It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Global Meltdown of FEAR: Eliminated by 60+ visual aids.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I actually asked you about that. It's an interesting dilemma. What about people like me who are kind of like people with autism but ignore the part of the brain that wants the person to twitch and repeat things? People who can flash their brains with thousands of pictures a second and mass-input to stop all external factors? How would any machine be able to control an individual who simply can ignore the input?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If i've said it once, i've said it a hundred times

MSM reports on crime, fear, terrorism, etc, etc, etc, because you, me, ALL OF US, eat it up.

Nobody watches stories about cute cuddly puppies for long. It gets boring. It gets old. It doesn't get ratings.

We feed into the media. They figured out what we like, what gives ratings, and they run with it.

We are our own self-defeating propagandists.

Yes, the government DEFINITELY doodles in it from time to time...but for the majority of it, its only what we want to see.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

There's one thing you're missing: The mind arises from the brain. Mess with the brain directly and it supercedes the mind. Look into various diseases and conditions of the brain, and how they affect the mind and you will see. It wasn't until they started researching the brain via this way did they begin to have a clue about what the different parts of the brain are actually for.

1: Nanobots hooked into multiple parts and neurons of the brain, all bets are off.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

2: If they can change our thought processes with mere magnets then there's no telling:

Moral judgments can be altered ... by magnets
By disrupting brain activity in a particular region, neuroscientists can sway people’s views of moral situations.

To make moral judgments about other people, we often need to infer their intentions — an ability known as “theory of mind.” For example, if one hunter shoots another while on a hunting trip, we need to know what the shooter was thinking: Was he secretly jealous, or did he mistake his fellow hunter for an animal?

web.mit.edu...

3: The fact that humans can be walked around via radio control, by mere ultrasonic waves behind the ears, should give enough insight into the 'sky' being the limit when they start messing with our brains.
ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com...

I can see your reasoning, but even if magnetism couldn't change your ethical thoughts the word "invasive" comes to bear when talking about invasive implants.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well actually it's interesting about neurons. Neuro transmitters, the things that control who you are, are more numerous than you might think. I want to find a paper on it, but basically what My medical friend told me is that the total number of neurotransmitters exceed the total number of people that have ever existed (106 billion). This allows for every human to be a truly unique individual. So I beg to question how any nanite can have signatures to control over 106 billion items. I mean, the super computers at my school can only render 50,000 molecules. I've heard a few million at other places. But we are talking about 106 billion here.

Now I have no doubt that the technology will one day be available. But one thing I have noticed is that government ALWAYS does things too soon. or too late. So if they try this nanobot technology too soon, then many people will be immune and stop it via building an EMP. And if they do it too late, well we will already have some form of protection.

And really I can tell you that when I "flash" my brain, the thoughts come so rapidly I can't see any first or second gen nano machines to be able to keep up with the speeds.

We also must realize that there is some evidence that the brain and mine, yes, are different, But that the mind takes precedents. Not to get into the soul or anything, but user bigfatfurytexan posted me with some evidence that people with either half of the brain removed still retain all their memories some times. Ask him for the same data. I don't remember where it is.

What I'm saying is that you'll be surprised how the brain adapts and can, in fact, reconfigure itself to resist things. yes we can sway the opinion of the mind. This will always be true. But maybe I've got a unique perspective on this.

I had an allergic reaction to the chemical aspartame. No I don't have Phenylketonuria, but definably something like it. Never really bothered to get tested for it. Anyway, some of my earliest memories are being at the hospital getting brain scans trying to figure out why my brain was degrading and why I had all these mental problems from ADD-like conditions, to other crap. Eventually they realized that the children's vitamins I was taking for a few months had aspartame and that I was allergic to it. But the damage had been done. My brain was fried.

As a child, the intense burning urge to touch things an even number of times or repeat a sentence was indescribable. I mean, it was like I had two versions of me in one brain. I was the slave, it was the master. I HAD to do it, or else. But eventually I challenged it. I said NO. I rebelled and eventually all power that part of me had was gone. Now, only when I am under stress do I listen to it.

