It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons Is Dead

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why we aren't hearing anything on the news? I have seen him as a guest on almost all the major news channels....but I haven't heard anything.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Because no one knows who the crap Dan Simmons is except for people deep into BP oil spill chatter, which makes it not worth a network's time to report it. And if anyone reports on it, I wouldn't expect them to harp on the subject. I'm not saying that I approve of that, but that's the explanation that I believe is true. How much of the public both watches the news and retains information like the names of guests on news shows? I suspect it's not that high a percentage.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by bikeshedding]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

Its seem Simmons was in a hot tub and not a pool.

According to police reports, Simmons suffered a heart attack while in a hot tub at his home on North Haven. An autopsy is planned for today in Augusta

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

If i had staked everything on some very public claims, and everything pointed to me being wrong (and therefore my reputation ruined), i'd be pretty stressed out. He was probably very stressed out for months now. Combine that with his age, and that he doesnt look in the best of health, and a natural death doesnt look at all out of place here.

Its a very reasonable thinking, i like conspiracy theory, made me think outside the box, but in this case i have to agree with zvezdar.

Odd coincidence : Yes
suspicious : High
Things like that can happen : Yes
Murder or cover-up : I don't think so

He don't seem the most healthy guy on the planet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f64cc5fe5dc.jpg[/atsimg]

P.S : To the NSA or whatsoever 3 letters agency monitoring ATS : Hi dudes, how your illegal private life intrusion going today ?

[edit on 10/8/2010 by B3lz3buth]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
When I read this on my twitter feed yesterday I had to spend a few minutes finding my jaw on the floor of my car.

I couldn't believe it.

Call me a cynic but this was no accident.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
oh children - it's learning time

There's alot of press on this type of thing happening

heart attack hot tub

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I guess it's possible he could have had a heart attack. In hot tubs you have to sit down, so it's not like he could easily drown.

It's just sad, and the timing way too freaky.

Here's some other drownings that make you go hmmm....

Jun 7, 2009 Google founders' mentor Rajeev Motwani found dead in swimming pool ...
Oct 26, 2009 Jeffry Picower, Investor With Madoff, Found Dead in His Pool ...
Jun 26, 2010 State Representative Robert Nyman found dead in pool
Jun 27, 2010 Official Found Dead In Public Pool After Party - cbs2chicago.com
Aug 5, 2010 Cricket trainee found dead at Lucknow's Sports College pool

But what about those dart guns that can manufacture a heart attack without being detected?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
"They" don't kill some people with heart attacks, car crashes, plane crashes, overdoses, drownings, hangings in their Mom's toolshed, hangings in hotels dressed in drag, etc.......
because they knew something.

"They" do it because some people can prove something.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This has the same hallmarks as the David Kelly "suicide". Mr Kelly was the whistle blower who said that there were NO weapons of mass distruction inside Iraq before the US and UK invasion.

People like this often end up dead in myterious circumstances after they blow the whistle.

It's time these deaths were investigated.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

In a perfect world this would be true. Do you really think the government will allow the truth of his death to be told? They will get the right "coroner" in their and then bam they get the result that yes it was natural causes.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Jesus, does anyone know if he has family? Wife? Kids?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
Here we have the most publicly notable opponent of BP's transactions regarding Deepwater Horizon - Wasn't he even the one that claimed there was a MUCH larger spill going unreported.

And yet he wasn't publicly opposed to any great extent. The enviro-knee-jerks embraced him.

I, on the other hand, claiming that the Deepwater Horizon "environmental catastrophe" was nothing more than overblown enviro-hype, met NOTHING but public opposition.

In my experience, the TRUE position is ALWAYS the one that meets the MOST OPPOSITION. The FALSE position is ALWAYS embraced and welcomed.

So this guy had a heart attack in his hot tub. So what? I'll bet he was drinking, too, at the time. Overheating while under the influence of alcohol can kill your ass. What's the whole story?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by misinformational
Here we have the most publicly notable opponent of BP's transactions regarding Deepwater Horizon - Wasn't he even the one that claimed there was a MUCH larger spill going unreported.

And yet he wasn't publicly opposed to any great extent. The enviro-knee-jerks embraced him.

Play nice, enviro-knee jerk is pretty ignorantly worded and casts a your opinions in a bad light. You may want to consider there are other opinions which conflict with yours. Calling those that hold them names is childish and immature

I, on the other hand, claiming that the Deepwater Horizon "environmental catastrophe" was nothing more than overblown enviro-hype, met NOTHING but public opposition.

Text Yellow Oh! Ego, Oh! Hubris! Poor doc did not get embraced by the enviro-knee jerks. They MUST be stopped! LOL

In my experience, the TRUE position is ALWAYS the one that meets the MOST OPPOSITION. The FALSE position is ALWAYS embraced and welcomed.

So this guy had a heart attack in his hot tub. So what? I'll bet he was drinking, too, at the time. Overheating while under the influence of alcohol can kill your ass. What's the whole story?

— Doc Velocity

Broad generalizations, childish name calling, No wonder you aren't the media focus Simmons was and your jealousy does not make you right. Especially when you discount the effect of this situation it just makes you look foolish.
The mere fact that there are no clean-up workers left from the Valdez should scale this for you, but like most internet know it alls you would rather discount and deride others as "enviro-knee jerks" than face that your views are inconsistant with history and science. You scale this as a drop in a bucket so how many drops ARE acceptable Doc? At what point Is it a disaster? I am sure those living with the smell of petroleum have a completely different number than you come up with.
N.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I can't believe people are jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon - Matt Simmons

look at the list of notable transactions his little Investment bank did over the last wee while - the numbers beside them are BILLIONS...

