obama a monkey in that clip or that whole show.......

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
if ANYBODY even questions the
basic correlation that this episode seems to offer they are racist, because in the past Black people have been associated with monkey, apes and chimps, if you are privy to such knowledge or sentiment, you are in fact a racist. Its a very good tactic

If you mention that the man wearing a white hood might be racist, you thought of racism which makes you a racist, he is just wearing a hood

The big difference here is that the vast majority of references to monkeys and apes are not aimed at black people.

Monkeys and Apes ( rather unkindly ) are also more commonly used to suggest lack of intelligence, unpredictability, volatility and chaos, without any racial overtones.

The white hooded top ( with the exception of some of those people during the Spanish inquisition ) are exclusively the preserve of the KKK.

There is no logical reason why someone would automatically connect black people with monkeys or apes, unless it was implicitly aimed towards them in such a manner as to suggest that a direct comparison was being made.

In this clip, Glen Beck was clearly referring to Obama's America as the ''Planet of the Apes'' which would make no sense in a racial context, as most of the Obama administration are white.

If he'd said it was a ''planet led by an ape'', then it would have been more valid to interpret the comment as potentially racist.

The only mental connection that most non-racists would make on hearing ''monkey'' or ''ape'' is to the actual animals.

The only mental connection that most people would make seeing someone with a white hood, is to the KKK.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Glen Beck has GONE OFF THE RAILS!

Using "Planet of the Apes" as a refernce is extremely inflamatory (Black men as Apes). That he isn't threatened by his bosses to take him off the air sends an even bigger chill down my spine than the one Beck faked in the video clip.

For those of you that think I'm over reacting, I'd only ask you to live as a black person for awhile and see the bigotry and hate that still manifests itself in America against blacks. Read over some of the posts here on ATS and you'll see that a good number of people think of Obama and his wife as some kind of sub-humans.

Wow, just wow.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I'm confused as to what the fuss is about.

Perhaps it's because I'm not American, but what's the problem with him suggesting that he's had a ''time shift'' to the ''Planet of the Apes'' ?

It seems it's just hyperbole to accentuate his point about the state of the USA.

I've never seen the film, so perhaps I'm missing something.

Nothing wrong with you mate. The US media and the DNC are currently running an all out strategy to smear Obama's most prominent critics as racist. Hell, they're even going after regular American citizens at tea parties. Its got some people seeing racism around every corner. Its gotten REALLY out of hand in the last year.

Oh yes, and the Republicans are pure little angels that haven't played any games in the media or used any of their own prominent critics to throw lies out there too. C'mon. Both parties are fighting like the Hatfields and McCoys while no real work is being done in Washington. Glen Beck just exploits our sorrows for his own pathetic monetary gains. Sickening that anyone even watches Beck.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

but the apes in planet of the apes were not apes, they were an intelligent and articulate sentient race. their problem was they were racist. which i'm assuming was his inference. could be wrong but i don't think so.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

a black guy at ATS told me that god doesn't care about women, and that white people all over the planet will soon be killed in a blood bath. as will jews. and israel will be reclaimed by the real jews who are black. the few white people who survive it, will be enslaved.

other black hebrew israelites (obama's former church religion i think?) say that the USA is their inheritance since they helped to build it and slaved away on white man's farms, in white man's factories, and in white man's wars. so they are going to claim the usa and all its lands, after the kill off the white people here.

this has already started in places in africa. south african white people are now living in little shanties and shacks, and their farms are being simply taken away and given to blacks. they are removed from their property and in some cases, murdered in the effort. this is totally supported by the leaders in their communities.

they are citing old testament "generational" curses as the rationale.

there's always two sides to every story. although i know exactly what you mean about prejudice, i would just like to say for the record, that i found out from the fellow mentioned in my first paragraph that it doesn't matter if women have been more prejudiced against than any other race on the planet, and enslaved more, and treated more like chattle because god simply does not give two hoots about them.

and if you think i'm kidding, i refer you to what happened to hillary and sarah palin, in the last election. every derogatory word possible to apply to females, were used, in both cases. expect it to get much worse.

welcome to the new world order.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

glynn beck is a cry baby out for a paycheck?? agreed?? his name should be striked the record.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Glenn Beck: Voice of the pretentious, racist, moronic sheeple.

He certainly seems to enjoy opening his mouth. At the rate he's going, you'd think he wants to fellate Obama.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

glynn beck is a tool, why are we even wasting our brain waves on this idiot...that he is.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jazabel51

i think cause we're all a bit shocked that he said it.

certainly not the brightest thing he's ever said.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
A world where things are turned upside down....where we went to sleep in America and woke up in the Soviet Union. The government now owns private businesses, forces people to have "obesisty ratings", can dictate to you how cool or hot your house is...opunishes excellence and success... not the America of God, Mom, apple pie, and John Wayne...all upside down.

kinda like a show or movie...kinda like the Twilight Zone...maybe Star Trek...no, more like The Planet of the Apes....

where everything is wrong....logic does not exist anymore...for those on the right, quite the appropriate analogy.

You can pull racism out of anything if you look for it...if mMchelle had planted watermelons in her organic garden, would that be racist?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Boy, this thread slipped down the slope in no time. All because some dolt on youtube did some creative editing to attach negative meaning to a simple statement.

If any of you are even old enough to have seen the movie, you would clearly know what Beck was talking about. Would it have been easier to comprehend Beck's statement if he just said that the worm hole led him to Bizarro World.

Funny, the same people that analyze Beck's every word and even attempt to assert that they know what he is thinking, criticize those of us who are watching and holding Obama accountable for his radical and failing policy decisions and even his own statements that contradict his actions.

There is one big difference though, obama is an elected pseudo leader of our nation and Beck is simply an on air talent that has scared the pants off the progressives. The progressive cover has been blown and Beck is their enemy number one. Beck is not the one signing away our country and the future of our children. There will be a dire price to pay down the road for all of Obama's handouts, red tape and free spending.

I blame Obama not congress. Congress has merely served as his lapdog to advance the progressive agenda that he has preached for the majority of his life. No checks and balances. Congress has clearly been working for Obama and not us since his appointment to potus.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

explain checks and balances for the readers please.
points like the one you just made will not mean much to people who have really no idea how government is structured in the usa or, rather, is supposed to be structured.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join