It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merck probed for bribes to foreign governments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Merck probed for bribes to foreign governments

rawstory.com

Two federal agencies are probing drugmaker Merck & Co. for possibly violating anti-bribery laws in multiple foreign countries.

Merck, the world's second-biggest drugmaker by revenue, has received inquiry letters from both the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission, the company said in a regulatory filing.

The letters "seek information about activities in a number of countries and reference the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act," according to Merck.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d63ef4f691c.jpg[/atsimg]

Why won't authorities focus on the bribery done in our own country? Wait, I already know the answer to that question... Or at least I think I do.

Anyway, this news is kind of disturbing and refreshing at the same time. Disturbing in that "Big Pharma" is apparently corrupting foreign governments too, and refreshing in that these other countries may not tolerate it as well as Americans do. Sadly, I would venture to guess that "Big Pharma" will only be successful in their pursuits to drug the rest of the world and that this current probe is only for is only a facade. I highly doubt that the American government would put a stop to to these corporations drugging the rest of the world because after all, it has been extremely successful here in the homeland.

--airspoon

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

they are way to important to the overall agenda of depopulation to be allowed to be to heavily indited for their crimes these slime balls are polluting the minds and bodies of the poulation and the water supply

these guys are the supplyers of vaccines to the goverment

has anyone noticed that more and more evil companies and people are no longer getting a free pass on crime that the sec is starting to do its job the billionairs are giving away half their money

seams to me the tide has shifted and the corrupt will be exposed and delt with this is happening world wide and i dont know whats causing it but i suspect at some point the good people in power (there not all evil) are going to see this change in attitude and start doing the right thing an avalanch of good deads will follow with the scum being exposed and delt with

merec has always faseafyed their drug trials and are supplying drugs that are soft kill paying leaders is the only way to force them onto the market

new topics

join