"We Muslims know the Ground Zero mosque is meant to be a deliberate provocation"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I love the fact that pplz on the interwebs are so bold and make dumb statements all to rile some group of hippies up.

Ground Zero and its future Muslim Shrine is becoming a national joke for the Americans i would imagine.

How did this even get approved to begin with?

Texas radio Host Michael Berry said affectionately

I'll tell you this – if you do build a mosque, I hope somebody blows it up... I hope the mosque isn't built, and if it is, I hope it's blown up.

this is the kind of divide it is causing not only in the US of A but also for us onlookers and it makes for great comedy in a tragic way.

It amazes me that Cordoba House or the new "terrorist holy place" is actually going ahead. Has no one in America voiced an opinion or is that too many people are watching gridiron to bother. I mean I know gridiron has its moments with the stop start action every two seconds and the coach saying "No 89 move left, No12 stay where you are" but come on, people need to start waking up and realize that the US is becoming a terrorist orgy house.

You need to get that terrorist loving Democrate turned republican Michael Bloomberg out of his job. He fully backed the decision to build a shrine to mohammed Akbar of Islam right in the middle of the last bomb fest.

What are you New Yorkers doing? This should not be happening. I am probably sounding very anti-Islam (pronounced: smack your wifes face in and knock her teeth out for not covering her eyelids) but that is my right as a woman (who hates what Islam stands for and how Mohammed married a six year old girl and had sex with her when she was 9) and I can not condone this type of building (or any religious nonsense) erected in the place so many innocent people lost there lives. I LOVE NEW YORK. but not if this Burka Palace is put up. Next all women Americans included will have to wear the full black bin bag over their heads and all men will have to parade around in their pajamas. New York is one of the greatest cities in the World but this is the start of its decline.

To top this off Greg Gutfield the host of Red Eye is going to open a Mulslim friendly Gay Bar right next to ground zero. Apparently this is to bridge the gap between the gays and the muslim community (ummmm is that smart Greg? Muslims want to sentance gays to one thing: Death). Nothing is making any sense here with this ground zero mosque.

Are the people in power trying to start another Jihad vs Christian bitch fight?

If this is to stand I would ask that Americans worldwide not have that slapped look of surprise spewed across their faces next time your crap gets blown up in your own back yard.

As you can see I am slightly peeved that this can go ahead!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

I sometimes wonder just how many Stormfront members ATS absorbed into its ranks.

The fact of the matter is, this really is a non-issue and the only people making this a provocative act are the media, the ADL (oddly), and far-right alarmists. This could have been built and ignored all together because I really don't care.

Does it need to be said that one or two Muslims aren't the universal ambassadors to Islam any more than Fred Phelps is to Christianity?

Does it need to be said that people are overreacting and getting worked up like this mosque is being built on top of the very rubble of the former Twin Towers when in fact it is a few blocks away?

That Osama Bin Laden allegedly claimed responsibility for 9/11 and not Allah?

Although the authors makes some valid points, especially regarding Pakistan and Darfur, they aren't the final authority on all matters Muslim.

Perhaps these guys want attention for their books: "Their Jihad ... Not my Jihad", and "The Jew is Not My Enemy" and seek to drum up some controversy by unnecessarily going overboard to prove how removed they are from radical Islamic terrorists.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I seem to remember that Osama bin Laden said he didn't do it. Am I misremembering? Not nitpicking but that's the second or third time someone's said that he did in this thread.

And yes...most of the bigger mouths on this issue, against this issue are all selling things or angling for votes. At least from where I sit.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, don't know about this..

the only thing I can say is that not all the moslims are terrorists...
Yes, I do know that there is a small group of radical moslims..
And as somebody else said here before.. we don't even know for sure that radical moslims where behind the 9/11 atacks...

I have to say that the moslims wich I happen to know personaly are all verry peacefull people and the thing I know from them about the islam is that it's a peacefull religion.... Afcourse I also have to admit that I don't know every moslim....

But I think that if these guys mean it peacefully why not give them a chance with their mosque ?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Everyone is bent out of shape because this is a mosque being built. IT'S NOT! It's a CULTURAL CENTER with a mosque in it. A 13 story mosque? What do people think this is? Mecca? There are places of worship everywhere. Hospitals, prisons, etc. Does that make those facilities places of worship? No. But let's focus on the one thing that will rile people up. You know, the ones that can't think things through without a sledgehammer and some dynamite.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I seem to remember that Osama bin Laden said he didn't do it. Am I misremembering? Not nitpicking but that's the second or third time someone's said that he did in this thread.

No you are not missing anything and you are correct...sort of.

He first allegedly said he didn't do it and that we should look to our own government for the culprits and then a tape was "found" where he allegedly claimed that he was responsible.

So both claims attributed to him have been made from different sources that seem to indicate he isn't even sure if he is responsible or not.

Which is very odd and why I said "allegedly".

That really wasn't my point though. The point was that it was a group of radicals that attacked America not all of Islam.

And yes...most of the bigger mouths on this issue, against this issue are all selling things or angling for votes. At least from where I sit.

