It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all masons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Masons, Disambiguous

Explain to those who don't understand.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Well the reason for my tone against you is that you assume, that I have not been a mason myself, you assume that I have done no research, and is speaking out of my ass. While I do agree, that the ANTI's are mostly an illiterate bunch of Christian fanatics, with absolutely no sense of reality, you need to learn to differentiate!

I have done my research, I have been a member of freemasonry as well as the OTO! Where there anything top secret revealed to me? No absolutely not! Did I learn a lot? I most certainly did.
Where it a place for evil men to congregate? I do not believe so, I saw a lot of vain men, but I also saw a few great souled men.

Now I have never said that I possessed the truth about this, I have used words as speculation, theorizing and assuming!
But I do believe that the evidence and information I have gathered over the last 10 years, points towards what I am saying, and that is that freemasonry and other secret societies are being used as an intermediary vessel for filtering out and for the further advancement of subjects that are deemed worthy!

The groove, skulls and bones etc. are very much like freemasonry, in teachings, philosophy and symbolism. The Bilderberg meetings aren't structured that way, because it is simply a meeting for very influential people! And does not posses the same level of ritualism and symbolism as other secret societies, the reason for this I would speculate is because that the Bilderberg meetings, are a new organisation.

Lastly, please do not talk to me as I am some ignorant anti, out to bash masons, because that could not be further from the truth!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Schrödinger]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Now...again...not saying I am a Mason, but not saying I'm not...
But...
Why is it that non-Masons have a tendency to go on about how they know that there are "inner secrets" that "most Masons don't know about"?
How is it that someone who's not a member of the frat always professes to know more than guys who are members?
The whole "you're just a low-level puppet" argument has been done to death up here.
Now, the boys who are members, well...of course they're not going to divulge the things that go on behind closed doors, because they're obligated not to.
That doesn't mean that there's something nefarious going on, it's just that there are "trade secrets" that non-members aren't privy to.
To those who aren't members, there's tons of information on the interweb, both true and false (not for me to really say which is which) so you can sift through it all day long and make your own conclusion.
Yeah, there's guys like David Icke, Bill Schneawblon (or whatever that weirdo's last name is...heh...vampire paper boy hahahaha) and a bunch of other guys who make the "high level secret" claim with no real evidence to back it up other than wild conjecture.
I don't know...I've known quite a few boys over the years that are all stand-up, good men.
I've known Templars, Scottish Rite, Shriners...etc. and all of them are just regular working Joes who enjoy the company of other guys and get together and do ritual work (and I think right there is where part of the problem with the general populace begins...as the word "ritual" tends to be misconstrued by non-members), have a few beers and whatnot.
I'm fairly sure that Masons are not a bunch of puppets, serving the "illuminati agenda" (if something like that does indeed exist...which I really believe doesn't and most of the people out there are just a bunch of ranting, paranoid lunatics) who are brainwashed and blah blah blah.
You want to learn the "secrets of Masonry", then go join a lodge.
From what I've been told, the "secrets" are basically allegories that assist good guys in becoming better guys through a series of moral lessons.
Yeah, I'm sure that they're dramatic and fanciful and full of imaginative symbols...but...it's all just stories to create bonds of fellowship that are supposed to assist guys in rising above divisive concepts such as religion and politics.
The "secrets" are more than likely not what most people think they are and conspiracy nutters are probably going to be disappointed when they find out that these "secrets" are just cleverly assembled stories, rich in history, that only enrich the lives of people trying to find their own moral path.
But that's my take, and you garner from it what you will.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger

Lastly, please do not talk to me as I am some ignorant anti, out to bash masons, because that could not be further from the truth!

it was never my intention, nor do I believe it was done. If so, I do apologize.
The old problem with me saying there is nothing nefarious in masonry is that someone who believes that since I say that, I must be a low level mason and not part of the "big picture". That is a fact and will remain a fact I am afraid. There will be people who have never been a mason and claim to know all about things that apparently I am not privy to.

Since you claim you were a mason, are you no longer a mason? If not I am curious to know why. It is none of my business though and if you chose not to answer, I respect your privacy.

With respect,

Mike

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Okay, I apologize as well, I have misunderstood you.

Old habits die slow

I do not claim to have been a mason, I stated I was a Freemason! That is something that can be easily proven, with an identity check and receipts of membership payments and a membership card!

