It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigger Checks, More Respect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I had an interesting thought come to me. We see how companies try to cover the truths about reality in the work place as soon as something occurs. Remember when those two Domino's Pizza employs posted that video on youtube! The kids were messing with the food and making fun of the situation. Now all of a sudden Domino's Pizza comes out with these new commercials that are more appealing to the public. They are presenting a new way they are making their pizza's and blah blah blah w.e i'll still buy their pizza anyway, its good. The truth of the matter is you or someone you know has worked in a fast food restaurant or a low paying non career type of job. The stories are endless. Do you guys think if people were paid a higher rate an hour they would refrain from being immature with these types of jobs? How do you think these employs would behave in this higher paid position now? Do you think they would have more respect for their big pay checks?

Disclaimer: I know it does not really matter where you work. There are disgusting employs everywhere. From the highest of high paying jobs to the lowest. Also some may argue that we don't have enough money to afford this and I understand that already.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Issues such as this in any workplace aren't based upon compensatory problems, they are caused by lack of proper supervision and discipline on the job. Good management totally fixes this kind of nonsense.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well I worked at Mcdonalds, and well I could tell you a lot of horror stories! I was a teenager back then. I was a heavy '___' user. My mind was on other things back then, it really was not a matter of wage, but a matter of age.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Hey i agree with you, however some kids take a while to mature... a long while.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I worked at Mcdonalds when I was a teenager. I never did anything with the food I wasn't supposed to. It's not about how much you're paid, it's about not being an asshole. I was raised right and I live by the golden rule, as everyone should regardless of paycheck size...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think it is a matter of age most of the time. My 18 year old granddaughter has used up all of her work resources, she keeps getting fired. Things like acting inappropriate, getting in arguments, not showing up or calling in, not doing the work. I think she has already been fired from more jobs than I've had in a lifetime. Don't get me wrong I had my party days too but I realized how important it was to keep a job, I didn't want to loose my independence and have to reply on others for support.

I worked as a night auditor at McDonalds once in the 80's - I saw what those kids did with the hamburgers - falling in the floor, putting them back on the grill or packaging them - throwing them at each other. The night manager always seemed to have someplace to go and wasn't supervising them. I haven't had a McDonalds hamburger since!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I worked at a Kentucky Fried when I was a kid. The grease on the floor was so thick the bottoms our pants were coated. I stopped eating the chicken there when I saw one of my fellow employees drop a piece of chicken on the gross grease covered floor and pick it up and put it back on the tray. I confronted her, she laughed about it it. I still don't like Kentucky Fried Chicken.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Well I worked at Mcdonalds, and well I could tell you a lot of horror stories! I was a teenager back then. I was a heavy '___' user. My mind was on other things back then, it really was not a matter of wage, but a matter of age.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

HEY!!! I would love to sue mcdonalds now I applied when I was a teen and never did anything drug related, what TF??? They wouldn't hire me??? But they'll hire a drugged out loser?? Oh and I bet you have just got a peachy frikking job now right??? WTH??? That's wrong with this country losers make it everyday, and people that are ethical and moral and by all means much nicer, get stepped on WTF I AM PISSED!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Drugged out loser?? You can come to that conclusion with that many sentences? And then I get judged later in life by what I did as a child/teen? Just what is your definition of a loser exactly?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Well immature and on lsd, but yeah maybe it's unfair to say you are a loser, you were a loser, is that better? And no I don't thin that you should be discriminated for your past but there are some of us that always had our heads together that haven't gotten S*** For it ever, always had a strong work ethic, and always respected custoers and our superiors who haven't gotten anything for it but constantly s*** on!!!!! It' just pisses me off!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I worked at a restaurant for 6 years and seen some nasty things which is why I don't eat out much. My experience is that wage does not matter when I witnessed a few things and it was always the younger workers doing the nasty behavior.