I agree.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have been asking Muslims to answer my questions for days now, as to just what their beliefs and opinions are towards non Muslims, especially Christians. And I have not even gotten one single reply.

I have been trying to find out the truth, that is, what percentage of the Muslim community is in league with Radical Islamic Extremism.

Everyone who supports the building of the mosque, who is non Muslim, tells me that only a tiny percentage of Muslims are indeed Radicals.

But now, sadly enough, I do believe that my suspicions are starting to be confirmed.

Raheel Raza and Tarek Fatah have gone out on a limb and have told the world what the general consensus is in the Islamic American Community.

They have risked being ostracized in their own community by speaking out against the attitudes of the majority of Muslims in the US.

Raheel Raza has more courage than all of us anonymous posters here on ATS combined. She risks receiving a Fatwa and being labeled for death because she has stood up and come forward and has told us the truth.

She should be honored with a memorial of her own at ground zero. I would support it.

Shame on all you Muslims who attack her and Tarek Fatah. And shame on all of those who will undoubtedly call her a liar and a sellout.

You can all go to hell.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hi Proto, you know from my posts I also have no love lost to religion. From having conversed with you U2U and read your threads and posts for some time now, I could have composed your response to my post. I am very familiar with your positions.

There is more here than meets the eye I think we can all agree. I too have had a few social encounters with Muslims. In my home to be exact. Just by chance, two of my son's multitude high school buddies you see. These now 21 year old boys as well as their families are "moderates" if not less than moderates if that's a category. One boys' family from Eastern Europe the others' from I think Saudi Arabia. I've met both families at high school functions and ball games. I doubt the boys can remember being inside a mosque. I know they don't practice, I've just never queried them on their faith. The one boy is soon to be married to a girl he has been arranged to marry since they were toddlers. He has never met her in person but has seen photos and spoken to her by phone a few times. A quaint practice that I'm not sure is Islamic or otherwise cultural. One that would surely have me leaving the fold but this boy is happy as a clam. The point is you are not alone in having interacted with Muslims. They live throughout my home town, some moderate, some more fervent. I haven't been terrorized yet. It's just not a big deal.

This mosque situation is not being driven by people trying to assimilate and coexist. Moderate Muslims slowly drifting away from the strictness of their birth countries are not going to be gung-ho about a monstrous Muslim "re-education" center in their new western home. This is a backroom deal. It's there to provoke, it's advertised to provoke and that's why it will take foreign backers to come to fruition. Our politicians, Bloomberg for one, is in on this and not for the right or "rights" reasons.

As you've alluded to Proto, this is a test. This is a frog in the pot with the heat rising deal. Yes, they want to throw the it's a "free country" thing back in our faces, of course. At the same time you know that what I said about the militants biding their time and springing the Sharia deal is not far off. The friendly moderates that you and I bump into now will be praying five times a day, praise Allah, like it or not when that day comes. That's the rock and the hard place is that you know better than most our Constitution has been undermined from before it was ratified. There's nothing there, it's a legal fiction, isn't that the term? There will be no cavalry charge from the courts when whatever poses for "our rights" is wrapped in a burka. Currently the folks in Arizona are discovering what is left of their rights and the constitution. It's a sham.

Eventually there will be enough legal restraints in place so that any action, even simply speaking out against a perceived insult like this, will be grounds for imprisonment and likely worse. For the most part I don't believe that the majority of people in this country and even on this board are anti-Muslim. This is a set up to provoke anger against Muslims and I think many people are aware of that. 9/11 was a set up to provoke anger against Muslims. Two presidential administrations have continued that provocation. We are still in Iraq while the majority of the terrorists were originally from where? Oh yeah, Saudi Arabia. But to let this mosque go unopposed, at least verbally, sends a bad message. It says we will tolerate further manipulation from those at the top who would like us all, Muslim Americans and every American, under Sharia law. Laws are for controlling the people not the controllers. The Judeo-Christian system has run it's course for the controllers. We are all too moderate in all of our beliefs to be adequately controlled. We question our faiths, we question our government, we question this mosque, we question everything and rightly so. Allah has not yet been sufficiently moderated over time and his book will still be very useful to those running the show. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

This is sad, you have fallen victim to Rome’s manipulation in exactly the fashion I feared they would use it.

Why do people insist on playing out this rotten story to a bitter end?

I will never get it. People are people, each human being is something unique and special. They just can’t be judged in mass like that.

It would be unfair to them, and it would be unfair to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
I have been asking Muslims to answer my questions for days now, as to just what their beliefs and opinions are towards non Muslims, especially Christians. And I have not even gotten one single reply.

I have been trying to find out the truth, that is, what percentage of the Muslim community is in league with Radical Islamic Extremism.

Everyone who supports the building of the mosque, who is non Muslim, tells me that only a tiny percentage of Muslims are indeed Radicals.

But now, sadly enough, I do believe that my suspicions are starting to be confirmed.

Really? Propaganda is as propaganda does. If that statement was the beginning of a thread it would be throw into The Gray Area. No factual basis.

