It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck compares Obama's America to "Planet of the Apes"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Take note: Clip of the movie Planet of the Apes is not part of the actual program and was added in by the person who put the video on youtube. Was NOT part of the program.

Of all the things the man could have said in any comparison....he says PLANET OF THE APES. If you don't know what planet of the apes is about....look it up.

Speaks for itself....did a search for this topic on ATS...didn't see anything so if this is a duplicate sorry.

I just heard about it today...surprised I hadn't earlier as this happened Friday.

This could bring about a FIRESTORM should more people hear or see it.

I'd love to see him explain away this one...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by David9176]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by David9176]

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Explain what away? You're the one who immediately connects apes to something associated with Obama. Beck reference was pretty obvious to those of us without race on the brain.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
lol gota love Glenn... and he had the neve to call Obama a racist

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Could someone post a quote of what exactly he said for those of us who can't watch the video?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think that is gving the Planet of the Apes a bad rap. I as sure they ran a better operation....

Well, until the white guy came along and messed it all up. Go figure.
We should just call him Bush.... lol

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"Explain what away? You're the one who immediately connects apes to something associated with Obama. Beck reference was pretty obvious to those of us without race on the brain."

Hudson - It's not obvious to me, can you explain how you took GB's comment?

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Could someone post a quote of what exactly he said for those of us who can't watch the video?

Trying to be accurate ...

Beck gets upset with remarks obama made in his August 4th speech, where obama says he wants to fight against special interests. And so he says, "What happened, did I just fly through a wormhole and land on planet of the apes?"

Of course the group publicizing this then attaches a scene with Charlton Heston's character saying to the apes to get their stinking hands off of him after they captured him.

Then, of course, the OP chooses to take that interpretation and run with it - when there are others he could have taken.

Such as I recall the shocking scene (for me) in the movie was when the astronaut finds the rusted out Statue of Liberty after assuming that he was on another planet besides earth. I took Beck's comment to mean that he found obama saying he was against special interests after spending the first 18 months of his administration SERVING the special interests to be just as surreal as finding the ruins of the Statue of Liberty.

Or people like the OP could continue to try and play the race card at every opportunity.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
people read or see whatever they want to thats how.

people twist words and meanings to suit themselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Remember this?

New York newspaper accused of racism over 'Barack Obama chimpanzee' cartoon

A prominent New York newspaper has been accused of racism over a cartoon comparing the administration of Barack Obama to a mad chimpanzee

www.telegraph.co.uk... on.html

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Or people like the OP could continue to try and play the race card at every opportunity.

Yeah, that's all I do on ATS is play the race card at every opportunity. Please. That's all I'm about is the race card! That's me.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Remember this?

New York newspaper accused of racism over 'Barack Obama chimpanzee' cartoon

A prominent New York newspaper has been accused of racism over a cartoon comparing the administration of Barack Obama to a mad chimpanzee

www.telegraph.co.uk... on.html

Did Beck also refer to that cartoon?

If not, then it is still YOU playing the race card, and not Beck.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
ITS A MADHOUSE!
A MAAAAAAAAAAADHOOOOOOOOUSE!

link   
17th double post, ATS is broken as #.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Mythic Chris]

link   
reply to post by David9176

Don't think this is racist.

He's just making a connection to a well known movie?

Can you name any other movie he could of refferenced and people would understand?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
Explain what away? You're the one who immediately connects apes to something associated with Obama. Beck reference was pretty obvious to those of us without race on the brain.

Well with someone of limited political perspective such as your self can figure it out, I'm damn sure Beck knew what he was doing.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Yeah, that's all I do on ATS is play the race card at every opportunity. Please. That's all I'm about is the race card! That's me.

Well, it seems like that's what you're all about on THIS thread.

Admit that your attempted connection is so weak that it is non-existent, and then we can all just move on.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I have to concur with your statement, I watched that Beck programming and didn’t see anything racial about it.

To the OP anyone can pull stuff off the internet and chop it together, maybe you should start looking for the direct source or perhaps watch some of Becks programming to understand what he is saying....

When you chop stuff up and spread it around it does nothing but show your seething liberal ignorance.

link   

Tell me that people aren't going to view it the way I am pointing out. I actually heard about this on the news and am sharing it here because it's not anywhere on ATS.

The newspaper clip was for a previous poster saying that I was immediately making the comparison, which in reality I wasn't....this video is already making the rounds on the net.

I realize the flak I'm going to get for putting this on here...quite frankly I can't believe it wasn't already up. I know all of his supporters are going to line up to pick me apart...go ahead. Don't care.

link   
to the op

there are endless threads about beck on ats

people like what he says and then there are his critics

its and endless cycle just to give people something to talk about

movies: 1984 or brazil

planets of the apes wasnt acceptable imdb either of those

[edit on 9-8-2010 by neo96]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>