It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban publicly flog, then execute pregnant woman in Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Again, don't let the fact that these stories are ALSO used as propaganda distract from the fact that there ARE real horrors.

Here is a compilation of stories from the women of Afghanistan. Some graphic photos. That site also has a lot of stories about the Taliban and tribal situations there and how this particular group, the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan (RAWA), views the political situation there as it affects women through at least the last three decades of their existence.

So, again, everything in perspective and looked at as a whole.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Curious. If this was a report of a US Special Operations unit doing this, I can bet this thread would be at least 10 pages long, everyone screaming their Anti-US hatred.

But since it's Taliban, it's obviously a propaganda ploy by the US government to continue the war.

Shhh...

Don't say that too loudly.

UN Report says Taliban responsible for 76% of All Civilian Casualties

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Star that. Very accurate synopsis.

One other interesting story that I would add would be this.

Mullah Omar's next operation after the one involving the teenage girls was another incident where civilians were killed when two warlords were fighting over who was going to have the 'privilege' of sodomizing a young boy captured in a village.

Mullah Omar is said to have treated them very harshly and freed the boy.

Who knows the truth of the story, but it is just the kind of thing that would win the 'hearts and minds' of the villagers that heard the story.

I read that Taliban translates as 'student'.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Aeons
200 lashes, and shot dead while pregnant.

Bet the guy bought himself out of this with a goat.

Islam is a great example of a cultural meme that says that women belong to the society - and that society is men. Men with serious control issues.

Agreed!

I don't understand where the apologists for Islam come from, so many of them say they are not Muslims. They like to quote sanitized versions of the Koran, saying that any that the opposition quote are lies!

If there is an 'Allah', what kind of entity must he be? To let the likes of this be carried out in his name!

Actually Islam, Judiasm, and Christianity all sprout directly from the house of Abraham. Basically it means the same god with a different name. I would bet though that god/Allah/Jaweh doesn't like it one bit.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hang on a minute...

I thought that American law allowed a woman to murder her child for personal ''convenience'.

How is ''executing a pregnant woman'' in Afghanistan any worse than murdering your own flesh and blood in the USA.

Sadly, some people won't reply to this ( guilty conscience )...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Are you seriously comparing abortion to the public torture and murder of a pregnant woman?

I think I smell a troll

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join