It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi all from Upstate NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I'm Xander, from the Central NY area.

I first began to wake up to the way things are in high school, when I had to write a Senior English thesis comparing Orwell's 1984 to Huxley's Brave New World. I got busy with life in my 20s and didn't give it much thought (except for occasional rants at the nightly news' reporting of political incompetence).

But in my 30s, my disillusionment with life in general caused me to rethink everything - religion, politics, the official version of history etc. That's when I began looking into most of the topics covered on this website: conspiracy theories, UFOs, the New World Order and on and on. I read a couple of David Icke's books. I learned quite a bit from alternative spiritualities too: Paganism, the New Age, the occult. In short, I went into Information Overload Mode.

Then, I pulled back for a few years on that research to get some perspective and some sanity from everything I learned. I listened to Alex Jones and some others on shortwave, but have since learned to distrust those folks and not take them too seriously.

My primary interests are: the Paul Is Dead Theory, Obama (who is he) and CELEBRITY REINCARNATIONS (my fave). I'm also interested in the Bermuda Triangle, Annunaki, cloning, Hollow Earth, Fallen Angels, Global Fascism, Seraphim, reverse speech, the gifted, John Lennon, Twins & Doubles, and Rhesus Negative (a blood type).

Many topics on this site I now actually AVOID because I don't think it serves any useful purpose to discuss matters beyond our control which may be cover stories for what's REALLY going on. But I'm fascinated by topics where Pop Culture, Spirituality and the real world intersect with each other.

That's all for now.
Xander

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HisWorkmanship

Welcome To ATS!

glad to have you as a member. i hope you enjoy your ATS experience, learn and share.

pleasentries,
et

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hey Xander. I'm Justin. Nice to meet you. Have an open mind? I think we'll get along just fine.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hello Xander,
As a fellow Upstater and individual devoted to denying ignorance I would like to welcome you to ATS

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HisWorkmanship

Hi HisWorkmanship, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hi, I am from Memphis and I am a new member also. I have always wanted to go to Texas. Maybe one day I will be able to go. It is a great community here and maybe we will stay and learn some cool things together.

top topics

join