It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation, plague, and fires: foreign embassies urgently evacuate staff from Russia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Here's another one I want to read more fully when I have time.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
According to Bloomberg some bankers are leaving. The Moscow death toll is up more than usual.
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Explanation on how the fires have spread so much.

1.Peat is formed from decayed vegetation in bogs, moors or swamps.
2.Deliberate drainage or drought can expose peat to air.
3.Peat can then be ignited by wildfires or spontaneously combust. The air flow allows the peat to continue burning.
4.Once alight, the smouldering fire spreads slowly through the peat and can cause the ground above to collapse.

read more here : www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Russian authorities have declared a state of emergency in Ozersk, home to major nuclear reprocessing plant, due to wildfires burning around the town.

read more :
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I watched a show on History Int last night, about the "Perfect Solar Storm" in 1859.
Considering our solar storm of last week, the similarities are numerous.
Link to Perfect Solar Storm.

The peat will smolder and re-ignite for days or longer, btw, and merely dousing it with water won't stop it, it has to be dug up and separated from the surrounding peat.

For HAARP watchers, there's THIS

Earth's magnetic field normally protects the surface of the planet from a continual flow of charged particles, called the solar wind, and even does a pretty good job defending against some storms. When a storm swept past Earth last Friday, it met up with magnetic field pointed in such a way that it thwarted the storm's effects. That's not always the case.

Could it be that HAARP "re-directed" the magnetic field?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Blaming it 'raging wild fires' here:

news.uk.msn.com...

Raging wildfires in the west of Russia have caused massive devastation and scores of deaths as the country swelters under its most intense heatwave for 130 years. In this photo a newly-married couple celebrate their nuptials amid a deep layer of smog caused by fires outside the city of Ryazan, some 111 miles south-east of Moscow. Click through the images below for more.

news.uk.msn.com...

BTW saw this on the MSN homepage this morning... a bit late maybe for this thread as i havn't read through the whole thing... but a little more:

The Interfax news agency quoted chief health official Andrei Seltsovky as saying there were now 1,300 bodies in city morgues, which have a 1,500 capacity.

On Monday air pollutants were registered at dangerous levels for the fourth day in a row. Weekend concentrations of carbon monoxide and other poisonous substances were seven times higher than what is considered safe, and were two to three times higher than the safe limit.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Moscow on brink of technogenic disaster
www.kavkazcenter.com...

Russians die in great numbers from heat and smog.
Death toll made secret by KGB
www.kavkazcenter.com...

Check out the Kavkazcentre site it's crap of the highest order, there is no KGB any more the death toll due to the particulates from the fire has raised Moscow's daily death total from about 350 to about 700 mostly elderly or impaired, not a good thing but not a technogenic disaster.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
reply to post by boondock-saint

I don't know, somebody at that thread said the source was Sasha Faal (whoever that is, but all the replies poo-poo'd the source) which is good in the longrun.

But take a look at these:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new_here, thanks for posting these links. Critical info! The fact that the Chernobyl sarcophagus is decaying is terrifying. The cost of the new protective dome is only one billion dollars! The US government wastes that on pork projects without blinking an eye. Where's the UN when you need them?! This is WORLD endangerment, no time for petty national bickering. This is a small planet & we're all connected!

These super massive fires in Russia just do NOT seem natural. OMG what is happening to our planet?!

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
here is a man who takes youtube videos of the area around Moscow.
You can see the haze really good on the recent videos.

furthermore he tells that these swamps that are burning have received industrial wastes for years, in the comments below the video!

www.youtube.com...

freestone

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
i feel sorry for these people who are loseing evrything.
regarding the russia prepares for war . can the fires have been started on purpose to camoflarge movements of military stuff like icbm mobile launchers ,troops and such can satelites ssee through smoke like they can cloud . and how long will it take to pin point them all again if it was not natural god act of god i mean and is to hide military deployments for a first strike

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I don't know if it is a coincidence. But the sheep in Norway(who eat vegitation on the mountains) have high bequerel values this autumn. This means they have record amounts of radiation in their bodies. They blaim it on the high amount of mushrooms this year.

Here is the address for a google translation of the article:
translate.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join