It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons Is Dead

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Except all your claims of failed predictions are recent predictions, that may or may not be true.

When he predicted twilight in the desert, how many claimed that was pure hogwash, and still cling to that notion five years after the Saudi production began its decline?

We have other sources that say there is another leak, and even an official recognition that downplays the other leak.

We have yet to hear a report from the Thomas Jefferson Research Vessel, and there is always the possibility that a full disclosure will never happen.

Here is the reality. Simmons wrote a best seller that accurately predicted the demise of Saudi oil supplies. He has been an adviser to the POTUS, and a welcome guest on national talk shows. How many of you can boost this? In addition, he has a long and successful career working in the oil industry. Doesn't sound like the clueless idiot your clueless debunkers are trying to paint him out to be.

Unless you are out there on the Gulf making measurements, you know nothing more than the rest of us.

Simmons has proven that he knows something. Your claims of false predictions are all claims about recent predictions that have yet to play out. Unless you have some past stuff where it is clear he was wrong, you are just playing the game for the PTB in trying to discredit the man without any legitimate proof.

You people claiming that Simmons knew nothing about the oil industry, considering his long successful career in the field, are only making yourselves look bad.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Actually, many of the 'failed predictions' listed in that link have indeed come to pass, like 'BP would be insolvent by July 8, 2010.'

I mean, i agree he seemed to be right about SOME of his predictions. I'm just saying that his death seems to make ALL his claims legitimate in many people's eyes. And i dont agree.

thanks for responding without making too many 'you're nwo disinfo' blah blah balh.

be well.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Oh yeah, by the way, does this site er blogger, which does make claims about predictions that have yet to pass, making it less credible than more, have proof of these claims. Dates and sites where claimed statements were made?

This link on the link you provided uses as a source, which tells the tale.

theamericanzombie.blogspot.com...

Now I run across this Washington Post article where Joel Achenbach prints a quote from oil trading financial analyst, Matt Simmons as if he is an authority on emergency procedures:

Yeah, legitimate stuff. This guy says that this other guy says blah blah blah.

The blog is called "American Zombie".

How credible can this source be?

I don't know if what Matt Simmons said about the recent Gulf spill is correct, but to claim he didn't know what he was talking about considering his success in the field, is, well, you can fill in the blanks.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by poet1b]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The truth about the magnitude of the spill and coming consequences:

theyfly.com...

Regarding the state of the petroleum reserves:

www.theyfly.com...

How the Earth produces oil:

www.theyfly.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
REMINDER:

The topic of this thread is: Matt Simmons Is Dead NOT other members. All posts focusing on other members will be actioned.

Courtesy Is Mandatory - always.

[edit on August 17th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Dupe

[edit on August 17th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I just stumbled across this today and thought it was interesting.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I don't know if what Matt Simmons said about the recent Gulf spill is correct, but to claim he didn't know what he was talking about considering his success in the field, is, well, you can fill in the blanks.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by poet1b]

What I said was he has a history of failed predictions. I listed some for you.

This puts some context into the legitimacy of his predictions, imo, which was my only point.

Just because he's dead doesnt mean he was right. As many others have said, he may have just died.

And meanwhile, his track-record on predictions is hardly MVP material. And him dying doesnt change that.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join