It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We Muslims know the Ground Zero mosque is meant to be a deliberate provocation"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

yeah man there is certainly something "rotten in denmark"

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
57 million square feet.

Impressive number. Let's look at that logically. 2 square miles. Oops. Not that impressive. And it's not all in the same area.

Edit: That's out of over 300 sq/miles that is NY:

en.wikipedia.org...

Less than 1%. About .75%

Try again.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
a community center where us infidels arent invited and since us infidels arent invited its only gonna cater to the "in crowd" and that in crowd is the "believers"

so a real community center benefits the whole community just not one ethnic group.

No, a community center the board members of which will be composed of members from a mixture of religions and which will be open to all (well, all paying members presumably, like a YMCA or JCC).

With a mosque inside it the board members of which will be Muslim.

The mosque is only going to be a small part of the building; they have set up two separate corporate entities with two separate governing bodies (Park51 for the community center, Cordoba House Initiative for the mosque).

There's actually a good bit of information if you check out their websites instead of relying on blogs that are just recycling long-debunked nonsense about opening dates etc.

Park51
Cordoba House Initiative

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

yeah man there is certainly something "rotten in denmark"

Actually Denmark was the only European Country where the Nazis waited for all the Jews to evacuate.

I am sure this had nothing to do with Rothschild and the House of Dan originating from Denmark, but was purely coincidence.

I am really looking forward to tie in more of the Propaganda campaign against Muslims to those conducted by the Nazi's in World War II.

Where and when we learned it's bad, I mean really, really bad to persecute whole races and religions on ethnic and religious lines.

Funny an organization known as the Anti-Defamation League sprung up here in America to promote that concept.

Isn't it strange that they now are in favor of persecuting an entire Religion and Ethnology.

I wonder how the heck that happened.

Of course if you want to suggest it's right to persecute all Muslims based on politics and religious idealogy, maybe we need to revisit the thinking from World War II that taught us it was bad to persecute the Judean Religion and People.

I love a good intellectual discussion.

Should we start on the failure of the Anti-Defemation League?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

with the current state of the economy of this country

the massive unemployement, people losing there homes

um yeah LETS make a " club" for all those rich folk.....

still doesnt fly for me

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

with the current state of the economy of this country

the massive unemployement, people losing there homes

um yeah LETS make a " club" for all those rich folk.....

Who do you think is going to built this mosq, er, um cultural center? It will provide jobs. It's a BIG job.

still doesnt fly for me

Thank god you aren't a pilot.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Lmfao.
So now this is a psy-op orchestrated by the US government to initiate a mass-hatred effect, same as Hitler did with the Reichstag, in order for the American public to be pissed at the average muslim?

Seriously, you guys, I know this is a conspiracy site and all, but your posts really scream "I'M A BASEMENT DWELLER - HAVN'T GONE OUT FOR MONTHS" (without trying to insult).

I mean.. you are talking as if it is a globally known fact that 9/11 was an inside job (...), comparing US government to the Nazi reign of terror, ussing piss-poor analogies, and then you have the nerve to call someone else, anyone else, a troll?
It's just a matter of time before the idiocy hits another level, be it slamming the blame on some "evil Zionist" conspiracy or some scheme by the CIA or the global elite, then you'll start saying how this and that are reptiloids and there you have it - another POLITICAL thread on ATS gone to the #-house.

You people seriously need to stop trying so hard to 'wake up' or 'seek the truth'. All you do is embarrass yourselves.

To stay alittle ON-TOPIC, there is a simple question I must ask: Is there anyone in here that will not agree that simply moving this project to a less-sensitive area will simply solve this whole conflict?
I mean, (supposing this isn't a psy-op, and it's not) if the whole intention of this mosque is to show how nice, tolerant, and peacful can the Islamic religion be, why not just move it? Why not peacful and tolerant and not insist on building this thing where the public does not want to see it?

Not asking to build a church in Mecca, or a USA memorial site in Tehran - but simply to move the mosque project away from ground zero so it would not be messing up with people's (let alone survivors or victims' families) feelings.

Is that seriously such a big deal?
If agreed, will it not be a proof of tolerance?

Is anyone really convinced that by trying to show the American public how tolerant Islam can be, the best move to do so is to insist on building a mosque in a sensitive area where obviously the majority of the American public do not want it there?

*My personal opinion - the best move is just to shut the # up. Be a beneficial member of society, or at-least a law abiding citizen (not saying American muslims aren't). Building an unwanted mosque in an unwanted location is NOT a sane way to try and get along.
If you're too stupid not to realise that, atleast don't be too stupid not to realise when it's needed to simply move the project to a different location, and then try to fit in society through Islam-related issues as much as you'd like. Personally I think the whole idea of trying to explain yourself through religion is #ed up no matter what is your religion, but meh.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by explosivo]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by explosivo

I mean, (supposing this isn't a psy-op, and it's not) if the whole intention of this mosque is to show how nice, tolerant, and peacful can the Islamic religion be, why not just move it?