Got anything else?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's ironic that the loon, hater, and Islamophobe extraordinaire Pamela "I'd rather we blow up the whole world than surrender it to Islam" Geller wrote about these two Muslims in the OP as "righteous" because what they said supports her view of the world. Isn't this fun?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Hemisphere

This is sad, you have fallen victim to Rome’s manipulation in exactly the fashion I feared they would use it.

Why do people insist on playing out this rotten story to a bitter end?

I will never get it. People are people, each human being is something unique and special. They just can’t be judged in mass like that.

It would be unfair to them, and it would be unfair to me.

Not so sad, there's absolutely nothing terminal here my friend. We still have the freedom to discuss this openly. How am I judging? Better question is who am I judging? It's not American Muslims. They're not behind this. If so I haven't seen the evidence. Time will tell on this.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I know and although the governor of NY has a good heart and intentions, his offer today to get them another site is a off the mark...it's their community. They were there through 9/11 along with all the other people in NYC, almost AT ground zero, and they want to improve their community. Moving elsewhere would just not be a thing, you know?

And along those lines, look at all the other places that are protesting the building of mosques and community centers now.

Tennessee
California
Georgia
Kentucky
Wisconsin
Illinois
SheepsheadBay, Brooklyn
Midland Beach, Staten Island, in New York City

How far from ground zero is far enough away? Where does this end? What do people WANT? This is a disease and it's spreading.

Just because some are deeply offended, kind-hearted. or well-intentioned doesn't mean an issue like this won't attract those who are not...politicians, opportunists of all sorts, zealots, bigots, and haters all unite behind that, for their own reasons. They USE people.

Thanks for the memory job. And I agree. A bunch of sociopathic nuts with probably not a religious bone in their bodies committed a crime that we're going to let tear this country apart.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here are some very encouraging words from the Qur'an.

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah nor follow the religion of truth, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of our superiority and they are in a state of subjugation." - Qur'an Sura 9:29

This one well constructed prose or hadith must be how Muslim view non believers. And by believers I mean the belief of Allah.

The man Muhammed who declared himself a prophet was a pedophile, a murderer and a pirate before he declared himself the holy one. He NOT Allah banned all people from replicating his face |(maybe for fear of being caught and stoned to death for all his previous crimes).

Muslims men are always striving to be what Muhammed deems the perfect man - HIM.

The Quran or Koran states

"Surely the vilest Animals in allahs sight are the disbelievers" 8:55
And my favorite

4.34. "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them; but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)."

This is all I need to know about Islam and that building one of the bomb making huts anywhere near New Yorks ground Zero is asking for trouble.

It may not be muslims fault entirely they are taught this by MEN (their fathers, Imam) and brainwashed much the same as Americans are brainwashed into thinking that their Government loves them by repeating the ridiculous pledge at school and constantly going around saying to everyone they meet "god bless america". Unfortunately with the Mosque or Cultural Learning Center the Only god watching over Americans in New York will be the ever merciful Allah.

But all this talk of muslims being capable of terrorism might be unjustified. Surely to make a bomb or explosive some sort of brains and skill level must be used. It a complicated process.
I find it hard to believe that Muslims can build bombs but cant grasp the basics of sitting on the toilet. Muslims keep falling off the standard porcelain god and now want ENGLAND to install the ever clean and so modern "SQUAT HOLES" so like other mammals they too can squat to plop.

UK BOWS TO SQUATTER'S

[edit on 11-8-2010 by sassyncute]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Everyone is bent out of shape because this is a mosque being built. IT'S NOT! It's a CULTURAL CENTER with a mosque in it. A 13 story mosque? What do people think this is? Mecca?

So it's a cultural center with a Mosque somewhere inside?

That I didn't know.

Now this whole overemotional fiasco seems even MORE artificial.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Originally posted by intrepid
Really? Propaganda is as propaganda does. If that statement was the beginning of a thread it would be throw into The Gray Area. No factual basis.

I was really trying hard to believe that most Muslims did not hate me. Now I quite honestly don't know what to think.

Got anything else?

Nope.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
No offense, but the UK can handle it as they deem fit. The US is used to immigration, sometimes in large waves, and both out laws and law enforcement are STILL despite all the issues quite capable of withstanding this imagined assault. It's a different country and a different geography and a different situation. That's my opinion. Millions upon millions of Muslims have lived here in peace for generations. There was a diaspora when WE invaded their homelands. There are always growing pains when new immigrants assimilate into their new land. We can get past it. If the idiots with the real agendas stop their noise.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

NO the approval was for a Mosque. Only a hand full of people have called it a cultural learning centre or whatever. the approval that was backed by Bloomberg was for a Mosque!!!!

[edit on 11-8-2010 by sassyncute]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

stand fast in your beliefs man the victory goes the the one who fights hardest and longest and never give into the chaos and confusion of what they try to do.

this is how they win.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
We can get past it. If the idiots with the real agendas stop their noise.

This person is saying all those protesting over the Mosque who probably lost family are Idiots for not getting past it.

Yeah well done Lucy or whatever your name is.

Check out all these idiots who are protesting like we are. If I was allowed to insult you on here (for which i am not) I would make you cry.

Lucidity thinks these people are idiots

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join