It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dancers from Ohio strip club protest at church (video included)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have no doubt that the church goers will 'forgive' the stippers before the 'strippers' forgive the church goers.

There we have a message of redemption in which the stippers are participating.

I can see some 'Born Again' former strippers in the making.

God has a way of making things work out for the best. Whether we see them or not at the time.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Not sure which is crazier.
That there are strippers picketing a church?!
or
That I have actually been there when on tour?! The bus was being repaired.
Why not?!

Rock-N-Roll *snip*snip*snippers!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
As for people mocking the dancers and their looks, here is an idea why don't you get up on stage infront of strangers half naked and dance. I give ANY girl credit who has the guts to do this esp if they aren't what society deems "hot."

Believe me it takes guts and certain outer shell or skin to do this job.

Word on the streets is that sometimes it takes guts other times it takes just a 'snif'... if you know what I mean.

Alot of times they got guts because they are under the influence of..... something.

And as far as looks... well that's what wigs are for right?

link   
you speak of modern church goers as actual people of God.

in fact, the reality of it is, most of those church goers sin just as much, if not more, and in more vile ways (by earthly standards) than those strippers do.

If, as you claim, sin decays the flesh, then we should all be looking like those "ugly strippers", every single one of us.

I read a little passage in a book back in high school....i don't remember the books name, but i do remember this:

A key character in the book named himself " Devo amar os irmãos assim deus que me amam" (i probably have the translation wrong)

But it was Portuguese and meant "I Must Love others so that God will love me"

Something that all you hypocritical churchy do-gooders forgot about a LONG TIME ago

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by airspoon

Rather than protesting in a bikini buy these people some books, increase their level of intelligence somehow.

It's very possible, and i'm being sincere here, that if the strippers looked half-decent I might have a different opinion.

Also it seems like the crackhead was balding, she obviously has been mistreated by having some guy or guys pull her hair and manhandle her, she should file a police complaint instead of picketing.

I don't know why but I feel like saying this:
I'm sure the churchgoers would treat these women more respectfully than their customers, if they were wearing clothes that is.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ModernAcademia]

Ok...actually customers tend to treat us very well thank you. I have had more customers treat me like a real person than anyone in any church I have EVER attended. They wanted to "fix" me. I dont need to be fixed, I am not broken.

There are clubs yes where the girls and customers are very shady but that is not the majority.

Just typical how this makes the news but the fund raisers and benefits clubs have for charity never even gets mentioned in the paper. Last year my club raised 30k for charity, it was ALL donated by dancers from dances we did for FREE and from customer donations. We helped many families in this area and yet people still want to say how evil we are...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

As for people mocking the dancers and their looks, here is an idea why don't you get up on stage infront of strangers half naked and dance. I give ANY girl credit who has the guts to do this esp if they aren't what society deems "hot."

Believe me it takes guts and certain outer shell or skin to do this job.

Word on the streets is that sometimes it takes guts other times it takes just a 'snif'... if you know what I mean.

Alot of times they got guts because they are under the influence of..... something.

And as far as looks... well that's what wigs are for right?

Yes the "guts" you are talking about does happen but either way it's not something one really wants to do for work esp when you are always ridiculed. If you have to be on something to do it, then it isn't for you. You have to be a tough thick skinned person to work as a dancer. I have seen it all, I swear it's great psychology

Yes wigs work great esp when you don't want to do your hair or you want to convince a guy you are Natasha from Russia and you are a mail order bride

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Being an atheist, I found what the pastor said to be idiotic at best.

I suppose my problem with this kind of pastor is that, as far as I know, Jesus would not be doing what they are doing, but rather would try to befriend these women and approach them with a loving heart to help them and be kind to them.

Harassment has never been a terribly effective friend-making or love-showing tactic, but then again, maybe stranger things have happened.

I'd suggest having a picnic for the women and owner. Have them over for some fun, some burgers, and a few brews. That way perhaps they could come to some understanding and perhaps change a few for the better.

Either way, acting antagonistic doesn't work well and it's just normally rude. And to think, all these Christian ideas and peaceful resolutions coming from a stanch non-Christian

Peace,
KJ

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by earl call

Originally posted by Snarf
who cares what the strippers look like?

Honestly...are you so shallow that this matters?

If I'm shocing dollar bills down the g-strings of one of those gals, I'm doing some irresponsible drinking. And that has to stop.

Irresponsible drinking leads to my tuition getting paid
thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Did anyone catch the pastor's Freudian slip?

"I absolutely refuse, as a pastor, to look away from that place as long as it exists"

I'll bet, Mr. pastor.

So these religious bigots protest for four years and one day some of the strippers sit in lawn chairs in front of the church and this makes the news? Well "waaaa". Turnabout is fair play. Go for it, my leathery haglettes.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Sorry, I just can't get over the idea that anyone would pay money to see THESE particular women in any state of undress

I could put on a wig and look that good and I'm an ugly dude.
I applaud them for standing up for their rights though, fair is fair.
REAL MONEY to see these girls dance?

