It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons Is Dead

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conluceo

I find this highly suspicious, in my opinion that's a serious cause for concern to those living around the Gulf of Mexico.

That man shed a lot of light on BP's fraud.

Matt Simmons, was the one who was recommending the use of a nuke to seal the sea floor because the sea floor was fractured in different places beyond repair.

Well, he's silent now.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

Here's the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.of norml
That so many are willing to shrug it off as "another old man dying" is kind of creepy on a site that is supposed to question the "story as told".
FWIW I know personally of 4murders and a car bombing her in the PNW over a fridge full of breast milk headed to an independent lab to confirm forestry toxins contaminating the forest indwellers water and environment.
No link as these things are NOT covered here and any "Matt Simmons who raises a voice is first harrassed by HS and then either neutralized as a "soft kill" with night time over flights of direct spray until too sick to fight or Killed outright as over 1/3 of my former neighbors have been in the last ten yrs.
So yeah ya'll can doubt the reason behind this man's death as natural but isn't it the least bit strange the most noted critic has died NOW? Don't some of you look at the whole picture? Media balckout/brownout, obvious deception on the clean up, magical dissapearing oil, big questions remaining that we are even seeing the correct well on the live feeds,A large handfull of varying stories about the volume and scope of the gusher, and the guy with the most to say about it up and dies.
Granted the pic of him does not look like the picture of robust health and natural causes are likely, HOWEVER, taking it at face value is closing the book on another very real possibility. That he was whacked to shut his mouth.
As I said I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN when little people get too close to hurting a big corp.A mysterious fire the night before the samples were to ship and a family with four children is dead, the fire inspector investigating is dead at the scene inexplicably and the case closed. The person who coordinated the gathering of milk samples had their car bombed and is now in virtual hiding somewhere in the midwest.
Having had this happen in my life makes me say do not be quick to dismiss another scenario that is much darker than an old guy and a heart attack.

As for the info I gave, while it does deserve a post of it's own I am a "soft kill" from the area and fear that changing to a "hard kill" so only will obliquely talk about it.The guy who took my place as mouthpiece is dying right now of liver disease and never drank or drugged his whole life, He and I are on the F/U list for travel by air. IMO ANYONE bucking the system and getting somewhere is a target and their life is the whim of the PTB.
Bible calls them "powers and principalities" I just call them coporations.
Finally the cuop de grace I said I was "soft killed" for making big waves for the timber corps, right? within 3 months of pissing them off first my 21yr old had a "heart attack" and flatlined in front of me but was revived and has largely recovered. In 2 more weeks my 10 yr old son did the same. A week later I seized and had a heat attack at 42. So if I am a bit more suspicious about this you know why.
Any questions for more info about this U2U only, please.
I hope my example of crossing a big corp is helpfull and not a derail of this post
N.

N.of Norm, excellent post. I'm kind of appalled by how so many want to dismiss the BP spill as over and put it away.

It's not over by a long shot. We are only at the very beginning of this catastrophe, by the time the sheeple understand that something is very,very wrong with things in the Gulf, a lot of people will have sickened & died.

And even then, most will refuse to believe it was intentional.

I am very sorry about your personal tragedies. What a way to wake up.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by soleprobe
If he had any potential to cause trouble he wouldn’t be on MSNBC or any other corporate controlled news outlet. BP, mainstream press and the federal government are the same entity.

What?

I really do not understand what you are saying.

I watched him repeatedly giving BP bad press. Bad press is bad press.

Name one mainstream news outlet that has not been giving BP any “very very very very bad press.”

How would that negate what I said?

Name one alternative news outlet that has not been giving BP any “very very very very bad press.”

Again, how does that negate what I said?

So if the result of his death gives him more credibility in the minds of the plebes who drink the Kool-Aid provided by MSM, then his death supports and enhances the fear mongering agenda. But in my mind, his death doesn’t give his word any more credibility.

Even if the MSM said they discovered that he had a private super sub that could evade US Navy Special Forces I still wouldn’t believe anything that comes out of that corporate soapbox.

Ah, I see. You are looking for an argument I was not having. I see plenty of other posters in this thread that want to play with you. Go bug them with this crap.

