It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons Is Dead

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
An investment banker who yammered about geology and oil drilling technology (and a lot of other stuff he knew nothing about) had a heart attack.

Thats about all the facts that are presented here so far.
Like someone else said too, its not impossible to die from heart-attack at 67. Perhaps digging into how he ate, lived, etc would help find the truth of this.
If he was a life-long jogger with a record of being at the gym and in outstanding health at 67, maybe i'd be inclined to believe it might be the boogey-man. However its not proof this was foul-play either. He could very well been healthy and died of heart-attack.

I know its suspicious but thats all it really is right now.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Makes one wonder how far they will go are WE put on a list for flagging this thread they use later when the snitch state is in full effect!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
WOW I just watched this guys video 2 days ago!!!

His interview afrom july 21 i believe
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79

But I would like to see more conversation...anyone got any bright, unconventional ideas? This whole "he was old" vs "he was murdered," while the main point of the thread, is getting a bit stale. Lets push the envelope here.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by SubPop79]

Unconventional? Ok, I'll play. What if he knew he didn't have much time left due to heart disease and offed himself in such a way to make it look like BP did it? Leaving all the conspiracy folk to shout "murder most foul."

Do I believe that? No. I think he had a heart attack and drowned in his hot tub. But consider the envelope pushed.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iamfascinated

You see it is an easy 'excuse' to use to say he didn't look good. But you see when steinbrenner died he looked healthy for his age. You wouldn't expect him to have a heart attack and die. I bet they find some strange chemical in his body and then the culprits managed to push him into the spa to die.

But hey right now it is all speculation.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Starling

Is David Kelly the one that Thom Yorke (of Radiohead) wrote the song Harrowdown Hill about?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
His 'temporal' flesh may have been recycled though his Soul/spirit (what have U) is in a better place. Those that are responsible are doomed to live a life of fear, paranoia, most probable prosecution in multiple ways, daily 'unseen' torture, possible assassination.....though their souls are to suffer a much worse fate.

There is much fear in the world today among the perpetrators and instigators of crime among their fellow man. There is also much fear among the subjects/slaves of the society they found themselves thrust into since birth unto this purgatorial 'rock'.

If you are 'Good' unto your neighbors, they will most likely reciprocate your good deeds by natural design, an intelligent one.

Don't fear the temporal flesh for it is quite short when compared to one's Soul~span.

This man deserves to be saluted for his endeavors unto his fellow man.
He is in good standing with the Creator; this is what matters in his End as well as yours.

It is understandable how a man could be misled (As.....) to do the bidding of another under false pretense, false intelligence, false motive etc. It is quite another matter when a man knows what he is doing and just 'why' he is doing it.

If one finds themselves 'stressed' in their daily lives, they are clearly in the wrong. If one finds themselves glowing and warm inside.....as one who just made love to a significant other under the right pretense, they are in the right. This is all the proof one needs. One's Soul can either empower one's physical form/being or disempower one's.....mere existence.

Love conquers all.
You/We have a choice.
Always have.

Please, just "Do the Right Thing".
It is in your own interest as that of your neighbor.
The "Golden Rule" was for a Reason, a 'Good One'.
Good Night and may you sleep in peace?
Your choice; you have always had a choice.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Dying of a heart attack at 67 in a hot tub is not what you call suspicious.

It is not uncommon for a person to die while having a hot bath.
Now if this person had been like 37 or even 47 then maybe.

28% of all deaths in America are due to Coronary Heart Disease.
Data Source: National Center for Health Statistics
National Vital Statistics Reports March 7, 2005

So 1 in 4 ATS members will die from the above....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

To kind of add on with a solid example of what you are saying, does anyone remember Jim Fixx?
From Wikipedia, not verbatim:
Jim Fixx, age 52 at death, was credited with helping start America's fitness revolution, popularizing the sport of running and demonstrating the health benefits of regular jogging. Best selling author of the 1977 book, The Complete Book of Running."

Anyway, Fixx died from a heart attack, which was a giant shock to the fitness community because they assumed with his supposedly healthy lifestyle that it would be impossible for him to die of a heart attack. Stress was thought to be a major factor in his heart attack.

I would assume that Matt Simmons was under a considerable more bit of stress over the last few months than he has been in who know how long.

Also, a 67 year old man in a hot tub during the middle of summer seems like a recipe for disaster anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
reply to post by Xcathdra

There aren't many people saying this was murder... I think most people's sentiment is that without an impartial autopsy, there can be not facts or sources claimed - indicating either natural causes or otherwise.

I think the point most are making, well at least the point I was making, is that here we have a very high-profile opponent against BP - He even goes so far as to implicate BP in a conspiracy, alleging they were hiding the true leak. Those are some far-fetched claims indeed, but this was not a far-fetched man..

