It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if we decided to wait.. for GOD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I had an epiphany. What if I decided to wait for God.

Not wait for a messiah, or a prophet, or the anti-christ, or even aliens/e.t.

What if I put the weight off my shoulders of possibly choosing to praise the wrong messiah and be duped into something that I never truly understood.

If we think about it, what is the main theme of faith, belief, and or religion?

The EXISTENCE of GOD!

There seems to be no argument there. If I am disappointed with my meal at a restaurant, I don't take it up with the guy who cooked it, I want to wait for the manager, the one who can correct the wrong.

What if we walked into our churches and said, thank you pastor but I don't feel that I am in need of a representative, I will await God, and we can discuss it when he gets here, or when I get there.

There are way to many contradictions and our confusion comes from man, not God.

So I ask why doesn't everyone, stand up and say, we will not fall for a false messiah, or prophet, or aliens because when God gets here were gonna sort it all out.

If for some reason TPTB have had their hand in any of this, it would take them at least 500 years to come up with a new way to control the masses, and keep them fighting.

We have so many different things that we are forced to face in our lifetimes, and I don't know who better to get the real deal about it, if not from God. If we believe that we will go to heaven and see him there, why would we want to take a chance on not getting it right, before we get there?

It doesn't even matter if there is more than one God involved, I just think that until we get who is the real reason that we might be here, or at least that may have had a hand, and can possibly tell us whats going on, why not do that then possibly make a horrible mistake?

The fighting seems to be more about God's representative than anything else, but the God subject cannot be debunked, I think the only thing that we cannot fully agree upon with that is if there is more than one, and possibly the gender.

Hey its a thought, and it may actually stop allot of things that are going on in his name.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Illumin Not I

I like your thread - I admire your thread actually.

But we don't make the decision about God.

He arrives when He feels like it - or not.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
How about if God's been waiting for you?

Unfortunately, if you wait to meet Him, it'll be too late.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Interesting viewpoint. Unfortunately, most folks won't accept that we have made god into our own image instead of the other way around, so it doesn't look like this will play well before the masses.

Many of the "faithful" seem to be waiting on god (not waiting for god) - like handmaidens or servants - and they are fearful of their master.

However, I think there are numerous contingencies that would allow TPTB to keep the populace at odds - I don't see having a 500 year hiatus from social thought/behavior control policies. It IS a nice thought however

gj

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

If god had been waiting on me, I defintitely wouldn't leave him a tip.
It's never too late to meet new friends. Is your god friendly?

gj

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

My kids like me playing with them, and i do sometimes. But i'm not their buddy, i'm their dad. Means sometimes i gotta slap the little critters upside the head, and tell them they done wrong, and must fix it.

That's not being a buddy. But who does that for you, is more than a buddy, that's the person who really wants to look after you.

Know what i mean?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
How about if God's been waiting for you?

Unfortunately, if you wait to meet Him, it'll be too late.

Yeah, because that is what God is like, a psycho that sets the rats on fire for going after the cheese instead of the exit...

I like to think he has more mercy than us, thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If you are ready to hear god then he will talk with you, if not, he won't.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry .....

the chef's kicked your steak around

in the kitchen ....

I'll grill your bill !

... love from the Maitre'd

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Whose god? Which god? How do you know it's not your own imagination? Bast is my god, and so is Re and Horus and Hathor and Isis and Thoth.

How do you know your vesion of "god" is the right one? Or ones?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If we decided to wait for God to show up, we might end up like all of those Philadelphia Eagles fans, waiting for the championship to come home:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e66bc8f4a440.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The entire notion of God is simply a way for people to mentally deal with a life they cannot understand. So they look to a higher power.

I believe in a higher power or creator but i do not think that he/she would allow his knowledge to be bastardized by writings of Man. (The Bible)

So I will not wait for God, I will live and die. If God is waiting for me and accepts me into "Heaven" because he KNEW I lived life with honor and respect for others, that would be pretty cool.

If I die and there is a God that rejects me because I did not bow to his holiness and give my life to his will....then he is an egotistic, arrogant God that was not deserving of my time.

Or I could just die and that's then end of it!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
From "The Gospel of Thomas".... Quote;

51. His disciple said to Him,

“When will the repose of the dead come about,

and when will the New World come?”

He said to them,

“What you look forward to has already come,

but you do Not recognise it.”

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Edit to add comment or the OP :

I like your thread.
It really makes sense. Why should let ourselves be divided ?
We can take away the wedge and live in perfect harmony.

S & f

reply to post by ganjoa

Interesting viewpoint. Unfortunately, most folks won't accept that we have made god into our own image instead of the other way around, so it doesn't look like this will play well before the masses.

The concept of cherry picking, are you familiar with it ? Basically every separate Christian group do it. They outcome is that God fits the description of the believer or group of believers perspective, regarding moral and so on.

reply to post by harryhaller

Ahh yes,the parent / child argument.

Children grow up to be equal adults. Often the Parent / Child thing, turns into friendship.

Besides, when you die t is not to late. When final judgment will occur, you are still offered forgiveness and accept Jesus in your life. Correct ?

reply to post by sheepslayer247

The entire notion of God is simply a way for people to mentally deal with a life they cannot understand. So they look to a higher power.

Is it ? I think it is because we can not grasp around death with our minds. Imagining not being conscience . Along with a way to talk whatever discomforts them about being human right. To blame someone or thing else for ones own miss doings.

If I die and there is a God that rejects me because I did not bow to his holiness and give my life to his will....then he is an egotistic, arrogant God that was not deserving of my time.

That is exactly my feeling about God from the bible. But... What if it is true ?

Heaven would be a place we don't want to be. Because God reflects the very human emotions we are not supposed to act on. What makes this of hell ? Considering we question the moral values of God. What would this do with the place of torture we get kicked down to when we think divine moral is immoral ?

[edit on 8/15/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illumin Not I
What would happen if we decided to wait.. for GOD?

What chapter and verse did you read that from?

or is it the accumilated sum average of all of them combined, you think?

interesting thought.

S&F for the title, and the subject matter.

nice thread,
et

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You will forever wait or die waiting.

Maybe you could find what ever it is you need a god for in a place you have yet to look.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
WE all have our own beliefs in the creator. IMO the true creator will show you the right path it is up to the individual to discern what is the true way to knowledge and understanding. You will be shown the way and those with a pure heart will know they are on the right track.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
You will forever wait or die waiting.
Maybe you could find what ever it is you need a god for in a place you have yet to look.

I don't think that was what he intended to say.

I think he tried to say that we should throw religion aside and live our lives, like we think is best. Not only to avoid making a mistake but also to take away the means to divide us all, through religion.

top topics

join