And Simmons wasn't giving the USUAL bad press to BP that you could hear from any MSM commentator, "Sloppy, reckless incompetent, insensitive BP!"

No, Simmons was very specific that there were more serious leaks that would destroy the Gulf unless dealt with. He was very specific that this would cost one TRILLION dollars for BP to clean up, IF they were able to seal the OTHER leaks.

I would say BP had excellent reasons for shutting Simmons up permanently.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Oil Disaster Mysteries
Solved - Simmons Right - Vid
8-6-10
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

www.rense.com...

I don't know if all 4 videos have been posted together befor but if not here they are....

and this too: From Rense home page

was Matt Simmons removed because of this?

kingworldnews.com...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Danbones]

Danbones, thanks so much for this info! This is what I was looking for! Isn't it amazing that the MSM have left all this info out. Is anyone reading this still confused as to why there was a news blackout in the Gulf?

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
I wonder if his death has anything to do with the last story Matt Simmons was pushing?

The basics of what he was contending since july is that BP has not actually capped the well that exploded but rather a secondary well that BP gave up on months ago.

Here is an article convering the "theory".
Land Surveyor Proves Simmons Right: TV well sham.

This site has screen shots showing the BP rov's a great distance from the exploded wellhead, along with instructions on how to check their location yourself. Scroll a bit down the page to have a look see.
What Really Happened

You can have a look at all the ships in the area yourself at Marine Traffic.

The location of the BP wells:

WELL #A (The failed well)
Latitude 28.738132500000003
Longitude -88.36592777777777

WELL #B (This is where the rig exploded)
Latitude 28.73778527777778
Longitude -88.36682805555554

You guys think this story might be connected to Simmons death?

Excellent info, Shark_Feeder, this is exactly what BP was covering up.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zvezdar
IMO a natural death seems a more logical conclusion than any foul play. If he was really a thorn in their side they could have got rid of him ages ago.

From my perspective, a heart attack is entirely consistent with what has been happening with Simmons over the past few months. He made some extraordinary claims, basically staking his reputation on those claims. A reputation he had built up over a long period of time.

However, the evidence suggests that he got it very wrong. The leak is more or less under control, and the bottom kill is likely to be successful (as far as things stand now). These is no evidence for his plumes or a larger, secondary leak. There isnt large volumes of oil washing up everywhere, and this isnt the end of the Gulf of Mexico.

If i had staked everything on some very public claims, and everything pointed to me being wrong (and therefore my reputation ruined), i'd be pretty stressed out. He was probably very stressed out for months now. Combine that with his age, and that he doesnt look in the best of health, and a natural death doesnt look at all out of place here.

I think murder is too long a bow to draw.

And your info, Zvezdar, is just what BP wants you to believe. You need to look at the links here that lead to the documents. BP drilled two wells in Macondo. The TV camera was on abandoned Well A, this is the one they sealed. Well B is the one that exploded and is still leaking. They did NOT fix Well B because they don't know how. Simmons was right all along.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Please verify that information for yourself, don't just accept the information as given. The ships and equipment are actually very close (less than 1/2 mile, closer to the well than to the seafloor) to the damaged well. I suppose you expect them to be right "on top"of the well but there really is no reason for that to be the case. Anyway, they are not 5 to 7 miles away, where Simmons claimed the "second leak" is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7b5d89c9b2d.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I take the multiple well-head leak as conjecture. That said, there a few things to take into account here:

1. The multiple well-heads, going by the coordinates and as best as I can measure, are within a few hundred feet of each other.

2. If Simmons was correct in his accusations, this would imply that the other larger leak was not that of the other well-head - but had other geological implications.

3. If Simmons was correct about the large leak being miles away and that BP was conspiring to allude the public that no such thing existed - then it stands to reason that they wouldn't position their crisis fleet above the larger unreported leak. Perhaps the ROVs have a very long range (we know that it's a least a mile, because that's how far down the reported leak is.

4. If Simmons was incorrect about the distance of the unreported leak from the reported leak, and the larger leak was actually "Well A", then the BP fleet would also be just above "Well A" (as well as the reported leaking "Well B").

