posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
Good thread OP,
I've been a fan of this site for a few years now, I'll point out few things I noticed;
- Many good old posters... just vanished... not participating anymore after forum moderators started censoring and blocking (call it a ATS rule, or
just matter of opinion)
- I have my replies banned because it was about "hemp". Again, personally I don't understand what the problem is to find out the conspiracy about
hemp (it's a plant after all), but with all do respect, people bashing it were allowed to share their opinion, and when I tried to correct and
balance the thread by providing benefits to hemp, I got banned. When I replied to moderator asking why I'm being banned, he just blocked me from
- So I wrote a few responses to "complaint" U2U and to have none replied to, except one of the moderators getting back to me saying why my account
was disabled. I've asked him why such rules were imposed anyhow, in fact lot of things we talk about on ATS is considered illegal now (thanks to
patriotic act) what makes "hemp" more dangerous then say exposing government! He told me... he has NO control over the rules, and no point in
discussing them. As if some higher authorities are feeding these rules down and moderators simply do as they're told. I asked for ONE thing... if you
allow discussion on hemp, then allow BOTH sides of conversation, not just the dis info about how bad it is..... simply to balance the playing
- I've have spend many hours of my life contributing to this site, and so I feel I've earned my place to share my opinions, as this site can not
exist without users like me. It is user content driven, not moderator driven!!
- I feel the policing and censoring has gone way out of hand.... people just ban threads since some don't care for the subject matter, or simply when
too many people complain... EVERYTHING is up for debate.
Anyhow after reading lot of peoples feedback and my most recent experience, I also feel like this forum is now a commercialized business (no different
then the government we're fighting today) and has lost it's soul. There is too much policing and too many dissinfo agents on here. Not that I'm
paranoid, but I simply feel that what was once a great hope for elaborating and sharing freedom of thought is now a machine with unbalanced power to
censor and control stream of information being presented to people.
As a conclusion it got me thinking... I realized how many undercover police officers are NOT allowed to do drugs when working as a snitch... simply
because it's against the law, even though their undercover role may require them to do drugs to fit in with the mobs or gangs, etc... So now I wonder
if the new rule (no discussion about hemps, or any type of spiritual plants) that was set for this site during expansion was brought up because the
site is not owned by some sort of government entity and so they can deliberately break their own law... which means all their information gathered
from here may be compromised in the court of law.
Do you know of any private forum sites that ban discussion on hemp and such plants?! Unless they personally have something against it or are part of a