It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerned about China's rise, Southeast Asian nations build up militaries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Concerned about China's rise, Southeast Asian nations build up militaries

www.washingtonpost.com

The nations of Southeast Asia are building up their militaries, buying submarines and jet fighters at a record pace and edging closer strategically to the United States as a hedge against China's rise and its claims to all of the South China Sea.

Weapons acquisitions in the region almost doubled from 2005 to 2009 compared with the five preceding years, according to data released by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Think this rise came out of nowhere? Nope. It happened while everyone was so focused on the Middle East.

One theory in the "new" focus on Asia is a result of one faction of TPTB (the CFR contingent) is warring with another (the PNAC/neocon/Zionist contingent).

The CFR faction aligns with and/or controls the Clintons, Bush-41, Obama to name a few. They are pushing the geopolitical focus to Asia. They want us out of the Middle East and feel that Asia is where our redemption and our challenges lie.

Where has our Secretary of State Clinton been spending more time? Where did her husband and Bush-41 focus? Why does the N. Korean issue always flair up when the Iranian issue does? Think about that. It makes some sense.

The PNAC/neocon/Zionist faction aligns with and controls Bush-43, Lieberman, among others. They feel our redemption and our challenges lie in the Middle East and that our "investments" there need to be protected and expanded at all costs. This was evidenced in how little focus was placed on Asia in the past decade, during the Bush administration.

The balance of power between these two factions shifts slightly but in not limited to who is in the White House as Commander in Chief. Right now, the CFR has it.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Another thing:

It was the globalist elite that built up the Chinese PLA, so that China would be the new regional superpower.

They control both sides, remember?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Excellent! I posted a thread a while back on exactly this issue. China already is THE new superpower and alreadys owns/pwns the U$ of A! Its a done deal and it's to late to stop it now!

Here is why...

Next Elections lets Vote 1 China OK! (by OmegaLogos) [ATS]

And more specific to this threads raised issues...

Relevant post from the above linked thread (by OmegaLogos) [ATS]

Relevant ATS thread...

Submarine Arms Race in the Pacific (by Mdv2) [ATS]

Relevant MSM article...

China, S.Korea Flex Naval Muscle as U.S. Wanes [english.chosun.com]

Personal Disclosure: The ONLY way these countries can save themselves is To Go be One with China early!!! It's also the only way the USA can save itself now as well!
In fact, the USA is already China except in name!

Edited a single grammatical fail [lack of a spacing] and to also S&F!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Absolutely. Good addition. Warring subfactions WITHIN TPTB and all. They have their differences. We can take advantage of that sometimes and go with the lesser evil. Like for now GET OUT of more mess in the Middle East and Central Asia.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks for posting those additional links.

I was hesitant to add the additional links and related threads because apparently there's a glitch in ATS with this.

In fact, I just spent over 30 minutes writing up a similar analysis for India that vanished into the vapor. I know better than to type directly into these damn boxes. Mad at self because that was a REALLY good analysis too.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Similar story here , but with a slightly different and more accurate slant to it :

"While strengthening its strategic control of the outstretched chain, the United States has also actively worked to extend the network of Asia-Pacific security alliances under its domination to the Indian Ocean and even to the Persian Gulf to join the southward-extending NATO.

"To expedite implementation of this strategy, Washington has promoted active participation of its traditional allies in the anti-terror war, and prompted them to co-ordinate its anti-proliferation moves and support its ambitious missile defence system."

The preceding year an unsigned item appeared in China Daily which stated "The United States is designing a NATO-like multilateral military mechanism for Asia to better serve its own strategic interests....Washington's basic purpose for closer ties with India and an Asian version of NATO is to extend its status as the world's sole superpower." [10]

When the seventh of what had become annual U.S.-India Malabar naval war games expanded to include Australia, Japan and Singapore in 2007, Indian journalist Praful Bidwai wrote: "The naval exercises...are the largest and the most complex that India has ever participated in and feature as many as 25 ships from India, United States, Australia, Japan and Singapore....China...sees India’s military collaboration with staunchly pro-U.S. states like Australia and Japan and Singapore, and above all, with the U.S. itself, as an attempt to set up what it calls 'an Asian NATO', and eventually, to encircle it." [11]

What in fact the U.S. is doing to complete its status as history's first sole world military superpower, as its commander-in-chief Barack Obama referred to it in his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech, is to not only drag almost all Asia-Pacific nations into a military bloc analogous to NATO, but to integrate the East into a global military alliance with NATO as the foundation. [12]

As was remarked above, since the end of the Cold War the U.S. has incorporated almost all of Europe into the North Atlantic military bloc it controls. Every European nation (excluding microstates) except for Cyprus (for the moment, though it is also under pressure to join the Partnership for Peace) is now a member of NATO or part of the Partnership for Peace and even more advanced programs. 38 European nations have provided the bloc with troop contingents of varying size for the war in Afghanistan.

