It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new picture of Cydonia on Mars shows lots of anomalies.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is from a more recent picture of Cydonia but it doesn't get as much attention as the original one, it shows much more anomalies than the old picture too,

www.orderofmelchizedek.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
These photos made me wonder what would the Nazca lines look from like space with equipment of the same quality as in the craft orbiting Mars to yield these images.

Do they run comparison tests over know images here to help with photo-interpretation?

It also harks back to WWII and RAF and USAAF personnel studying photographs taken over Germany and the occupied territories looking for tank formations, V1 and V2 sites, etc., it took a leap of faith at times to identify certain objects from the images they had to hand.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Very interesting photos, thanks for posting!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I used to think there was something there. Possibly artificial. Or maybe I was just hoping...But it seems like the more photos and pictures I see, they just look like natural formations to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyStrike

I'm going the other way...I'm now fascinated

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Originals

New

Why do the original images show a "crater" on the inside of a geological "curved surface feature," while the newer image show a "crater" on the outside of the "curved surface feature?"
Better Detail?
Inverted?
Touched Up?
Gimped?
?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Solofront]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Nice pictures. I just noticed how both the "face" and "D & M Pyramid" have sharp edges on their southwestern halves and weathered features on their northeastern halves. This part of Mars is not well represented in Google Earth.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This area is certainly still fascinating - I am amazed that if we had recieved these pictures in the 1960's then there would be a craft already on its way. I think with exploration like this we need some kind of World Space Ascociation that would finance such a mission.

Has anyone tried to play around with the colours yet to see if more lines turn up......

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

Nevertheless, the consuming hunger of the uncritical mind for what it imagines to be certainty or finality im­pels it to feast upon shadows

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia
This is from a more recent picture of Cydonia but it doesn't get as much attention as the original one, it shows much more anomalies than the old picture too,

www.orderofmelchizedek.com...

If a lunatic scribbles a jumble of mathematical symbols it does not follow that the writing means anything merely because to the inexpert eye it is indistinguishable from higher mathematics.

Nevertheless, the consuming hunger of the uncritical mind for what it imagines to be certainty or finality impels it to feast upon shadows in the prevailing famine of substance.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
New picture?
An image from 2006 is "new"?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
WOW! awesome pics! im 35, been into astronomy since i was 11, 1986. I remember when this CYdonia region was the face pipcture, so much specualtion especially amongst UFO people. HEre we are today, with much better camera clarity, and it appears to be...A pyrimid! it loks just like the pyramids in egypt! makes one wonder, IF aliens from amrs were here, or wherever from, they could have erected that pyramid on mars, came to earth, chose a dry sandy place just like mars, Egypt, and i dunno gave the blueprints to the pharao and people...
Of course, it appears to totaly understand this region, we would have to have a lander or rover on the surface for much closer calrity. Much better if a human was thier to visialluy and intelligently inspect this place. Just because an 'ariel' photo of the pyrmaid shows a pyramid...we need to get much much closer. ITs like taking images from 30,000 feet even with zoom camera technology...all you see is the outside and above overtop of it. Its all specualtion till we get closer to confirm.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
very interesting images, is there any natural process that causes pyramid shaped structures to occur..? i havent heard of any but hopefully someone can enlighten me

moosevernel

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

A pyramid? I thought a pyramid was a symmetrical shape with a square base and triangular sides. I see a mountain with two "sides" that might be called roughly triangular and no symmetry whatsoever.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6e85bbffa12.png[/atsimg]

Yes, natural processes can make pyramidlike formations. Its what happens when landslides occur.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hang on Phage, surely you're not saying it is purely geologic processes that have caused these formations to appear as if they were made by drunk aliens without decent surveying equipment?

It seems pareidolia strikes again!

OOh, spooky, I went to look up pareidolia in a paperback dictionary (you know, a BOOK!) and the page opened on 'Martian'. another illustration of reading too much into simple things I would contest!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
At best, some of the Mars Anomalies could be leftover ruins of a LONG (2 billion years?) dead civilization, when Mars had a more habitable climate with a thicker atmosphere.

At worst, pareidolia is making fools out of people.

Unfortunately, in this case, I'm going with the "at worst" scenario.

I've never really been all that compelled by the Mars pictures, although they are beautiful pictures of Martian geology.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's called Matrixing. Your mind makes out familiar objects or faces in these photos. Also, you're seeing what you Want to see.

That's pretty much to it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
fyi

Was proven fake.

So I doubt the legitimacy.

Anywho, for you guys who do not know, this region would be underwater if the ice was water. So one has to ask if the mesa ones or real, because the ones on the ground would be submerged.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right, it's not a pyramid based on that observation. But remember in Egypt many of the pyramids and Sphinx that were left behind from the Ancients were buried in sand, and with a telescope from the sky may have resembled geological and not architectural structures. I don't think it's substantial to call for an immediate course of action to travel to mars, but it's a compelling fiction to think that pyramids, which were built all over our planet in remote places separate from each other (at least as far as we think now), would be also found on other planets or moons.

It could play into a story that mankind is far more ancient than we thought, and possibly Mars was once home. Alternatively, once upon a time before the "great silence" our solar system had life on the planets and moons that could support it. Then a war/cataclysm came and wiped everyone away. Earth was all that survived. I kind of like these hypothesis, but they're fiction. I like the images, because good fiction excites me. But it's insubstantial.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by signoregregorio]

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue Aug 10 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

New to me and apparently a few other people.

Interesting images for some of us anyways.

Plus why bother Phage?..... What motivates you?

Other than coming across as condescending.

Bacteriophage I am Your_number_one_fan.

P.s. I like the idea of Mars full of life and then was wiped out 2 billion years ago because it sure a # looks like it was torn to hell. Those three huge sister craters all in a row looks deadly. Makes for an epic movie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join