BUT...our restaurant expanded adding a Chinese/Tai Chi line to the kitchen. I will NEVER eat at one. Our kitchen was clean, but the workers on that side of the kitchen never used toilet paper (we cleaned the staff bathrooms and I know this is not an exaggeration), picked their nose and wiped it on the bathroom stall walls and never brushed their teeth. Green moldy looking teeth. (shiver)

I am not being racist as when you are the one who cleans the bathroom you must find out who the culprits are.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Well you could've stopped at immature! I admit I made some bad choices but thats what life is. Learning from mistakes.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

wow wow wow, calm down man. The double helix was discovered on '___', you have it all wrong buddy. I research a lot about this stuff and pretty amazing things occur under the influence from what i read. Please check out maps.org

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Yeah I see your point... I know everybody goes through stages, but my main beef is with mcdonalds what Aholes they would not hire me someone whom had worked from twelve years old, yeah that's right twelve yrs old I was babysitting earning money to have things that I wanted, but today and much of my life I am unemployed, I just don't get that, ok yeah maybe I am a jerk because when someone ticks me off...Boom I am gone!!!! Hence the very many lags in my employment, but I am sorry when getting paid lousy wages, why would I also like putting up with Ahole bosses or coworkers who think they can step all over me??? NOT gonna happen!!!!!! Besides that point as I have stated here I had many jerked off bosses coworkers and customers, I would just leave after I'd had enough, I would never have done anything gross to the food or anything like that. I really think it depends on the person's morals and values which it seem the employers don't really Give a Damn about anymore. Oh well, then they deserve whatever they get! Trash. Not talking about you by the way, if they rather hire an immature teeny bopper than they will see that eventually nobody is going to be using their services anymore as more and more of this stuff gets leaked on youtube and social networks!!!! And you think that your safe not eating out or at mcdonalds, well you haven't seen some of the things I seen about the mexicans picking our crops!!!! Make sure you thoroughly wash all your produce, just letting you know!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You hold much animosity for a fast food restaurant not hiring you! Trust me it wasn't my first choice!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid

wow wow wow, calm down man. The double helix was discovered on '___', you have it all wrong buddy. I research a lot about this stuff and pretty amazing things occur under the influence from what i read. Please check out maps.org

That's sounding like a lot of hogwash to me... but you're entitled to beleive whatever you want, I beleive drugs rot the brain and dim the intelligence, even pot, but at least pot has healing properties too...IDK if I beleive this about '___' I'd have to see scientific evidence first and not some legalization BS rhetoric

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

You hold much animosity for a fast food restaurant not hiring you! Trust me it wasn't my first choice!

They're morons...ok I wanted a car bad...that's where all the animousity comes from, lol; I got it anyway because I got a better job... but I see this all the time the fattest, laziest damn pothead lives near me, is her fat Butt out of work, no, but I am how did she even pass a piss test??? most places test now??? And her intelligence, well I won't even go there, it's just disgusting....if I only knew where she worked, I'd just call in a tip then take her job, sadly I don't know where she works! And that's not the only one, it would take me all night and I just can't get started because I will have to make a whole new thread in the rant section of BTS I don't even want to go there, it just is repulsive!!!! I don't even want to think about it!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

People are lazy on pot?? It always made me wanna do stuff. Like calculus and trigonometry but oh thats just me

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

People are lazy on pot?? It always made me wanna do stuff. Like calculus and trigonometry but oh thats just me

Me too, painting, yard work, carpentry, it gets some people motivated.

Back on topic, I am not one to do disgusting things like some fast food workers, but I do know that when I am making a decent wage, I work much harder. No matter what the job.

One office job, I got hired at a specific wage, and found out a week later he decided to pay me $1.50 less than we agreed on. That put me at minimum wage as an office worker with a college education. It destroyed my respect for the boss, I found another person to take my place, and filled out my own separation papers as "laid off". I also left the new worker extra separation papers, I knew she would be leaving too.

My next job as a mill worker paid very well, I worked very hard, and in the process ended up with a very fit body.

I think wage makes a huge difference, at least when you are older it does, but for other types of work ethics, such as working hard, and showing up. What people do to food is just plain immaturity.

top topics

join