My point is simple. My brain learned to adapt. The pain from going against those rituals was intense, but once my brain connected the dots, the power was gone. I've since learned how to use that part of my brain, and order it around. It can run math simulators during math tests or play a song while I write something. I can hear music in my mind as if it is playing from a speaker, in full quality.

You have to realize something. The brain is absolutely amazing at adapting. I have full faith that it can, in time, adapt to anything. Even nano bots. So when, if ever, it happens, I already have the will power to deny it. So I will be immune to the first and maybe second generation of the machines.

And for an added interesting note. I do occasionally eat aspartame these days. I mean, how can you not. It's in so much crap. It does still give me twitches, but it takes a lot less time to heal from it. It's as if my brain learned how to heal from its poisonous qualities.

A lot of your links depend on the human willingness to listen. It's no different than hypnotism. If you do not accept that it has power over you, it does not.

Have faith friend. We will always win. Evolution ensures it.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well maybe we can find something here to debate about, because I believe in telepathy and it looks like you don't? Would you care to discuss it? I noticed you didn't reply to my earlier post about parapsychology...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Not my scene. I don't usually take the time to tell people I don't agree, I try to only critique beliefs that are poised to affect people (trillion dollar proposals, etc).

Haven't ever seen real proof of it.

I think that if it were real it'd come about naturally, and it'd hardly even be an item of discussion.

There would be a scientific way to measure it. I've never seen any studies about measuring and studying electromagnetic brain waves from outside the head.

The fact that they're trying to build various forms of brain interfaces to achieve it seems to be evidence that it isn't natural.

reply to post by Gorman91

You have some good points on your palette, but I approach it like this: They're trying to do it, and I'm trying to stop them. Hopefully it will be harder than they might anticipate, but I'm not going to wait around to find out.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ah, but don't you see? That's exactly what social darwinists would believe about psychic ability (psi). As long as you believe that it's not real or have negative feelings about it, your own psychic ability will be inhibited or inverted. It's called the sheep-goat effect. Look it up. :p

You haven't seen proof of psi but I have many times. I am also familiar with the parapsychological literature and so I can tell you straight up that there is plenty of evidence. TPTB aren't going to go out of their way to show it to you, and they aren't going to let it become mainstream. From the perspective of TPTB it is dangerous because it is too empowering...everyone has psychic potential.

Psi is a truth that is marginalized. Bringing truth out of the margins sets people free, it doesn't imprison them.

As long as psi is marginalized by the elite, then the ordinary people are robbed of their greatest power. Psi is not like you see in movies or comic books. I mean, what is? It's more like a mechanism of evolution. Like non-local intuition. More and more evidence for psi accumulates, and not many politicians can want psychic voters, know what I mean?

Here is a book I have read and recommend.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Student X]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well like I said before go right ahead and the best luck to you. But I fear such a fight would result in no victory for anyone. It is far easier to become part of those who want to do it, and be the man who does not press the on button when ordered to, or stops the guy from doing it, or adds in a termination code to the bots before it happens.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wow, great post...I mean amazing.

There's so much to learn from people like this on ATS, my favorite thing about this thread is the fact that there are so many issues mixed into politics but there's a shroud of hypocracy in it all, almost as if it's all a distraction from the real problems this world faces. Thank you for this post, for me its right up there with it's right up there with All Roads Lead to Rome on my top favorive threads.

Much deserved star and flag to you!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by noworldorder2012

Thank you! That one is actually quite a bit longer than this monstrosity. That's a lot of writing!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
WOW- Great thread. I always wondered why I didnt just assume everything I heard, or saw, or read was the truth. Now I know. I also know why I fear certain things so much-Im hard wired that way.
My personal reactions, lean in a bit different direction than some of my peers, but then again I was/wasnt exposed to the same stimulus patterns as they were, nor am I now. In effect we fear different things. I guess thats why I find them confusing some times, when they fear things I consider mediocre threats, but dont fear things I would consider very threatening-Interesting star and flag for the OP

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I believe people should stop watching the news stop following the media. Why because everything is Negative. Notice that most posts even on here follow that vibe, a negative vibe. I think that a person can do well if they think positive, don't judge people, live a healthy and good life.

