It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the world ends before Jesus returns?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if he already did but everyone assumed he was crazy.

Other times I hope he does not because I feel like people would treat him worse the second time around than they did the first.

I hope he doesnt come until it is over. Like Yissachar1 pointed out. For his sake.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilIuminati
if u know the universe is a program and that we are living in a hologram. that means god the programmer can change anything at any momment. his son will return have faith

If you know how that program works. You know God ain't going to resurrect Jesus.

It is worthless to have faith in something that will never happen. Instead of having faith in our selves to actually create a better life for our selves until the end.

God created us in his image. Right!
So we should already have the ability to fix things. But we lack the faith to do so. Because our faith is not in our selves. But in fiction.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I saw the Stephen Hawkins thread predicting the end of humanity and a thought popped into my head. What if a catastrophic event happens that ends the world and humanity before the supposed 2nd coming of Jesus? Has anyone thought about that? What happens to those who believe in the rapture? It was just an instant thought and I am curious if anyone has given it any thought. No bashing pls.

Jesus was suppose to come back in the time of his people, so his return has already been bogus.

Well I guess if you want to call the wandering jew the last person of his time
then maybe! Just maybe!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sumdumguy

Doesn't take away from the fact that this was written down in a 2000+ year old book.
Even though these are "natural events" known to earth, the bible talks about a time when catastrophe would fall upon earth. Well take a good look around you. This year has seen an awfull lot of Doom & Gloom so far. and it doesn't look to get better anytime soon. Things are happening in an increasing pace.

But I understand the need to drown oneself in rational explanaitions for any event. Its not healthy to get scared over things nobody has any control over.

Except maybe if you think HAARP is behind alot of things.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Read the whole of Mathew 24... It clearly says that He will not return until "immediately after the tribultion (end of the world)." So He returns at the end of the carnage...

I went and read the KJV of Matthew 24 and I don't understand it.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

So, if I'm reading this right, Jesus isn't supposed to appear until *after* the end of the world, right?

If it's the end of the world, everyone would be dead, right? I don't understand this then:

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

If everyone is dead, how can women be grinding, or men be in the field?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I saw the Stephen Hawking thread predicting the end of humanity and a thought popped into my head. What if a catastrophic event happens that ends the world and humanity before the supposed 2nd coming of Jesus? Has anyone thought about that? What happens to those who believe in the rapture? It was just an instant thought and I am curious if anyone has given it any thought. No bashing pls.

edit to fix spelling error

[edit on 9-8-2010 by virraszto]

Interesting thought.

However, the Christ consciousness is alive and well on the planet right now. 'Jesus' the avatar will not return. This was an early attempt to seed higher consciousness for humanity ... a couple thousand years prior to the 2012 shift.

Many have been incarnating recently to anchor more light so humanity can rise into the next, 5th, dimension of consciousness. It would have been far more difficult to accomplish this feat without a 'Jesus', 'Buddha', 'Mohammed' planting the so called 'seeds' for it ... the dark is losing its grip now and the light that has been anchoring in the past few hundred years is 'winning' the 'battle'.

The best you can all do it 'rise' to the occasion, rid your selves of unnecessary belief systems, remain a disconnected, yet compassionate observer to the end game. Fear not. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no 'evil'

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The Second Coming of Christ is a reference to Christ Consciousness..

Here's an eloquent post of someone describing Yeshua Ben Joseph, the real name of the Jesus: www.sciforums.com...

A fake rapture will soon be occurring, you can embrace the illusion and be shipped to Mars for your highly prized genetic codes, or Ascend into the 5th dimension along with Earth.. the choice is yours.

Deadline: 2012

Not to scare anyone, but time is running out for those who haven't truly awoken.

All answers are within your heart center, take the time to know yourself..

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It is not necessary that "Jesus" returns. "His" wisdom is needed and that has been available again for a couple of years now. Unfortunately not many seem to want it.

Namaste,

Deckard

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It will end before jsus returns, because jesus was a mere human. It would be like saying what if the world ends before Kennedy returns. Laughable.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I suppose for those who believe in the rapture will see that there will be no rapture.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Jesus will Rapture his saints before the 7 year Tribulation period.
That is not his second coming that is talked about in the Bible. His
second coming will happen after the 7 Seals, 7 Trumpets and then
7 Bowls. The earth is not going to end before Christ returns. The earth
has to go through all of those terrible times before He returns. Then
Christ will set up his 1,000 year reign on Earth. Devoid of non-believers,
satans, false profits and all sinners who have not accepted Christ as
their saviour. This earth will not have any debunkers and haters of God
and his word. They will all be in the pit with the antichrist and haters
for a thousand years. Then they will be judged and put into hell for an
eternity. That means forever, infinite, never ending anguish and terror.
And all one has to do to not have to worry about any of that is to turn
over your life to Jesus and accept him as your Lord and ask for
forginess of sins. It's that simple.

