It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Earmarks $1 Billion in Stimulus Money for Company in Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Totally outrageous. This is nothing more than bringing pork back home.

President Obama is earmarking $1 billion in Stimulus money “to build FutureGen 2.0, a clean coal repowering program and carbon dioxide (CO2) storage network” in his home state of Illinois. According to a Department of Energy press release, this billion is being provided to ”FutureGen Alliance, Ameren Energy Resources, Babcock & Wilcox, and Air Liquide Process & Costruction, Inc. to build FutureGen 2.0, a clean coal repowering program and carbon dioxide (CO2) storage network.” That is right — $1 billion. This is the largest earmark of money in U.S. history and they are taking money right out of your pocket to pay for it.

www.redstate.com...

What an arrogant fool! Does he think that we will not notice, or remember. these crimes?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
And everyone thought the Carbon credits SCAM had nothing to do with Obama and Crime Inc.

The truth is beginning to come out.

I still want to find the connections to stimulus funds, going to some sweat shops of computer banks, with the progressive/communists clicking away on their keyboards.

We of course could just call out the Acorn connections and just find where they have these places set up.

Oh, wait a minute, they changed their names to-
Affordable Housing Centers of America
Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment
New York communities for Change
Community Organizations International
Arkansas Community Organizations
Missourians Organizing for Reform Empowerment
New England United for Justice

Heck, even HuffPo was trying to obfuscate, read their article here

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Back to the OP, how much does ANYONE want to bet, if you follow the control of that company, you will FIND something VERY VERY interesting.

Well looky here! From wiki of course, further research would have to be looked into.en.wikipedia.org...

Local and state officials in Illinois, including then Governor Rod Blagojevich, expressed frustration at the move, especially in light of the money and resources that the state had spent to attract the project. Democratic Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois accused Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman of "cruel deception" of Illinoisans by "creating false hope in a FutureGen project which he has no intention of funding or supporting."[30

Hmmmmm, funny how I came across info that Bush baby was pushing it and NOW OBAMA is pushing it.

Can we say a UNHOLY alliance between the Bush empire and now the Obama Regime!?

Well, could not find any Corporate search parameters in any of the databases.

I guess that is something intriguing in and of itself.

Seems to be a boondoggle plant. Need some nice slush funds? Just dump the funds into something that is a combination private/public and you are able to not allow any FOIA or even private investigation.

Can you say blanket immunity with NO transparency.

When will people wake up?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hey, funny about a billion is there for war or whatever.

What about money when suffering people are concerned?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Aww...

And I've been looking for that money all over the place!

Looks like it got... 'found'?

Or maybe the better word is 'created'...

"Who took the cookie from the cookie jar..."

"(_Insert Corrupt Politicians Name_) took the cookie from the cookie jar!"

"Who me?!"

"Yes, you!"

"Couldn't be..."

"Then who...? because seriously we are all out of money and this sh!t is getting old."

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hey! has anyone with a retirement fund checked into it lately?...

WHAT?! It's not there any more!? how can that be?....

OOHHH.... FDICA bought it, I see..... Well, you really didn't need that money for another 20 years yet right? by then that empty building remnant that used to be a community bank that the FDICA gave to your trust fund in return for your money might appreciate some day....

hopefully sooner than later!...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Once the carbon credit tax system is implemented with force and without asking anyone, what will be even better then having a FED that can print money to you?

Thats right, having the only place in the world that has used billions to deploy a carbon scrubbing facility. Every gram they are cleaning will directly turn into negative tax (profit).

The cards are falling into place...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Forget the trillions going towards massacring millions in the middle east, lets complain about a single billion going towards better energy alternatives.

Your Republican masters appreciate your phoney outrage, but do try not to get your knees too dirty eh.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Forget the trillions going towards massacring millions in the middle east, lets complain about a single billion going towards better energy alternatives.

So that's the reason he's allowing those two wars to drag on and on....they provide a perfect foil for his looting of the future treasury, eh? :shk:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think this has been in the works long before Obama...I live very close to the area they were wanting to build a new facility..however, they have now scrapped that idea over budget concerns and are going to rehab an existing plant to save money. I know this has been going on for like 5 or more years though.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I live near where they are going to rehab the existing plant and it just boggles my mind that they have decided to rehab this plant then PIPE the CO2 clear across Illinois and inject it into the ground. Why not inject it into the existing oil field by the rehabed power station? maybe it could boost the pressure in the wells to make them able to produce again?

I agree that it is the old "song and dance" when it comes to crooked politicians, funding pork projects, to "thank" companies that "contributed" to their campaign funds.

That is what we get for voting in a politician from Chicago.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost of Chewie
I live near where they are going to rehab the existing plant and it just boggles my mind that they have decided to rehab this plant then PIPE the CO2 clear across Illinois and inject it into the ground. Why not inject it into the existing oil field by the rehabed power station? maybe it could boost the pressure in the wells to make them able to produce again?

Maybe it's a way to create more make-work jobs. Somebody's got to lay all that pipe, no?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Maybe it's a way to create more make-work jobs. Somebody's got to lay all that pipe, no?

Yep, it will go to all of the Union Laborers from Chicago, where they don't need the jobs (they have plenty), instead of the Springfield, area where they desperately do need them. (My brother is a laborer in the Springfield Union Hall, and these are quotes from his Union Rep.)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

Talk about Chicago unions... funny story: I was working for a computer company back in the 80's. We were in Chicago doing a trade show at a big hotel. I was installing the computer systems, and reached over to move an extension cord, when all of a sudden theree were 3 goons standing over me telling me I wasn't allowed to touch that cord. If I needed to have it moved, the union guys would do it - it was in their contract with the hotel.

OK by me. The union guys stood around all day, waiting for us to 'need them'. They probably worked a total of 30 minutes in that 8 hour day.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

outrageous i totally agree this nation is so supposedly broke he got the cash to spend on those people.

but for the people who are suffering in the country--no lunch money for them so to speak.

i am also outraged at this when mr obama spreads the wealth according to those he deems worthy.

and then doesnt give the people who desperately need money such as social security recepients.

for the first time in 30 years there is not going to be a cost of living adjustment for ss.......for two years.

but he still shells out money like it was candy....

some democrat thought they really were for the little person..... im not seeing it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"for the first time in 30 years there is not going to be a cost of living adjustment for ss.......for two years. "

There was no COLA for SS recipients in 2010...now you're saying no COLA next year? Is that a fact?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by neo96

"for the first time in 30 years there is not going to be a cost of living adjustment for ss.......for two years. "

There was no COLA for SS recipients in 2010...now you're saying no COLA next year? Is that a fact?

yes a 2 year freeze the next time its suppose to come up is guess is election time in 2012

new topics

top topics

join