It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] The real ATS conspiracy. [HOAX]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
if the servers are in the US the US government CAN access FREELY

That would only be the case if the servers were wide open in the first place.

If any entity other than ourselves were to access the servers, we'd know about it. Also, if any entity were to access the servers, there'd not be much for them to see other than what is already available to the public on the site. We do not retain access logs and stored user data is so minimal as to be worthless.

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Moon Knight
heres a conspiracy for ya.

why do people who just want to piss all over the ats carpet continue to visit?

cant be hard to log out and not come back?

Hmmmmmmm. You equate raising troubling questions for debate to "pissing"?

One might also ask what a person such as you is doing on a conspiracy site? If doing nothing to irritate owners, operators or others "in power" is your modus operandi, then I would think something more bland and safe than conspiracy would be your cup of tea.

link   
admin edit: You have not asked our permission to advertise your site on our site. Don't do it.

[edit on 8-9-2010 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

lol, its not like 500 guys going on to the streets to protest is going to get somewhere

use your brain

the only way to learn is to share information thought the internet

so, when everyone gets more connected, more people will learn

there is no protest on the streets, if you do somethning like that on the streets, people will think you are nuts, besides, you wont be presenting proof, you would be just saying some stuff ...

so, yeah, yet another guy saying that keyboard warriors need to go to the streets ... I dont think so

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
what a concept...
that is a way to not only wake the people of the world but will also get them off their ass...

Runs out and purchases a S*it load of butt darts.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
You equate raising troubling questions for debate to "pissing"?

Well... I've asked (in this thread) for one or two of the specific "troubling questions," and have yet to see any.

If doing nothing to irritate owners, operators or others "in power" is your modus operandi, then I would think something more bland and safe than conspiracy would be your cup of tea.

So... are you saying it should be perfectly find to waste time irritating us?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

if the servers are in the US the US government CAN access FREELY

That would only be the case if the servers were wide open in the first place.

If any entity other than ourselves were to access the servers, we'd know about it. Also, if any entity were to access the servers, there'd not be much for them to see other than what is already available to the public on the site. We do not retain access logs and stored user data is so minimal as to be worthless.

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

I dont how if they would be able to get any good information, but as I said, if the server is in the US, any agency in the government can access it, thats why all organizations keep their servers with "compromised data" outside the US ...

I dont know more specifics about it, a professor in college said that, and I believe its true and it makes sense

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Since I am rather new to the site, and was not around for all of this fiasco stuff, I don't think it is unreasonable for you to provide some evidence for what you say. It certainly looks a little bit shady, but I think you could do more than simply deny the conspiracy. Some of us Noobs might need links to information showing your side of the story.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kayhla
Some of us Noobs might need links to information showing your side of the story.

There's lots of innuendo with little specifics being tossed about. Can you identify a particular concern?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
How about the story of John Lear. He said he was/is banned from ATS in one of his interviews with the Camelot. Is/was there any reason he should be banned from ATS? Or was he simply lying about being banned?
I found there is nothing outrageous about any of his story of the UFOs and such. Or is he touching something he shouldn't in the eyes of those who have the ulterior motives?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

if the server is in the US, any agency in the government can access it...

I dont know more specifics about it, a professor in college said that, and I believe its true and it makes sense

You've made a rather significant statement while later admitting not knowing the specifics. I've known lots of professors with errant opinions and information.

The reality is that there are only a handful of foreign countries where servers may be stored that would be free of potential government intrusion... and of those, most do not have the bandwidth backbone required to deliver a site like ATS efficiently.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I find it almost amusing that you have to defend yourself, the idea that ATS could be under the control of TBTB is actually quite funny in an odd way. Really why would TBTB even bother, why not just create an account or two and then try to debunk everything and flood the site with disinfo.

As you probably know there are allot of extremely paranoid people on ATS, I think its grate of you to address their concerns however it’s futile some people have already made up their minds. ATS is under the control of TBTB and next week we are going to invade Iran shortly followed by the second coming of Christ riding a UFO. Every time a mod censors anything on the site, these delusions are fuelled.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I never get censored, and I never get banned.

Why??

Because I am not a douche.

Yes, you are. I would know.

If you love the management here so much, maybe you should marry them.

That's what my wife says.

Funny how much you resemble her.

And I have proposed to several of them but they keep turning me down.

Anyways, fun post Emachine. Please don't hurt me.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
First of all, if ATS is some kind of NWO ran info-cache, and the mods are all in on it, I say good for them. They chose the winning side. Why the winning side? Because while we all scramble for proof and this and that, they're sitting back and laughing at us.

In my opinion, it's not true. The only reason I could think of for this site to be what you claim is for the government to see what we think we know. Someone gets too close, and it's snuffed. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. I could just be a fool and be blind to the writing on the wall, but in the three years I've been on ATS, I haven't seen anything to suggest they're not just a legit group of people that just wanted to create an online community for free thinkers and people with similar thought patterns.

Oh and to bring a mans wife in to something like this and how it was done is just a major insult. To me that's grounds for a punch to the face. Trying to get personal and all is just asking for more trouble than you wanted.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don't know about ATS being a full-blown CIA front or COINTELPRO operation as they have often been accused of,

But I do know beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Staff have ratted out members to the authorities and ABC agencies before, by providing them with a member's email/IP information.

Those authorities and ABC agencies then find out who the person is in real life and put them under surveillance, and from there they can make the person's life miserable in any number of ways.

The Staff will no doubt lie and deny this of course, and they may even delete or censor this post, but this is the truth folks. I now absolutely know this beyond any shadow of a doubt.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

well, you can make the assumption that the US can access your servers without any legal request if they are in the US by the fact that a lot of organizations dont host in the US

I dont have any document, but it makes sense ... to assume everyone is lying is a bit harsh

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROTJ6
But I do know beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Staff have ratted out members to the authorities and ABC agencies before, by providing them with a member's email/IP information.

You are lying. No such thing has ever happened.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Why would the government even want to hack into the ATS servers, what would this achieve. First off all they can view it all on the public pages like the rest of us do. Then if they wanted to take something off the site we would know about it and that would only fuel the conspiracy further.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I remember a long time ago, couple of years after internet just started,I went into a conspiracy theory chat room and it was empty............really, think about it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join