It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Concept of Wealth!(and why its wrong)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sumdumguy

Congratulations to you. However does that mean the people without these things cannot be wealthy?

"The Concept of Wealth!(and why its wrong)"

Well you have just given your "concept of wealth." Is that wrong too?

I'm sure everyone's concept of wealth is different be it metaphorical, spiritual or material.

But if you want to talk about the definition of wealth then you are wrong I'm afraid. Fortunate maybe a better description.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sumdumguy

No its not pointless im bringing to light the fact that just because im not a billionaire does not make me un-wealthy. I am saying why do we have the constant need to label things. =] We are all wealthy just in different ways!

It is pointless. If everyone's 'definition' differs from yours, then it has no point in discussion. If I see a cat, but you call it a tree, what's the point in conversing? You say you're wealthy, because of you definition, and I say you're not wealthy, because of my definition.

If all you're trying to do is prove that everyone has their own realities, you could have done that without posting on this board. It's a non-issue. If you're here to debate the actual contexts, and reasoning behind the term 'wealth' in the English language, maybe you should try a linguistics forum.

edit to add:

Being a billionaire makes you rich, not wealthy. When inflation hits, that paper means nothing.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I've always pondered the need to amass "wealth". You are often judged by how much you make, how much you save and how much you spend. Wars are fought over wealth, 9 times out of 10 fights with spouses are money related. Yet people who have little to nothing yet are insanely happy are often looked at with envy... why? I think that it's because the accumulation of wealth is a fake concept, a trap if you will, and those who have freed themselves (the happy ones) are really to be envied and subconsciously we know it. Yes from the dawn of civilized man, we have bartered for things we need... key word being NEED.

Personally, I long for the ideals of Star Trek and when our knowledge is shared and the accumulation of wealth is no longer the driving force of man.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Perhaps

Those with the most

are the neediest?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I agree with you in part, but I think one thing is missing. I have all those things you describe yet have very limited ability to help spread the wealth. This is due to my lack of money. Our society stops us from spreading our wealth, as you put it, by creating monetary roadblocks. For me to be truly happy I must be spreading my wealth to others, and without money to travel, to eat, to make myself appear sane in the eyes of others so that they may listen I have to have stuff. Absurd world we live in.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

It doesnt cost a dime to walk down the street and smile at someone and wave. =] that is enough to make someones day! I would rather someone walk up to me and say hi and give me a few nice words with a smile rather than hand me a few dollars lol I have money and a decent job but i dont need t to make me happy I use my salary to pay for my bills and keep a little extra for use on my survival shelter out in the stix xD and a little for my wife and daughter to go shopping with and the other 1/4 or 1/3 of my salary is donated to charity because i dont need it and i know there are people out there it can help(in america) not that i dont want to help other countries its just that my country comes first.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Something funny is people always remark on my smile.
Smile. They say... you look better.
I don't always feel like smiling but I find that a smile is really a contagious thing and makes other people smile too.
I have always tried to be brave in the most dangerous situations and can manage a smile no matter what.
I have no fear of death... so the smile comes easy.
This action of relaxing seems to make the situation, no matter what, a little better.
Smiles travel faster than frowns. I know this for a fact.
Frowns take a while to catch on, people doubt and hesitate, while a smile is infectious and is adopted quick.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Smiles FTW!....

well... (second line) i dont really have anything to add to the above post so ill wait for more =D good post

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Thank you for the peace my friend, if only for a moment. Sometimes I really feel as if I am chased by a pack of dogs.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

thats ATS for ya xD for every 1 that agrees with you there are 10 that want you to dive infront of a bus. I always learned to respect people no matter what their position on something(although i dont follow it 24/7 but i try) xD

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sumdumguy

thats ATS for ya xD for every 1 that agrees with you there are 10 that want you to dive infront of a bus. I always learned to respect people no matter what their position on something(although i dont follow it 24/7 but i try) xD

Let's post this... and see if other people... follow suit.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Lol id post on it im taking care of m daughter atm so I cant make the thread atm but ya we would get people on there like RESPECT?! WTF IS THAT?! YOU CALLING ME SOMETHING?! xD

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join