It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mosque Near Ground Zero – A Better Solution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am rather amused by the reaction of so many to the proposed mosque next to “ground zero.” I think to myself… The only reason they would do that was to rile people up.

“It’s a symbol!” Ok, but a symbol only has the power you give it. Rather than riling ourselves over the “problem,” becoming the reaction, and rooting for a solution that degrades the sanctity of our principles, let’s look outside for solutions.

(You say that “it’s an affront to America.” What is America built on but the right to own property and build upon it what you wish (within the zoning laws and other safety related code)?)

Are we to react as they want us to? Are we to make a stink? I think rather that we should laugh at their puny effort to rile us. “Go ahead. Build your mosque. But from here on in, we intend to ignore you. Like… Whatever.”

What power can they possibly have over our disdain and amusement?

Do I hurt for those who were hurt? Yes. But falling right into the trap They are setting for us? No.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I am rather amused by the reaction of so many to the proposed mosque next to “ground zero.” I think to myself… The only reason they would do that was to rile people up.

Who is the "they" you refer to here?

1. The Islamophobes?
2. The media?
3; The politicians?
4. The Muslim Americans?

I don't know that I agree that laughing is the answer, unless of course it's at any or all of 1-3 above that you mean.

I will agree that it's clear that someone wants to rile us up.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Clearly, if there is some nefarious act being perpetrated by the choice of site of the mosque, choosing to let it move us allows them - whoever these nefarious ones are - to move us as they wish.

And frankly, my friend, if you cannot see the significance of the "Problem:Reaction:Solution" method of mass psychology manipulation, I guess I don't know what to say.

May those you know, who lost that day, heal and bring forth their love as we have loved them. Blessed be.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

It was clearly not clear to me who the "'they" you referred to was, and it is exactly because I can see the manipulation that I asked you for clarification. I will take from your response that you meant number 4.

Are we clear now?

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Why presume it is any of those? I don't.

[shrug] I mean, there's enough evidence for me to assume someone is trying to create division amongst humans. I doubt it's any of those groups, and that these are led astray to fundamentalism as pawns in the game They are playing.

Your view may differ.

EDIT to add:

Well, in all of those groups, there are those led astray, and those few whipping up divisive spirit, convincing the underlings that their cause is true.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Amaterasu]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I finished reading the last sentence in your OP with the same question as Lucidity .... namely .....

Who are "they" ?

Did you ever consider that the "riling up" is being conducted by forces closer to home , politicians and political pundits ?

You make some good points , its just that you have got the wrong group as the instigators of this controversy.

But hey ..... thats just my opinion on the matter.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

I finished reading the last sentence in your OP with the same question as Lucidity .... namely .....

Who are "they" ?

Did you ever consider that the "riling up" is being conducted by forces closer to home , politicians and political pundits ?

You make some good points , its just that you have got the wrong group as the instigators of this controversy.

But hey ..... thats just my opinion on the matter.

Oh, there are many pawns in the game - yes, polititians, the Islamophobes, the Media, and even Muslim Americans. I have my suspicions but too many who have been flipping switches rather than contemplate probabilities would fail to see. At this time, read some of my other work to gain insight.

new topics

top topics

join