It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Largest Depth of Field Laser Hologram

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Thought this video was pretty cool. I can only imagine what this will develop into, as technology advances. I think the depth of field looks very convincing as far as what you can see in the video, would love to see this in person.

Created by Paula Dawson

Here is the website linked on the video page which shows more info about this.
www.pauladawson.com.au...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Freezer]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
wow!
line 2= more wow!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
my... i cant... mind..

i need to go home now

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
can anybody say...project blue beam..!! haha

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
so the simulation hypothosis could be real then oooooh how exciting

This is amazing....it looks soooo real

Edit: Flag and *

[edit on 14-8-2010 by loves a conspiricy]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My head esplode...

S+F

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i didn't understand any of the explanation of how it worked or accept the rooms were holograms therefore I can only comprehend what I saw by believing it was magic, from the gods... the people who created that should be burned as witches.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I have always been a BIG hologram fan! They started comming out in the public when I was a kid. There was a shop in the mall that use to sell all hologram stuff, but they where little plates, and little things that popped out.. Nothing this amazing!

Good stuff! and just think where this could all lead..
I mean in the hands of the wrong people, this could litterally change the world we live in !

If seeing is beliving, then alot of people will be shown, your eyes do tell lies.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee
i didn't understand any of the explanation of how it worked or accept the rooms were holograms therefore I can only comprehend what I saw by believing it was magic, from the gods... the people who created that should be burned as witches.

As far as I could tell, there is an omni-directional beam split over the entire room like a torch light, reflecting off the various objects in the room similar to how our eyes pick up light, this gives it detail. The reference beam was a point I think, this basically measured the depth of the room, from the reference point (would be our eyes) to the end of the room, this was all reflected back onto the 'plate' as they called it. They then used a kind of emulsion which can trap the light/information.

Very lamens and probably wrong. Correct as you see fit.

EMM

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Originally posted by markygee

As far as I could tell, there is an omni-directional beam split over the entire room like a torch light, reflecting off the various objects in the room similar to how our eyes pick up light, this gives it detail. The reference beam was a point I think, this basically measured the depth of the room, from the reference point (would be our eyes) to the end of the room, this was all reflected back onto the 'plate' as they called it. They then used a kind of emulsion which can trap the light/information.

Very lamens and probably wrong. Correct as you see fit.

EMM

ohhhh...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ohhhhh lol yae like we understand that.
Caption pecard I would like some holo deck time sir.
Ok this is cool but every thing in the room lol oxymoron .
is static . want to see kids bouncing on the bed and a teen ager umm borrowing the car lol
o a couple cheerleaders would be nice as well

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
that is cool, i want 1
or 2

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A true hologram is like a photographic slide.

To create the holograph plate (like a slide film) a single laser beam is split into two beams. One of the beams is shone on the object being photographed, the other onto the film. The light reflected off of the object creates an interference pattern with the "direct" beam. It is this interference pattern to which the film is exposed.

To display the image, a laser is shone on the film (plate). The holographic image appears when viewed through the plate.

Three necessary items; 1) The laser, 2) the plate with the holographic print, 3) the viewer must be looking through the plate.

www.chemistrydaily.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ok i dont know much about science but correct me if im wrong:

to actually see the hologram requires you to look throught the plate, just like watching a 3d image,where you need to put the 3d glasses?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by metodex

That is correct, sort of. You can see it in the video. What looks like windows are the holographic plates (very large ones). The holographic image is not projected, it is a virtual image. If you are not looking through the plate you will see nothing at all; not 3D, not 2D.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

oh ok thanks then mr. John Lithgow!! Have a nice day then.

new topics

top topics

join