Maybe Ohio is the Planet of the Apes, I dunno

You would be surprised. I have seen girls like this bank. Having done this on and off for 10years, it really has a lot more to do with personality and conversation than it does with looks in these places. I know doesn't make sense but you would be surprised. I swear I would love to write a book on the psychology of this environment. I see the big toothless girl or the one armed girl or the one who looks like a oompa loompa make more than me some nights..to each his own, it happens.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I thought Christians had this thing about not judging others, huh, they must have forgot that one. A church has absoutely no right whatsoever to potest a business - if they suspect anyhing illegal going on - call the cops. Organized religion do gooders - ick! Bet the pastor has a few fantacies, maybe that's why he likes to hang out there. If anything the patrons should protest for better looking strippers.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I'm sorry but the 2 women that spoke are doing nothing but demonstrating their own depravity.
The all looked to be in their mid 30s. The skinny one might have been younger but she appears to be on meth(losing hair, sunken in cheeks).
I think these women should perhaps stop, look in the mirror, and ask "Is this really worth fighting for?"

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
I think these women should perhaps stop, look in the mirror, and ask "Is this really worth fighting for?"

If it's all they have, then yes! Yes, it is worth fighting for.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Irresponsible drinking leads to my tuition getting paid
thanks.

I hope for your sake that you are good looking enough whle pole dancing to be going to a quality university. I don't think those picketing gals could get enough tuition to get through Romper Room School.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

I think it is much more than that. The Strip club wasn't hurting anyone, yet the church feels it has a right to impose their will on others, in spite of what their own bible tells them. I think this is a classic example of giving them a taste of their own medicine, though the strippers are probably far more respectful and civilized to go as far as the church-goers whent.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I think they will only increase tensions though by wearing bikinis in front of the church.

it's good to protest but with wearing bikinis in front of a church is distasteful.
And that skinny girl is obviously a crackhead, a crackhead in a bikini protesting in front of a church is a dangerous combination LOL LOL..

But seriously, this is in bad taste, the conservative in me says "Have some class".

My my! How quick the JUDGE are good, faithful Christians are these days! I see that you can instantly tell if a person is on crack just by looking at a photo or video...I am guessing Jesus gave you this special power no one else has? And something else, friend, I have some very good friends who happen to strip for a living, and I have to tell you these ladies have more class than you do.

I agree with the pastor, that strib club is evil.
Did you see those strippers?
EWWWWWWWWWW.... I felt like throwing up just at the thought of them dancing around a pole.

That is DEMONIC! What kind of demon would hire them and victimize men just looking for a good time by burning their eyes with visions of what hell looks like?

The church needs to go and exorcise that place!!!!!

So, how do you know they dance around a pole unless you have seen this personally? And as for the word "Demonic," it comes from the root word "demon," which is from a Greek word,
"daimon," or δαιμον, and it means "divinity." So I guess your God is a demon then, right?
People, especially you Christians. You go about wildly posting things you know not one thing about. Do you know anything at all about the RITE OF EXORCISM? There are no victims in a strip club. The owner makes plenty of money from drinks and such, he/she pays the dancers a minimum wage and a tip percentage is taken out, while the dancer pockets the rest, tax free, just like a Church does!

You all have a Bible, I presume, so gets yourself a good concordance, and a root word dictionary, take the next few weeks, or months, and read the book, from page one to the last page, keeping notes and looking up words, and use your computer to research out things you do not understand fully. I can guarantee you that you will find a lot of stuff in there that is way more evil than a few girls dancing around a pole. By the way, be sure to research the root word for "Yaw," and "Weh." Here is a really good research site to begin:
jesusneverexisted.com...

Here are a few more:

Christian Fundamentalism Exposed

DESTROYING OUR PAST!

Amen (Amon) and Amen-Ra, King of the Gods, and the Triad of Thebes

The Gods Of The Bible
101 Clear Contradictions in the Bible

List of God's killings in the Bible

Evil Bible Quotes

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Fight For Your Right by The Beastie Boys comes to mind here....

Well seeing as they are strippers, I can guarantee their customers obviously aren't looking much at their faces....

But didn't God create man in his own Image ? If the human body is God's Creation and of his image then it too is in itself sacred and holy ?!

And thus being in God's image it cannot be deemed or represent evil !

Hallelujah Amen !
For the Strippers !

Fight for your Right to Paaartay !

[edit on 9-8-2010 by nh_ee]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Let he who have no sin cast the first stone. I bet ya that some of those churchfolk take part in far more sinister actions than the strippers they protest. Be sure to give the pastor your 20% tithing!
That last girl appeared to have a serious meth problem, yuck.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Hefficide

My church doesn't have strippers,but
we do have beer.We serve ROOTbeer
in our fellowship hall,along with coke,
pepsi...

I'm curious M, do you think that having the odd stripper at the church would be a good way of getting nice young men into pews as apposed to bar stools ?

My rather large sister once worked at a topless bar, she was fired for dipping in the till.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I notice at the end of the video the good reverend says a bit about unifying the church...
well, there you have the motive like I said earlier...
The good wifely women fighting the devil for their men, and the men better show up in church and back the women, and if you don't give till it hurts, waddya mean you support the emeny? Does your wife know?..
The Rev is manipulating them, playing them like a pro, right out of the text book....And thats evil...

PS As far as looks go, you know what they say about those that judge a thing by it's package...you 'll get judged by yours.

"Gypsies Tramps and Thieves..
But every night the men would come around...
and lay their money down..."
Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves - Cher

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Danbones]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join