(this has nothing to do with the Illuminati Trolls)

It's almost as if being pessimistic about something is the in thing on the internet and in the world. Actually most people in other cultures don't even have that view.

Now your post is really great but posting it on here is not enough you should present it to those that can do something about it , or at the very least present it on "youtube" so you reach a larger audience. Wake people up a little more.

when I say Negative I don't mean to bring up say theories on harmonic vibrations controlling the cosmos I mean that in life it's like Law of Attraction and as Deepak Chopra has stated Law of Potentiality.

The Government is way to focused on a negative conscious with the general populus I suppose that's there way of trying to control things.

Great post!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Bravo ! The best pragmatic and logical text I have read since a while ! Based on fact and statistics. Thanks for educating us on official propaganda.

Rozenkreutz

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ignorance ,

That is one kick-a** post !!!!!!!!

Im about 3/4 way through it and love it so much i had to break to give a cudos to you
Very informative ,Very well thought out ,Very well laid out
Wish I was 1/2 as good with mine

Thnx StumpDrummer

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
DO NOT equate the overblown threat of terrorism with global warming.

BOTH are problems, but global warming will DWARF essentially all our other problems if not dealt with.

The science is OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of anthropogenic global warming, and even predictions from just a few years ago have proven TOO conservative. Things are worse than they even predicted.

The real problem is that the media doesn't cover global warming ENOUGH nor does it cover it properly. And some outlets even give equal air time to DENIALISTS who are absolutely NOT equal in the knowledge or weight they hold on the matter. It's like having a debate between a scientist who says the Earth is round and a religious nut who thinks its still flat... sure you're giving equal time to two different sides, but CLEARLY one side doesn't even deserve a place in the discussion.

Yes the War on Terror has been used as propaganda to support endless war. HOWEVER, this was designed from the very BEGINNING by the elites. Whereas the issue of global warming has been FOUGHT FOR for DECADES by grassroots activists, environmentalists and the majority of climatologists and respected scientists. And FINALLY when there's an increase in media coverage does INDUSTRY start to put out a hardcore disinfo campaign to convince people there's no global warming and it's just a conspiracy. The conspiracy is JUST THAT- that certain members of the elite are purposely sabotaging the SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSION of global warming and turning it into a PARTISAN DEBATE.

See here:

www.greenpeace.org...

www.greenpeace.org...

If anybody uses global warming to support some tyrannical, corrupt or greedy agenda then they are NO FRIEND of activists and environmentalists. In fact, the people who MOST recognize this problem are activists themselves. There is a lot of greenwashing and profiteering going on and we MUST avoid it without discounting the very real threat of global warming and our role in it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Hmm...

Linking to Greeenpeace -a group that stands to gain income the more people are scared- is like linking to Halliburtan for he final word on war ethics.

Perhaps you might start over by addressing my actual talking points instead of using a blanket response.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Amazing post, Though I am most interested in the nuclear waste, portion of the thread. Do nuclear powerplants put out nuclear waste? Or is it only when a site is shut down? How long does the waste remain? Just curious, for it is a topic I have not researched. Otherwise, spot on on everything else. Thank you

Dreamwalker74

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Actualy the scientific wing of "Greenpeace", encompases some of the greatest minds there are. I would trust them over most "University" studies that require the same if not more financing. The fact is that ALL scientific research groups require funding from someone. If I'm wrong, then point one out.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

That being said, Yes we need to look at the financing behind every study, period. I know you have already done a ton of reasearch for this post, and today you are my hero. Though if you were able to find out and publish, those who funded each and every one of these projects, in my eyes, you would be an ATS God. I will help if you want. U2U me.

MBF

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I just have to give a star and flag for effort if nothing else. Great job!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join