I am no longer a mason for several reasons:

1: I joined with an impure agenda

2: That made me feel guilty

3: It was not what I thought it would be, as I thought it would contain more philosophy, mysticism and symbolism, and what I found out, was that it was more of a mens club

4: After I advanced to the Saint Andreas Order, I no longer had my heart with me, in what I was doing, and chose to leave.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Ahhhh...NetworkDude...
we meet, yet again, on a Masonic thread.
It must be fate...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Since they aren't openly allowed to tell people they are freemasons, your probably not going to get any replies that are relevant, I should know because I know a couple, though I cannot say anymore which is bull#!

you'll probably guess im related, but I choose not to join for obvious reasons.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Zeropoint
Since they aren't openly allowed to tell people they are freemasons, your probably not going to get any replies that are relevant, I should know because I know a couple, though I cannot say anymore which is bull#!

you'll probably guess im related, but I choose not to join for obvious reasons.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

If they aren't allowed to tell people that they are, then...
How is it that so many up here tell people?
How come I've met guys who wear Masonic jewelry?
Why is there even jewelry in the first place?
How is it that the guys I've known have told me that they're Masons?
What is it exactly that you "cannot say" if you're claiming you're not a Mason?
Why, if they're not allowed to say anything, is there the motto "2 be 1 ask 1"?

I'm afraid that your statements don't make very much sense and I'd very much appreciate it if you cleared that up for me.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Well in order for this to make any sense! I need to detour a little.
When I am talking about an upper echelon in freemasonry, I am not talking about some hidden upper ranks within the main body of freemasonry, as you say, that would be discovered very quickly.
Instead i theorize that as soon, as you have advanced high enough, that could very well be to the degree you hold, but not a necessity nor does your degree automatically give you access to the upper echelon, as we are both very well aware of the fact, that there are a ton of 33 degree masons out there! You would be invited to another secret society, and this invitation would not be a public or an official invitation.
Then you agree that such an organization, "another secret society", to use your own words, wouldn't, in fact, be Masonic?

It is true that some members, when the lodge is closed, go off to a bar to smoke cigars and have a drink. What they do there on their own time, away from the lodge, isn't a Masonic activity... it's a group of friends getting together for drinks. Could such a group have evil and nefarious plans? Sure. But ANY group of friends could get together and make evil and nefarious plans. Membership in an organization isn't a requirement for such things to take place. Members of a church congregation could be doing the same thing; or the board of directors of a company; or a reading club; or the fans of a science fiction franchise... If the implication is that these off-the-books "meetings" are Masonic, or even "the upper echelons of Masonry", then we could just as easily say that the "upper echelons" of your church, your place of business, or your social outlets, could also be conspiring evil deeds.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by JoshNorton]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Yes, we meet again. (insert evil laugh here) muhahaha.

Nice to see you again.

I have been confused as well. If the motto is ask12b1, but they hide their membership, who do you ask?

I have yet to meet anyone who hid their masonic affiliation.
most are overly anxious to talk about it. Myself included.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Okay, I apologize as well, I have misunderstood you.

Old habits die slow

I do not claim to have been a mason, I stated I was a Freemason! That is something that can be easily proven, with an identity check and receipts of membership payments and a membership card!

I am no longer a mason for several reasons:

1: I joined with an impure agenda

2: That made me feel guilty

3: It was not what I thought it would be, as I thought it would contain more philosophy, mysticism and symbolism, and what I found out, was that it was more of a mens club

4: After I advanced to the Saint Andreas Order, I no longer had my heart with me, in what I was doing, and chose to leave.

I do respect your decision to demit, but you sound like someone with a good heart, and would make a good mason, so I am sad to hear that you took that path. It doesn't matter where you are from, it matters where you are. And so you know, it does contain all the things you were looking for, you just have to look a bit further. In or out of the lodge, these things can be found. As with most things in life, you usually do find exactly what you are looking for in most things.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

No that is not anywhere near what I am saying, as stated the ties to the ancient mystery schools, is existent in OTO, Freemasonry, Skulls and bones etc. And what you call masonic, I call ancient mysticism, sacred geometry, occult teachings and knowledge.

So while you can get me to say, that the upper echelon isn't part of the official masonic structure, you will not get me to say, that the echelon isn't masonic!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Well, I am sure you are right, and that the reason for leaving because of not enough insight, philosophy and mysticism might be the excuse I needed because I had an impure agenda when I joined them.
The trouble in danish freemasonry is that you have to be a Christian! And I am not a Christian, I am a heathen, but since I was baptized as a child, I could present them with that documentation, and I slipped in!

They where all very nice to me, and I did make a lot of good contacts, but my guilt got the better of me, and I think that was the main reason for leaving them.

That being said, I saw nothing closely related to any evil agenda or wrong doings while I was a member, where as I found the OTO to be a self-obsessed group of wannabe esoteric people, that thought they where great magicians, that had some kind of fetish with sex-magic!

EDIT: This is also the reason that the secrets I have learned while being a Freemason, will not be shared, where as I feel no loyalty to the OTO I was a part of!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Methos777
reply to post by truth_of_truth

I am a Freemason. We do not betray our organization or our fellow brethren by "spilling the beans" as you put it. Loyalty and keeping your word and obligations are everything in this society. A Mason could be expelled for that. No one wants that. We like it where we are.

sorry buddy..im a spiritualist.. and everyone's welcome to join me, even you dude!!!

