It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fraternal frustrations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am curious about something. It seems to me that all of these organizations are fraternal. I've seen alot of mentionings of the ' great white brotherhood' in alot of my reading. I know that 'fraternal' doesn't necessarily apply to men any longer... I know that its just a word, but it bugs me a bit. Were there ever sisterhoods or sororities for the ladies out there? Are there any now? I feel drawn towards something a bit more feminine, but have no idea where to begin to look. I am familiar with the earthen pagan path, which carries a belief in the feminine/goddess/earth energies. I also believe in the importance of the masculine/ father sky/ sun, spiritual energies. I quess my question is if anyone is familiar with any teachings around that carry these sort of beliefs? Any organizations? I feel dramn to being apart of something bigger than myself- I want to learn, but have not a clue of where to look.
Thanks,
Heather

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Could you explain when you say you want something more feminine? Ae you merely looking for a co-ed group, like co-Masonry? What do you want this group to be? What do you hope to accomplish?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalon
I am curious about something. It seems to me that all of these organizations are fraternal. I've seen alot of mentionings of the ' great white brotherhood' in alot of my reading. I know that 'fraternal' doesn't necessarily apply to men any longer... I know that its just a word, but it bugs me a bit. Were there ever sisterhoods or sororities for the ladies out there? Are there any now? I feel drawn towards something a bit more feminine, but have no idea where to begin to look. I am familiar with the earthen pagan path, which carries a belief in the feminine/goddess/earth energies. I also believe in the importance of the masculine/ father sky/ sun, spiritual energies. I quess my question is if anyone is familiar with any teachings around that carry these sort of beliefs? Any organizations? I feel dramn to being apart of something bigger than myself- I want to learn, but have not a clue of where to look.
Thanks,
Heather

Yes, there are many sisterhood & sororities out there. Women can enjoy many societys that are open to them. My sister and mother are both envolved in groups of this kind.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Peace Avalon

I've seen alot of mentionings of the ' great white brotherhood' in alot of my reading.

Here's one explanation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(the first post on that page of the thread)

And of course the term "Great White Brotherhood" can also be found in the works of Manly P. Hall, C.W. Leadbeater, M, Dion Fortune, etc.

The Gnostic LUMISIALS in which the teachings of Samael Aun Weor/Science of Gnosis are studied, are most definitely for Men and Women.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Thanks,
Heather

There's many SORORITIES and the like that you could join. Associated to masonry, for example, is the Order of the Eastern Star. Co-masonry is considered "irregular", but admits both men and women. Amaranth is another women's organization, as are the Daughters of the Nile.

I'm sure there's also other sorority-type organizations that are not related to masonry, but I don't have muich knowledge of those, aside from college sororities.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Many soroities can and do initatie members as alums. That is, you can join a "college sorority" after you've finished college. You can check out some of the national ones through the National Panhellenic Conference and see which ones have alumnae chapters in your area. I am partial to Alpha Chi Omega myself.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Join a witch coven....only women allowed in those things.

Cug

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
Join a witch coven....only women allowed in those things.

Not true, males and females are both allowed.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hasn't it been said "Women can't be trusted with secrets"

Isn't this why you can't tell your Wife? Under the assumption that she will HAVE to tell someone as well?

And the White Brotherhood is very real, and it has made it clear it will fight against itself (control both sides, and end things when wanted) and kill its own, to retain power. Its called the White War, I mean World War I, and then there was the White War 2, with some Japanese people also involved in the end, to make it seem like we were fighting some foreigners we didn't understand.

And then they killed their man JFK to instill change in consciousness. To do it for any other reason would be futile, but instill change they DID, as soon after, the Beatles were introduced to American society, and problems were soon forgotten. And drugs, oh did I mention the drugs.

Where did they make '___'? German scientists in a Swiss lab, bought by Americans? '___' wasn't even BOUGHT, the first 20 000 hits were 'on US'. Sounds pretty White (means Right) to me. And I'm white!

[edit on 28-4-2005 by akilles]

top topics

join