The reason for the 7 seals, 7 trumpets and 7 seals, as horrific as they
will be, is to get people to denounce sin, denounce the antichrist, and
follow Jesus who have not done so before the Rapture. I wonder what
some of you will say when millions of people disappear from the earth
in the blink of an eye, and you are left standing there with your mouths
open in amazement. Don't you think it just might be the time to think things
over and maybe change your life and thinking? You are going to have
that opportunity. And good luck trying to live through the entire 7 years
of the Tribulation. The ones who have accepted Christ and have been
Raptured, will not have to endure any of the terrible things to come on this
earth for 7 years. They will observe with the Lord. You don't have to
believe a single thing I say, but one day the entire truth will smack some
of you in the face and it will be one horrific wakeup call. God bless you !!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Please forgive me if I eave any of your points out as im doing this off n android phone..

I would like to address your last point first... What ws it like in the time of Noah before the flood? Yes people were marrying and given in marriage but also "the world was full of violence (genesis 6)." So much so that God decided to destroy the earth.. The same scripture also alludes to the Nephilim or the fallen ones, who were the giant _earth born) matings between human women and angels who rebelled.. This was the main reason for the violence as these hybrids corrupted the human gene pool right to the point that God could only spare one family whose genes had not been corrupted... Noahs... The bible say he was "perfect in his generations" or his genes had not been corrupted... The same way God spared Noah is the same for those t the mill, one taken and one , or in bed, one taken one left.. That bit describes a global event where one part of the earth people are working in the day and in the other side people are asleep at night,.. similtaneous global event...

However, another thing you have to realize is that those tribe mourning after the tribulation would probably be those elite who hide in the caves and who bought all this tribulation on Gods children.. They are mourning because hiding in the caves aint gonna save them., They are finished and they know it...

"Then I shall gather My elect"... God will make us all go through the tribultion, but gather us at the end after all the wheat and tares have been sifted, and those left will mourn indeed.,

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
i'll can tell you what would happen if jesus did come back. he'd be sectiond placed in a padded room and hevaly sedated like everyone else that claims to be the son of god. infact jesus is probably in a loony bin as we speak. Jesus "i am the son of god" Doctor " yeah well so are those guy's over there watching sponge bob"

His stars will make it clear he is present so there would be no questioning or aprehending... You will see him and know it is the son of the creator...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If the world was destroyed tomorrow your life would be laid out before you and god for your future destination. It doesn't matter if it happens today, tomorrow, or years from now as long as you are at peace with yourself.

Try and be positive in your life and not to hurt others and you should be just fine.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
agentsmith the matrix is real and u know it. well us being a hologram and the universe. the main source being somewhere else where we all connected. of course the whole ai turning humanity into slaves is disinfo. but everything else seems to be true according to the lastest science. as for u nonbelievers out there. i pity u . ur name will be taken out the eternal life program. which means u are coming to an end before.earth does

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What I never understood was why (if he existed and things in the New Testament actually happened, and blah blah blah) he left in the first place. I've never been able to figure out a logical, rational reason for him, as a demigod (or total god, if you're so inclined), to not just have hung around for a couple thousand years and offered some first-hand guidance and proof.

And don't give me your arguments about Jesus "needing" to do this or that. God can change the rules.

Another thing I can't quite understand is why the wait? Why not just show up now? Is later going to be better? Again, prophesy is one thing, but being God means you get to do whatever you want, like skip Seals.

In other words, the whole thing doesn't make any sense, so it's hard to answer the question.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
**URGENT NEWS REPORT FROM HEAVEN:

The second coming of Jesus has been postponed due to an ongoing battle between he and all the other God-men up there in the sky heaven club.

Jesus and the many other Man-gods have been involved in a constant war over who will make the return to earth to save their particular cult victims, er I mean followers. All the other Man-gods have established that they existed before jesus did, and that jesus copied everything from them. But jesus argues that because he is the newest mythical Man-god, that he should be the one to return.

Many innocent angels in heaven were of course drafted into this war to fight and have died permanently as a result. Apparently religion is causing war in heaven as it does quite successfully on earth. But the God-men are able to maintain a respectable image up there as a result of brainwashing the innocent angels there that the war is the result of the invisible Satan monster.

The hebrew god loves war and looks forward to drafting more souls in the future to fight the Man-god war.

News updates will be reported as they come down from heavens media outlet. Stay tuned, and remain brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I, myself, don't believe in the rapture. I am agnostic. I was just wondering if Christians ( or whoever else believes in the 2nd coming) ever thought about this scenario?

As a human, I have questioned everything under the sun, to me nothing is off limits. I can't imagine anyone going around in life, operating under whatever label they choose, doing anything different. I am a christian btw

[edit on 8/9/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I do think the world will end before Jesus will return, mainly because I'm an atheist. Whether or not Jesus ever lived is still up in the air as far as archeological and historical evidence is concerned so the idea that he's coming back and is in fact a supernatural being are both faith-based assertions.

I wouldn't worry about the world ending abruptly in any of our life times. The odds are fairly slim of anything big enough to wipe out life on the whole planet happening unless WE cause it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Since 'he' was never here in the first place I would say that a return is highly unlikely!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join