Matt Simmons was a standing member of the National Petroleum Council and the Council on Foreign Relations - He was credible and was making some very damning claims against BP.

If Matt Simmons were to die at any time, this particular time would seem to be the most peculiar time for him to do so... So of course, there are going to be questions asked and interests piqued.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by misinformational]

Makes some sense.. I guess my point is, it would serve no purpose to "kill him" now. Doing so would only bring uneeded attention towards the possible groups. BP dumped a lot of money for clean up and damage control. Would have been esier to do it sometime back, or sometime in the future when less people are watching the headlines with anything oil attached to it. Factor in the congressioanl inquiries, state investigations for damage, various federal agencies, etc, etc.

Just seems, imo, that people automatically went for the conspiracy theory here.

I guess the other issue is what would people consider an indpendent autoopsy? No matter how you look at it, its either going to be a:

- government coverup because the coroner / M.E. works for the government
- conspircy coverup if someone else pays for it, going along the lines of whoever fronts the cash will get the autopsy results they "paid" for.
- Any investiagtion done is going to appear to be a coverup when the result is death by natural causes.

and im not knocking on anyone, just saying we see to be the Olympic gold medalists of the 100 meter rush to judgment.

Plus, as a side note, there are easier ways to kill someone off without it showing up in an autopsy. Death by drowning would raise some very serious questions if it were something other than natural death (heart attack etc).

I am curious what his BAC level is, same with toxicology report. I wonder if they will find anything in his system that might have led to death by drowning as a secondary result of meds / other substance.

I think we should wait to see if they release autopsy results / police report before these questions are going to be adequately answered.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Also, why Matt Simmons? I can think of twenty other people who would be a better candidate to be silenced than Matt Simmons.

Like maybe, Anderson Cooper since he moved his show down to New Orleans for a couple of months. He seemed to do a fairly decent job of calling BP out. He made it a point every night to show that BP would daily turn down his request for an interview (my girlfriend likes to fall asleep with the tv on and she would usually do so to CNN for whatever reason).

Or James Carville who consistently characterized the oil spill as a "war" and that the Louisiana coast was "under attack" from BPs negligence. Carville was pissed because his homeland was being destroyed and was very upfront about it.

To most of the public, Matt Simmons was just a talking head that showed up every now and again on MSNBC. It just seems to me that there would be a lot more prominent people who would be higher up on the 'need to be silenced' list than Matt Simmons. It's just a thought, I may be wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikolam

None of the people you've listed have direct access to oil industry insider information.

Simmons was an insider and was undoubtedly more connected to people involved with the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

That is why - if he was - that is

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikolam

You are wrong.
You know.
So does ^
Good night?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Perhaps that would be the case with some members of this site.

However, I'm more aligned with the data that is available to me and drawing logically sound conclusions (or even conjecture) from it.

If no reports of foul-play regarding the autopsy nor any reports of Simmons recent active surface that would give credence to his suspicious demise, then I wouldn't continue to give credence to any theory regarding it.

All I'm saying really, is pay attention to the situation. If nothing seems peculiar or out of the ordinary, very well, move along... However, if suspicion continues to mount - Well then, we've already got a thread for it

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79I never gave much credence to the the conspiracy theories regarding the GoM Oil Spill, but I think this is proper cause for concern. It definitely makes all those claims a little more credible.

What say you?

After looking at BP's record over the past few months now, an assassination by these people wouldn't be any different for them than photoshopping the oil leak photos. BP is run by Liars and Scum.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

I realize that they are not industry insiders and Simmons may have (speculating) had inside information. What I was saying is that the two people I listed have been a bigger thorn in BP's side than Simmons and have bigger audience and platform, reaching more people than Simmons ever did. Also, both of them have said far more inflammatory things than anything I have heard Simmons say.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

What?

second line

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by N.of norml
That so many are willing to shrug it off as "another old man dying" is kind of creepy on a site that is supposed to question the "story as told".

Does that include the "story as told" on this site? Or are we supposed to just accept them without question?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Just seems, imo, that people automatically went for the conspiracy theory here...

and im not knocking on anyone, just saying we see to be the Olympic gold medalists of the 100 meter rush to judgment.

They went straight past theory to proclaimed case-closed, argument-over knowledge. Judging from the comments here, no matter what is found in the investigation, to some members it will be proof of Mr. Simmons was murdered.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikolam

There was a mouse once caught peering into an Xfce-WM.....though couldn't see out.

If this means something to you, then it means something to you.
If not, I suppose "I" could be 'Observing' out though about.

It happens time to time.
Carry on.....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join