It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] The real ATS conspiracy. [HOAX]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am continually amazed. Let me just throw three words out here.

USER GENERATED CONTENT.

That means that if you think ATS is spreading disinfo, or propaganda, it just might be, but it is because of a user or users who chose to post such information. Think of how boring this site would be if we just all sat around and waited for Bill, Simon, and Mark to make treads for us to read and not contribute to. If a thread is deleted, or a post is deleted, find out why. Ask the user, or ask a mod. They might not tell you, but that doesn't mean that they are conspiring against you.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Ah, I did some looking and you already posted about it in this thread here...

post by Discotech

Why didn't you simply elaborate on it here?

Perhaps that is why the mods removed your new thread?

Either way you should post what you have here and see what happens.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Ok but not right now I'm already traumatised by my findings so far that I just can't handle writing it all out again so soon!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You would be surprised what folks will do for $$$$ or funding, support however it may manifest. (You have heard the saying...(We have to keep the lights on) etc

As far as COINTELPRO etc. Did you know people can be involved voluntarily and involuntarily usually unknowingly??

Thats right, you can have all the best intentions in the world yet be involved in a COINTELPRO , Disinfo, Misinfo, PSYOPs.

What you think fact is no matter how much documentation you have to support the topic whether it is ATS, 911 truth movement, or anything else for that matter can actually be COINTELPRO. (voluntary, involuntary, unknowingly)

So more than likely you have all 3 categories taking place within ATS and every other organization for that matter.
a)Voluntary
b)Involuntary
c)Unknowingly

Compartmentalization really does work..Not perfectly but effectively.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

But really, even if it was all true, was the owner really going to come on the thred and say, yeah okay guys you rumbled us!

They're not going to delete the thread as that would cause major suspicion and set alarm bells ringing.

Instead the owner came into the thread gave some stock phrases, nothing to see here, move along kind of thing.

Even if there was a conspiracy though? What does that mean? There is hardly anything we can do. I don't understand. What would be the point in monitoring us and the things we discuss etc.

I've seen members have posts deleted, when they haven't even broken the T&C. When things like this happen you can whinge and kick up a fuss all you want, but nothing happens.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

The owners of ATS would get destroyed by the US government if they allowed any publishing of confidential documents. The wikileaks website has a very good Sweden based host. That is the difference. And even with this foreign host they still get raided. The owners of ATS believe in seeking the truth I'm sure, but when it comes down to it, they don't want to risk their lives or their families lives by allowing too much. It's a legitimate reason to provide some censorship, would any of you risk your lives to get the truth out? I doubt it.

On topic: If you're seriously that paranoid about ATS being government run, stop coming here.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

"There's no internal logic to the claims that this site is harvesting information for cointelpro or the owners are secret agents."

Usually, your thinking is reasonable, but not in this case. The "internal logic" you mention is that ATS is full of smart (yourself included), creative thinkers. These are people that are given to work the puzzle without the picture on the box.

The people on ATS are out of the normal methods of control. So if the TPTB can't control us with cheap beer and the MSM, they gotta watch us closely. That has got to be a number-one priority for them, to keep tabs upon us. They don't want people thinking ahead of their game or, worse, figurng out their entire strategy.

ATS leadership may be totally beneign, merely a business, but I doubt it is THAT innocent, just as the phone companies have their secret deals with taps from NSA into their trunk lines.

It is good for business to have friends in government. But all ATS has to do is be ATS, serve its stated purpose,and all the security outfits have to do is to sweep up the dirty data. It makes for a nice, tidy deal all around.

(That said, there is every reason to suspect that well-known and unknown debunkers log into ATS to help control the rabble. ATS need not have a hand in it.)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
ATS has never hassled me about my threads.

Recently I posted a modified version of my most popular thread here, The AGI Manhattan Project, at PrisonPlanet forums and they deleted the thread and banned me. A few weeks before that they even did a ministry of truth sort of deal, editing a version of my "Consensual Taxation Only" concept. It was really irritating, but the delete/ban I'm still pissed about. No way of inquiry or recourse either. Had been a member there for over a year, and half the stuff on that site is full copy/pastes of things, and endless self-promotion. There was no excuse for it, I even cleaned up the links so that only links of mine was stuff I authored (meaning I cleaned up the links to my site that were reposts).

Via that same work I found out that GLP is establishment. Do a little background on them and "Stanford Research Institute". I never really used that site but a friend tried posting some of my material over there and their scripts replace SRI with "your gay mom" automatically, or it just bans you.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsly_you_guys
Where are ATS servers located?
Who owns them? Who is the owner of that company?

SkepticOverlord, I would very much like to have these questions answered, especially if I'm going to continue to click on the advertisements that help you make money.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

They have no obligation to answer any of these questions, if you dig deep enough you can find out for yourself. Stop being lazy, do your homework.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Thanks for the support guys, we'll see where it goes. I figured this was a bold move, but in reality, I don't really want my account here if there is actually something to it. This whole thing really did just blow my mind.

Very brave of you to post this here.

Looking forward to seeing the discussions in this thread. My perspective on this issue is that even if you are right, I still think ATS is worth coming to because of what other people post here. Its a good place to find out about things, and even if it is a COINTELPRO operation, there is not much harm in discussing things.