Of course this is all speculation. But that's why I'm on ATS

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sorry to pop in to a thread that is already pretty deep into it, but I only realized it was here after I learned of his death elsewhere and did a search. In the article I was reading, it stated that the 'official' version is he died of a heart attack even though the first reports were of a drowning:

International Business Times

Oil expert and BP critic Matt Simmons suddenly dies

There are conflicting reports about the cause of death. Some media cite police reports saying the cause was a heart attack. However, according to WLBZ-TV in Maine, the Knox County Sheriff's Department said Simmons drowned at his house oi North Haven late Sunday night.

That seems pretty suspicious to me. Although I suppose if he had a heart attack while in his pool, I can understand the conflicting reports.

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not and there's 9 pages for me to sort through and I really don't feel like trekking through all of them

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am saddened also, so I went to "Bloomberg" trusted and respected.

Their article states that he was found dead in his hot tub, said an emergency responder.

Not the pool.

The medical examiner said cause of death was drowning. Not easy to do in a hot tub, unless you have a heart attack, stroke or bump your head on the edge.

But those possible causes have not been released. It is early on in the investigation though.

It is odd that on June 16th (the midst of the BP disaster) he suddenly announced his retirement from Simmons and Co to focus on the Ocean Energy Institute, and now he is found dead in the hot tub.

I WILL be looking for any forensic report regarding his death.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
reply to post by Xcathdra

Perhaps that would be the case with some members of this site.

However, I'm more aligned with the data that is available to me and drawing logically sound conclusions (or even conjecture) from it.

If no reports of foul-play regarding the autopsy nor any reports of Simmons recent active surface that would give credence to his suspicious demise, then I wouldn't continue to give credence to any theory regarding it.

All I'm saying really, is pay attention to the situation. If nothing seems peculiar or out of the ordinary, very well, move along... However, if suspicion continues to mount - Well then, we've already got a thread for it

I understand what you are saying, and have no issues with people paying closer attention if something doesnt seem right. To clarify though he didnt die in a swimming pool, he had a heart attack while sitting in his hottub. The Knox County coroner is the entity that determined cause of death, and as of yet I have not found anything that could allow to call into question their results. In addition the guy was 67 years old... I am curious what his health history is.

I also see people are now talking about the plane crash in Alaska that had Sen. Stevens and former NASA administrator Okeefe on board. I am not sure how that would be linked into this.....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

See my post above yours. Apparently they ARE calling it a heart attack and I said it seemed suspicious to say heart attack vs. drowning but then admitted that it is possible if he had a heart attack while in the water. Great minds think alike

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Anything is possible, including that his death is a coincidence. There's no mention of whether he was alone, in the hot tub with wife, or family about etc.... I see no reason to rule out foul play as a possibility.

I had the impression that the deep water coverup had been handled by the media, so why whack the guy? It's not like he had more power than the media....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Another top man linked to BP dead
BOTH MEN HAD TIES TO BP AND DIED WITHIN ! DAY OF EACH OTHER.....

Former Republican U.S. Senator Ted Stevens was aboard a plane that
crashed in Alaska, a congressional source told Reuters on Tuesday.

The Associated Press also reports that former NASA
Administrator, Sean O'Keefe, was on board, but survived.

Google Ted Stevens BP and learn about his connections. He knew about BP fudging on safety tests and received lots of money from BP....

Read more: gazbom.blogspot.com...

[edit on 10-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yes. We know.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's probably coincidence....but it does make you pause..

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I had read your post prior to posting mine- I am stating what the medical examiner stated (in the Bloomberg article) drowning!

There are 3 sources at the bottom of the article (that I probably should have clicked on and read) before posting..

As you see I am new at this as well as fascinated, so now I will check their source.

BBS

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker63
IMHO, this is just too nice and neat, to have the one credible voice of opposition silenced in the Gulf catastrophy. I fear everything he said and asserted is going to be proven true and what is happening is beyond most people's comprehension. Truth-tellers beware, M./ Simmons, Rest in Peace.

A dead man is a silent man. Unless we speak for him. Thank god his book is published and will hopefully get an increase in sales as a result of his death.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join