It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We Muslims know the Ground Zero mosque is meant to be a deliberate provocation"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
NO the approval was for a Mosque. Only a hand full of people have called it a cultural learning centre or whatever. the approval that was backed by Bloomberg was for a Mosque!!!!

[edit on 11-8-2010 by sassyncute]

Really? A 13 story mosque? Got a link to support this claim?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
We can get past it. If the idiots with the real agendas stop their noise.

This person is saying all those protesting over the Mosque who probably lost family are Idiots for not getting past it.

Yeah well done Lucy or whatever your name is.

Check out all these idiots who are protesting like we are. If I was allowed to insult you on here (for which i am not) I would make you cry.

Lucidity thinks these people are idiots

I was born in the Village and lived in Tribeca for 10 years and I'm going back as soon as I can.

You're not going to make me cry. I know scaremongering, hatemongering, and manipulation when I see it.

I'm sure you do your fair share of "insulting" on some of the other boards on the net where there is little civility. Those of your ilk are out there everywhere taking every advantage of this.

And don't twist my words. I made it perfectly clear who I think the idiots are. If you count yourself among them, so be it.

Peace.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

YEs really my friend. I never said a 13 story mosque at all but I did say a Mosque encorporate within an Islamic Community center.
However the Mosque was approved and later they added the idea of a community center so to play down the relevance.

the following news stories all quote the word Mosque and Bloomberg agrees.

Source1

Source 2

VIDEO NEWS SOURCE CALL IT A MOSQUE Watch this one

Source3 simliar to source 2 but no mention of Community centre only Mosque

Source4 Mosque first then center

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Actually you never made it clear who you were calling idiots. Just all those who oppose the MOSQUE. I don't care where you come from in tribeca or chewbacca but you continue to spit in the faces of the Innocent who lost their lives and loved ones. I did not twist your words they are there for everyone to read. Too bad Lucy you have shown your alliance. So enjoy your Mosque when it gets erected. It will be the safest place for someone like yourself.

Ah lived there for ten years...so home grown terrorist supporter then. An unpatriotic American? Or a Islamic fundamentalist? Ill let the government choose your fate my friend.

Anyway lets not argue. Remember Im a woman and as a woman must bow down to believers of Allah.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I thought many people here supported the constitutional rights of EVERYONE in the country. Why is it that many people only cry when the government is intruding on their constitutional right, yet you don't mind that this will invade their rights.

Kind of ironic isn't it?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Source1

An editorial.

Source 2

A city commission on Tuesday denied landmark status to a building near the World Trade Center site, freeing a group to convert the property into an Islamic community center and mosque that has drawn national opposition.

VIDEO NEWS SOURCE CALL IT A MOSQUE Watch this one

No mention of Bloomburg. The reporter even corrected himself. First he said "mosque", then changed it to "cultural center".

Source3 simliar to source 2 but no mention of Community centre only Mosque

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who last week made an impassioned defense of the project planned for lower Manhattan, also had no immediate comment.

Whoops, wrong again.

Source4 Mosque first then center

New York City government officials, led by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, had approved the project all along. Bloomberg defended it, saying, "Everything the United States stands for and New York stands for is tolerance and openness."

Damn, you're batting .000

As to what was mentioned first, why does it matter? Most media site are playing up only the mosque aspect.

You're going to have to better than that.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You asked for a source that say "Mosque" each one of the one i used say Mosque. It has always been a mosque. They later over time have changed the wording to a Community centre. Still a mosque for Allah lovers.

I am trying to find my original news source and will reply to you.

Still a damn Mosque though in place where 3000 people where blown to little tiny bits by some Islamic Jihadists. Why not build a hospital for the new Healthbill. Then next time crap gets blown up an extra hospital will come in handy.

Batting .000? Are you referring to an american sport?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

that comment gets thrown around quite a bit on here.

but seriously since noone is on this site is the president or congress

or in any position of authority whatsoever

no constitutional rights have been stepped on......

the only thing that has been done here is people expressing their opinions.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You asked for a source that say "Mosque" each one of the one i used say Mosque. It has always been a mosque. They later over time have changed the wording to a Community centre. Still a mosque for Allah lovers.

Nope, you said:

NO the approval was for a Mosque. Only a hand full of people have called it a cultural learning centre or whatever. the approval that was backed by Bloomberg was for a Mosque!!!!

It was for a cultural center. And you provided nothing to back up your claim about Bloomberg.

Still a damn Mosque though in place where 3000 people where blown to little tiny bits by some Islamic Jihadists.

You keep saying it won't make it true.

Why not build a hospital for the new Healthbill. Then next time crap gets blown up an extra hospital will come in handy.

Investors can invest in what they want. This isn't public money.

Yup, baseball. Means that you didn't make a single point.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That the people have an equal, natural, and unalienable right freely and peaceably to exercise their religion, according to the dictates of conscience; and that no religious sect or society ought to be favored or established by law in preference to others.

Now that this is out there, why is it that you don't want them to build their mosque? Because they are Muslim?

Those 19 hi-jackers killed over 2000 people and America has a right to be angry. But Americans have also been meddling in other countries affairs for ever since I can remember. I don't see you speaking out against bases built in countries that have been invaded.