To keep a secret society is selfish, its adding divisions in society as a whole. If it was open to be a mason, and learn the secrets (like spirituality has its own secrets you learn by youself through teaching) then i would join, but i rather not as i prefer to join the wider majority of people that are just here to be human, the way it seems is that mason's think of themself's as higher.. or what i call Arrogant People, i say this.. But i love you all!!! peace!

[edit on 07/14/2010 by AlphaANDOmega]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaANDOmega

I think you missed his point. He is talking about keeping the secrets of a friend or brother. Like if your neighbor came to you and asked to borrow some money for his house payment due to being unemployed. He would not like you spreading news of his financial situation around town. Instead, he would like your candor about his situation. The secrets of masonry are readily available to all who wish to know it. It is the same secret you learned from your spiritual journey.

Are you going to tell us all what your secret is?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have learned from my journey so far that if you can not keep the simple secerets that Masonry gives, how can you be trusted with each others secerets. I am talking about the non spiritual aspects of the craft.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by AlphaANDOmega

I think you missed his point. He is talking about keeping the secrets of a friend or brother. Like if your neighbor came to you and asked to borrow some money for his house payment due to being unemployed. He would not like you spreading news of his financial situation around town. Instead, he would like your candor about his situation. The secrets of masonry are readily available to all who wish to know it. It is the same secret you learned from your spiritual journey.

Are you going to tell us all what your secret is?

Ok, if you say so... A little miss leading then.. i dont reffer to my family or friends as an organization.

Im sorry you Missed my point, my point was that i dont hold secrets i learn them in spirituality and share experiances with everyone, i try to open peoples minds not close them.

Well hey! everyone is different as a person. *were all human tho*

Peace

[edit on 07/14/2010 by AlphaANDOmega]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Curious..

I'm a member of Alcoholics Anonymous and there have been numerous occassions when some of the younger members have said publicly in a meeting...

"Freemasons don't have anything over or in comparison to us as an organization"

I'm beginning to wonder if Alcoholics Anonymous is really Argentium Astrum (silver star)

The desire chip signifying to start the AA program one day at a time for newcomers is SILVER in color.

The structure of Alcoholics Anonymous has many similarities with A.*.A.*.
(silver star) and with Freemasonry. Someone new to freemasonry is sponsored just as the new Alcoholic get sponsors to direct them through the 12 steps. Once they have been taken through the steps(degrees???) and attained a spiritual awakening they go on to sponsor other new members. "We carried this message to other Alcoholics and practiced these principles in all of our affairs".

My sponsor has been sober for 35 years, very powerful member in the community and spiritually. He has helped alot of folks, He basically came from skid row whino-ville.
He calls me wine head(whine)?

I remember once I took a fear list to him what I was afraid of (part of the 4th and 5th steps of Alcoholics Anonymous). He said before we start lets bring God into this and we said a prayer. I was planning on telling him all my fears and he pulled out 3 big ones, different than what I was telling him. I must have had 100 fears and didnt make it past the 5th one before he pegged the 3 main ones.

Funny thing is the 3 fears he identified were TRUE once I thought about it from which all the others originated.

As he walked me out the front door of his house, he reached down and sort of made a funny about his dogs gold ID tags... something to the effect about the "Order of the Golden Bone"
sorta in a funny manner.

He sometimes does that hookem horns sign when he speaks something of importance regarding the principles of the program

He once said the secret is there are no secrets.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Good topic, and it probably deserves its own thread, if you want to start one.

I can see a number of parallels between AA and Masonry. One of the strongest being, you have to come to it of your own will. If you aren't there to try to improve yourself, you probably won't learn anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I have never had spiritual experiences quite like this before ( I speak of coincidences and synchronicities over and over and over again).

I'll give you an example of a profound experience that occured about the 5th month mark of sobriety ( I will have 15 months the 23rd of this month).

One day I was driving to the club for a 5:30 meeting. I had made a left turn at one traffic light and came to another traffic light about 300 yards to the turn in of the AA club driveway. The car that was in front of me at that second light had the license plate ELOHIM. That was a big wow but it didnt turn into a BIG WOW til after the meeting.

We started the meeting and half way through the meeting a woman spoke up. I believe the topic was forgiveness. She began to speak of the hatred she had for her dad for so many years. Her words cut through me like a sharp hammer. I keeled over weeping at a profoundly deep level. The kind of crying where you make no sound. After it was all over I felt warm and at peace. All was well at that moment. It was like God as the first 100 members understood God hugged me (WEEP) and then held me (warm feeling, that all was well, very peaceful)

It turned out that the woman that spoke was the wife of a High School buddy of mine I partied with.
My sponsor also represents a lot of my dad (mannerisms, gestures, eyes, face etc) and how I interact with him etc.
My sponsor converted to judaism about 8 years ago which is interesting regarding the license plate (ELOHIM).

It makes me well up to this day thinking about it.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by superluminal11]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join