Perhaps you've missed the bit where the imam has had a mosque about a half-mile away from this site for 27 years, and his congregation has outgrown the current space?

Why should they have to leave the neighborhood they've been in for that long?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Why should they have to leave the neighborhood they've been in for that long?

I can answer that.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Originally posted by intrepid
Impressive number.

12.9% It is imprseeive.

real Estate News Deal Watch Submit a Deal
Events Video Premium Membership August 06, 2010 11:11 AM
Vacancy rates way up in downtown (again)

(The Real Deal) -- Vacancy rates rose sharply downtown, while they declined in midtown in July, according to a new report from Jones Lang LaSalle. The vacancy rate downtown rose to 12.9% from 12.1%, largely due to the addition of more than 1 million square feet of former Goldman Sachs space at its former headquarters at 85 Broad St., as well as more than 500,000 square feet of space at 70 Pine St. In midtown the overall vacancy rate fell to 13%, down 0.2 points from June and well below the peak of 14.3%.
www.crainsnewyork.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Not a club. A thirteen-story YMCA-style community center including...

o prayer space, sports facilities,
o publicly accessible meeting rooms
o auditorium
o theatrical programming
o resources for children with disabilities

For Americans.

Raul has been Imam of Masjid al-Farah, a New York City mosque just blocks away from Ground Zero since 1983.

Also, more about the imam here www.muslimreviewonline.net...:Abdul_Rauf%2C_Feisal

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Perhaps you've missed the bit where the imam has had a mosque about a half-mile away from this site for 27 years, and his congregation has outgrown the current space?

By all means if anyone is planning on moving this project another half a mile, I'll support that idea. Especially if that guy had a mosque back then in that location (half a mile away from the site you say..?)

Anything less than that is simply taunting the public by building an unwanted mosque in a sensitive location.

It seems like NY governor likes the idea of moving the project:
www.washingtonpost.com...

Unfortunately I havn't heard a word about moving anything anywhere, nothing besides poorly explained justifications for "why you shouldn't blame the actions of 19 men on an entire religion/race"

or "why it is morally wrong for the american public to deny a mosque"

I don't care about neither of the questions, the first one being totally blown away in terms of proportions.

Just #ing move the thing away from WTC so people won't be so pissed. Not that hard.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by explosivo]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
By the way, isn't it nicer to have a discussion revolving un-offensive opinions and ideas without anyone comparing anything to Nazi Germany?

For crying out loud, PLEASE stop doing that in order to keep these discussions clean.

link   

And what has the vacancy rate have to do with square footage? Are you saying that we should demolish certain parts of existing buildings that are unoccupied? They need land, not offices here and there. Looks like we're picking up where we left off last night.

link   
reply to post by explosivo

HAS a mosque. How far is far enough away? Hmm? None of these places want mosques or centers either. Seeing a problem yet?

Tennessee

California

Georgia

Kentucky

Wisconsin

Illinois

SheepsheadBay, Brooklyn

Midland Beach, Staten Island, in New York City

We've already discussed the governor. Read the thread, then comment. Rehashing things is so tedious.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by explosivo
By all means if anyone is planning on moving this project another half a mile, I'll support that idea. Especially if that guy had a mosque back then in that location (half a mile away from the site you say..?)

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

He has a mosque a half mile away. The space he has there is, I believe, a storefront mosque; there's no way they could build a community center there.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

i know its not a club just used it as a euphemism

the thing isnt built yet

its not like "websites dreams" never change

look at how many things that were said that how the ground zero project

none of those ideas ever materialized

the original opening date for mr imams "club med" another euphemism there

was originally on 9-11 on however long it will take to build it........

but has since changed

if that little piece of information doesnt may you take a step and pause and reflect then....... well i dont know

[edit on 12-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
neo, that was NEVER the opening date. That was a RUMOR. You sound like you've never heard this before. Do you bother reading links people post? Or do you just keep repeating the same things over and over despite that.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

He has a mosque a half mile away. The space he has there is, I believe, a storefront mosque; there's no way they could build a community center there.

Are you sure you stated that right? Are you sure it isn't a mosque?

.. well i dont know

That I can agree with.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

i remember a certain someone saying " dont trust" links their all biased

or something to the effect.

"A mosque rises over Ground Zero. And fed-up New Yorkers are crying, "No!"

A chorus of critics -- from neighbors to those who lost loved ones on 9/11 to me -- feel as if they've received a swift kick in the teeth.

Plans are under way for a Muslim house of worship, topped by a 13-story cultural center with a swimming pool, in a building damaged by the fuselage of a jet flown by extremists into the World Trade Center.

The opening date shall live in infamy: Sept. 11, 2011. The 10th anniversary of the day a hole was punched in the city's heart.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

newyork post prints rumors. ok so i wont beleive that anymore

[edit on 12-8-2010 by neo96]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join