This is pure hypocrisy and I hope you one day realize it.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

read Bloombergs defense of the MOSQUE

Bloomberg defends Mosque

ah baseball. In the UK little girls play it. Its called Rounders.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

my problems are with the imam
my problems are with his ties to the isreali flotilla
my problems is a man of god will not condem a known terrorist organization
my problem is the location

my problems are with the radical extremist element that prays on moderates

your free to beleive whatever you want but i dont label persons i disagree with just because i dont like their ppoint of views.

and furthermore constitutionals rights here we go

freedom of speech and religion

that freedom of speech covers those thoughts that you need to even utter a word

that freedom of religion protect their rights to build as well as MY right not to have any religion shoved down my throat.

that said.........your free to think whatever you wish as am i.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Bloomberg defends Mosque

Your Google isn't working that well. Bloomberg says, "mosque and community center". The only place it says just "mosque" is in the title of the article. That editorial freedom.

But thanks for the link. It's going to come in handy.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Bloomberg defends Mosque

Your Google isn't working that well. Bloomberg says, "mosque and community center". The only place it says just "mosque" is in the title of the article. That editorial freedom.

But thanks for the link. It's going to come in handy.

He still says Mosque. I am still searching for my article from last week. And he still get teary eyed over his supports of a religious Islamic building. Ironic seeming he is Jewish (pronounced: muny-bag-s)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

He still says Mosque. I am still searching for my article from last week. And he still get teary eyed over his supports of a religious Islamic building. Ironic seeming he is Jewish (pronounced: muny-bag-s)

I thought your avatar was a joke. I'm rethinking that now. Keep Googling. You can only go up from where your arguments are now.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by c g henderson
reply to post by tungus

You mean that this is the first Mosque to be build in the US?

We are finally letting them build a Mosque because they crashed planes on 9/11? Who did? The people building this mosque crashed planes? I thought the people on the planes died? I thought we had Mosques in this country before 9/11? Can you clarify?

If you don't see the irony of this whole thing, I'm afraid I can't clarify it for you.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I am trying to find my original news source and will reply to you.

Still a damn Mosque though in place where 3000 people where blown to little tiny bits by some Islamic Jihadists. Why not build a hospital for the new Healthbill. Then next time crap gets blown up an extra hospital will come in handy.

Just because that has become the label on this debacle of an issue in no way implies that is all it is...a mosque. It was always intended as a community center. Would have to be some mighty tall Muslims to need a ceiling 13 stories high.

And no it's not a place where people were blown to bits by criminals. It's near it. But a lot of things are near it. As I've said, Muslims, millions upon millions have lived in America for generations peacefully. And none were responsible for one of three horrific crimes on our soil.

Try educating yourself about the facts before attempting conversation on a topic you so clearly know nothing about. For your own sake.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
A few facts about our Imam

Rauf's book suggests that the “American Constitution and system of governance uphold the core principles of Islamic law” (i.e., sharia). The author concludes, therefore, that the “American political structure is sharia-compliant.” In December 2007 Rauf promoted What's Right with Islam at a Malaysia gathering of Hizb ut Tahrir, which seeks to impose sharia on the United States and other countries worldwide.

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

I guess that you just have to read his book. He speaks from both sides of his face, then talks out his ass.

This is the guy who's traveling in the Middle East obtaining funds for his mosque with Our taxpayer dollars.------Wake up America!

Time to slap ourselves in the face!

If they try to put us in a box and label us as Islamophobes, racists, et al, call them for what they are......either ignorant, intentionally misinformed, a terrorist sympathiser, or a hard core terrorist..........It will get easier to tell who they are as the days go by.

edited to add......don't waste your money and give this Theocrat a dime by buying his book, just check it out at the bookstore, you'll be shocked at what he says.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

nah man they wont ever wake up they prefer to live in the world that our government is more evil than the real evils of the world..

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
A few facts about our Imam

Rauf's book suggests that the “American Constitution and system of governance uphold the core principles of Islamic law” (i.e., sharia). The author concludes, therefore, that the “American political structure is sharia-compliant.” In December 2007 Rauf promoted What's Right with Islam at a Malaysia gathering of Hizb ut Tahrir, which seeks to impose sharia on the United States and other countries worldwide.

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

That's a bad thing? He was saying that American governance and Islam have the same principles. Note that "(ie: sharia)" is NOT part of his quote but added. Check out where the quotation marks end.

Secondly, from your source:

In a June 2005 interview, Rauf was asked whether non-Muslims should be troubled by the Qur'an's assertion that people from other religious traditions should be mistreated, subjugated, or killed. Rauf replied that “many of these verses were revealed in certain contexts where the Prophet [Muhammad] and his followers were not allowed to practice their religion,” and thus “permission was granted to the Muslims to fight those who fought them for that reason.” “The vast history of Islam through the 14 centuries of history,” Rauf added, “has proven that except for certain moments in history, the predominant attitude of Muslims toward non-Muslims, especially to Jews and Christians, was one of friendship, was one of engagement.” In 2009, Rauf took up this theme again, writing: “Religious freedom is at the core of Islam.”

Whoa, sorta puts things in a different perspective, doesn't it.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join