If some US agency want our IP addresses, they just knock on the door and get access to their server park, no matter who or what they are.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

All you need to do is a domain look-up and trace route.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Firstly, does anyone really think NSA and other government agencies are not here watching, reading, identifying every member?

Secondly, does anyone really think ATS isn't riddled with dis-information agents and wannabe dis-information agents? Moreover, with over 8 Million Plus Government Employees and probably triple that number feeding directly and indirectly at the Public Trough that some or many of these people are here and have a vested interest is defending and subverting any effort to expose issues that would threaten "Their Daddy"?

Thirdly, does anyone really think for one moment ATS could exist if the NSA or one of the other government watching wanted to shut them down?

And lastly, do any of you really believe anything the Government really wants kept secret is going to be exposed on ATS and if it is, that this forum is not going to be used to discredit/redirect and subvert such?

I may be banned for saying any of this but, ATS is a business, never forget that.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think some of you seem to forget how big the forums are on here and how hard a job it is to manage and moderate them.
I've been here since 06 and only recieved one "telling off" by a Mod for slight bad manners to another member (Don't want to go into to much detail incase this is against T & C). I responded to the Mod by U2U to apologize and to put my side across. The mod responded in no time and was very proffessional (I still lost points, but felt better having talked to the Mods). Sometimes it's how you go about things that makes a difference.
I've seen blogs and websites by people banned from ATS saying how we couldn't handle the truth and that ATS is goverment controlled, when they were banned for being idiots or for trying to make money or for false claims. I have the upmost respect for the management and the Mods here, and think they do a damn fine job.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Good thread OP,

I've been a fan of this site for a few years now, I'll point out few things I noticed;

- Many good old posters... just vanished... not participating anymore after forum moderators started censoring and blocking (call it a ATS rule, or just matter of opinion)

- I have my replies banned because it was about "hemp". Again, personally I don't understand what the problem is to find out the conspiracy about hemp (it's a plant after all), but with all do respect, people bashing it were allowed to share their opinion, and when I tried to correct and balance the thread by providing benefits to hemp, I got banned. When I replied to moderator asking why I'm being banned, he just blocked me from posting.

- So I wrote a few responses to "complaint" U2U and to have none replied to, except one of the moderators getting back to me saying why my account was disabled. I've asked him why such rules were imposed anyhow, in fact lot of things we talk about on ATS is considered illegal now (thanks to patriotic act) what makes "hemp" more dangerous then say exposing government! He told me... he has NO control over the rules, and no point in discussing them. As if some higher authorities are feeding these rules down and moderators simply do as they're told. I asked for ONE thing... if you allow discussion on hemp, then allow BOTH sides of conversation, not just the dis info about how bad it is..... simply to balance the playing field.

- I've have spend many hours of my life contributing to this site, and so I feel I've earned my place to share my opinions, as this site can not exist without users like me. It is user content driven, not moderator driven!!

- I feel the policing and censoring has gone way out of hand.... people just ban threads since some don't care for the subject matter, or simply when too many people complain... EVERYTHING is up for debate.

Anyhow after reading lot of peoples feedback and my most recent experience, I also feel like this forum is now a commercialized business (no different then the government we're fighting today) and has lost it's soul. There is too much policing and too many dissinfo agents on here. Not that I'm paranoid, but I simply feel that what was once a great hope for elaborating and sharing freedom of thought is now a machine with unbalanced power to censor and control stream of information being presented to people.

As a conclusion it got me thinking... I realized how many undercover police officers are NOT allowed to do drugs when working as a snitch... simply because it's against the law, even though their undercover role may require them to do drugs to fit in with the mobs or gangs, etc... So now I wonder if the new rule (no discussion about hemps, or any type of spiritual plants) that was set for this site during expansion was brought up because the site is not owned by some sort of government entity and so they can deliberately break their own law... which means all their information gathered from here may be compromised in the court of law.

Do you know of any private forum sites that ban discussion on hemp and such plants?! Unless they personally have something against it or are part of a legal entity?!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree that this was bound to happen. Most of us on ATS are overly-skeptical of everything we hear and read. We were bound to look within and be skeptical of those among us.

We know we are being watched. Thats why I do not try to hide. What happens will happen and it will not happen any different. So I don't know if you can trust ATS but you will continue to use the site even if it was proven that this site is ran by Freemason-reptiles from Nibiru.

Can I trust you? Can I trust myself? Doesn't matter. I'd rather be on ATS, even if it is a government plant, than anywhere else.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Your queries have been answered. Asking again will not result in new or different answers.

So be it.

Thank you for your time.

This was very interesting.

The message was clear.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Makes you wonder what on the internet is safe. Is there any place you know of that exists in cyberspace that has not ties to something, or is infiltrated by said groups? The risk is that by mentioning it here could lend it to be exposed..

Nothing is safe.
Everything is watched. Everything is monitored.
A certain level of discourse and contrary ideas are tolerated.

As long as you don't seem to pose any threat to the power system (talking on an internet forum is way down low on the threat list), then they basically let it go. Now, if one were to start organizing people on here in real life, then you can bet that you will get some serious "attention".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join