Having subjugated Europe, Washington moved onto Asia, Oceania, Africa and the Middle East with the Caribbean and Latin America slated to follow. In short, the entire planet.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Damn.. Thought stupid americans learned back in 75 when they left vietnam they arent wanted or welcome.. Even thailand recently told the u.s not to meddle in thai affairs.. But sadly there are a few u.s puppets here - singapore, taiwan, s. korea, japan.. Damn wish u.s would mind its own bloody business.. Yankees go home lah..

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Wow. Thanks.

If by more accurate you mean more details at a lower level to support the goings on rather than a more big-picture generalist description that more people like me can relate to...ok.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

In fact, I just spent over 30 minutes writing up a similar analysis for India that vanished into the vapor. I know better than to type directly into these damn boxes. Mad at self because that was a REALLY good analysis too.

Tip: Always copy and paste what you typed before posting, so if the post vanishes, you can post what you write again just by pasting. It's what I do.

I look forward to reading your analysis on your new India thread, I do enjoy your posts.

Back to the topic.

China has some way to go before it can project it's power fully because it has to expand it's blue water fleet.

One question I think which will be the test of the US waning in the Asia region will be Taiwan, and whether the US would be willing to go to war with China for Taiwan should China gain the power to do so.

My instinct is no, as long as the Chinese operation against Taiwan is swift, as the longer it goes on, the greater condemnation. I think the US will protest, send some warships, but not engage, at least not fully.

Starting WW3 over Taiwan? No. Besides, I believe Taiwan will soon have a similar status as Hong Kong within China soon enough. China is rich and big and powerful, and Taiwan want a piece of the cake and want in with the possible condition that they have a certain degree of difference in system as seen in Hong Kong.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

china is ripe for implosion they have been consistant with there failures and they are at the peak of what there design can reach they will never be a world superpower as feared a hundred years ago they were the number two economic force and then as always they failed miserably.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Maybe thats all the more reason for China to make a strike on a foreign nation.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yall freak out over other countries getting pumped up militaries but forget to notice that ours(USA and Europe otherwise) is pumped up as well. Either they have a need to equal us to keep up their status or have to build status. That all it really is is just proving their worth and showing power.

If you saw some of the stuff we have you might get scared of our own power.

(Plus, USA is the only country to have nuked another right? I find that reason enough to be scared of its military might.)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Meh...I'm a bit more interested in geopolitical game moves, but I do enjoy and appreciate reading about the military aspects that go along with that. The military to me is but one tool they use in their tactical battles sometimes, and less and less often really, unless of course you're the U.S.

A lot more of what is happening or is going to happen, the far ranging strategic and even many of the battles won't be a military level at all. Some may be, here or there, when other things, like diplomacy, negotiation, and cooperation fail, but the military is not the be all end all and to rely on it solely or too heavily would be a mistake.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I believe this may all come into play if usa go to war within iran stretching their forces too thinly and leaving them open to attack from china, though im most certainly wrong its just my opinion

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Russia's watching too...and India has a huge stake as well. Different ideologies. Different methods. The geopolitical maneuvering is always fascinating to watch and try to figure out.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

In terms of military strength, Europe is pathetically weak ... and getting weaker with each passing year and they cut defense spending and reduce the size of their forces more and more. Some 3rd world nations have a more advanced military then many European nations.

Outside of the UK and France, most European military forces are little more then heavily armed police forces pretending to be soldiers.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Do you think this is something Russia considers or watches for? As far as geopolitical alignment goes? There have been some tensions there regarding, was it, natural gas pipelines? We know Russia watches the Middle East with great interest, but what about Europe? A few years back the hot rumors were that Russia and Germany were teaming up against the Euro. I stopped following that particular story. Russia still seems pretty much separatist to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Russia still considers itself such a great power that it really doesnt have to "team up" with anyone. And in a way they dont. I dont care how bad things get for a country, when you possess over 5,000 nukes and you can destroy the world (many times over) right by yourself, believe me, you are RELEVANT to EVERYONE.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

what about the germans and there leapord tanks or how ever you spell it germanys an econmic power house and has alwase had a formidible military dont count them out

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join