Look at how many they have done with Transocean...destabilising BP would protect his investment. THIS MAN WAS NOT A WHISTLEBLOWER OUT OF THE GOOD OF HIS MONEY-GRABBING HEART...he was making sure his pockets remained lined.

A 67 year old with a drink problem dying of a heart attack...go figure!

Transocean Sedco Forex Acquisition of RB Falcon 8.9
Union Pacific Resources Group Merger with Anadarko Petroleum 7.0
Transocean Offshore Merger with Sedco Forex 3.6
Weatherford Enterra Merger into EVI 2.8
Weatherford International Acquisition of divisions from Precision Drilling 2.4
Plains All American Pipeline Acquisition of Pacific Energy Partners 2.4
Sonat Offshore Acquisition of Transocean ASA 1.7
Helix Energy Solutions Acquisition of Remmington Oil & Gas 1.3
Baroid Acquisition by Dresser Industries 1.1
Vetco Gray International Acquisition of ABB Oil & Gas 0.9
Weatherford International Sale of Compression business to Universal Compression 0.9
Four Sevens Oil Co. Ltd. Acquisition by Chesapeake Energy 0.8
Enterra Merger into Weatherford International 0.7
Eastman Christensen Acquisition by Baker Hughes 0.6
Nowsco Acquisition by BJ Services 0.6
Daniel Industries Inc. Acquisition by Emerson Electric Co. 0.5
J. Ray McDermott Acquisition by McDermott Intl. Inc. 0.5
Tidewater Acquisition of O.I.L. (from Ocean Group plc) 0.5
Dual Drilling Acquisition by ENSCO International 0.4
Greystone Petroleum Acquisition by Chesapeake Energy 0.4
Noble Drilling Acquisition of Neddrill (from Nedlloyd) 0.4
Pride Petroleum Services Acquisition of Forasol-Foramer NV 0.4
Teleco (Sonat) Acquisition by Baker Hughes 0.4
Tidewater Compression Acquisition by Castle Harlan 0.4
Warrior Energy Services Acquisition by Superior Energy Services 0.4

[edit on 11-8-2010 by stellify]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

How ignorant to quantify such.

The reality of any situation is NEVER dictated by the public's response to it. The reality of the situation only EVER lies in the facts - Unfortunately, without an autopsy we do not yet have all the facts. Just the EMT's assessment.

Regarding the oil spill: Do you dispute that Exxon-Valdez spill had far-reaching environmental impact (and still does today)?

That spill was estimated (on the high end) at 750,000 barrels. By contrast, the Deepwater Horizon spill is estimated at 5,000,000 barrels (on the low end).

Just how is that not an environmental disaster?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Found this today browsing through the news and thought I would add it to the thread. There are a couple videos on the link that might prove to be of interest as well, but it looks like Simmons was on to something sure enough. Yeah his death might have been a cooincidence, then again the timing is uncanny and Americans have a long, if not deluded, history of falling for 'magic bullets' and cooincidences.

Source
Ammunition fired from the petrochemical-military industrial complex (PMIC) Disinformation non-lethal weapon aimed at the American public and the world has been blocked at least momentarily by one man, a former land surveyor demonstrating Matt Simmons has been correct about the TV Gulf reporting sham and two wells. The surveyor presents the most damning evidence that the operation has been planned and orchestrated with expertise, as AC Griffith publicly stated this week.

The well that the reader sees on TV reports about the oil capping and other scenes are illusions. What the reader hears most talking heads say about the catastrophe is pacification and distraction. The surveyor calls it a "dog and pony show."...

In a series of four short videos (below), the unidentified land surveyor presents official BP public documents that he downloaded, compared to "live coverage" revealing the TV illusion. He explains in layman's terms what has transpired using BP surveyor maps and documents.

According to the public documents, not only are there the two wells Matt Simmons has insisted exist. The documents also reveal that the plan since the beginning of the operation has been to abandon both wells.

Simmons stated in July, "There is no way BP would not know they were misleading everyone," and, "They would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind and they're not. These are smart guys."

Mainstream corporate "news" reporters either did not uncover what a concerned citizen land surveyor did from public records, or, as such reporters failed to do during the 911 crimes and Hurricane Katrina, the PMIC sponsors did not allow these facts to be aired just as they blocked reporters.

He was probably right, and now he's dead. Heart attack drownings happen everyday...

Edit:
The EX tags are for crap, a snippet is one thing, but come on ATS, how are we supposed to quote from a source with three sentences, that's kind of ridiculous.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by twitchy]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So, in my understanding, Mr Simmon's has a known track record of failed predictions. Does his death somehow make these proven-to-be-false theories true in the Sommonsite's minds?

Wow. Guess i'll have a heart attack in the hot tub, and then all my theories about this planet being only 3000 years old will be true!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
The off topic bickering stops NOW.

Makes you want to turn the car around and just take 'em all back home, doesn't it?

Back to topic: That is pretty creepy.

I'm not usually the paranoid type, but if that guy posed a significant problem for BP (I said IF - I'm not familiar with him at all) then with billions of dollars on the line, that might be enough reason for some desperate people to do desperate things.

A couple of billion dollars is a lot of motive.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
So, in my understanding, Mr Simmon's has a known track record of failed predictions. Does his death somehow make these proven-to-be-false theories true in the Sommonsite's minds?

Wow. Guess i'll have a heart attack in the hot tub, and then all my theories about this planet being only 3000 years old will be true!

Please old wise one, enlighten us to all his failed predictions.

I'll wait right here.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

i am neither old nor wise.

mr simmons failed predictions are well documented.

his "natural gas cliff" prediction from the early 2000's comes to mind off the top of my head, but feel free to peruse some of the numerous sites that make what are, imo, very valid critiques of his mental capacity.

theenergycollective.com...

I'm not really saying I know one way or the other. i'm only saying that him dying doesnt automatically make everything he said true.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join