It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist groups jump in to help flood victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

CHARSADDA - The busy roadside aid station for Pakistani flood victims seemed ordinary enough: Huge pots were lined up to distribute food to the hungry, bundles of second-hand clothing were being given away.

But rather than being run by a humanitarian agency or the government, the aid station on the outskirts of Charsadda in the north-west was set up by a group alleged to be international terrorists.

www.todayonline.com...

The flooding has brought the Pakistani situation almost to a point of no return. This humanitarian crisis will unleash a whole new situation in Pakistan, where the ISI will obtain more power, from the people, because the people will see how "Asif Ali Zardari " is in England while the ISI backed groups are helping them on the ground.

Sardar Mohammed Shamin Khan threw shoes at Asif Ali Zardari for continuing his UK visit during Pakistan's flood crisis

www.guardian.co.uk...

The ISI will use this situation as a PR campaign to gain support. There is a huge power struggle in Pakistan, America is deeply involved in this power struggle. It is simple "US"/"Pakistan central government"/"army" VS "ISI"/"ISI military wings"

Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JUD), a hard line organisation thought to be a front for Lashkar-e-Taiba - the group blamed for the 2008 assault on Mumbai - said it had 2,000 members working for flood relief across the north-west of the country and down into Punjab province.

www.todayonline.com...

The above source claims JUD is a front for LeT, which is a terrorist organization. After looking through Wikipedia, this is what I found in regards to JUD.

Jama'at-ud-Da'wah Pakistan (Urdu: جماعة الدعوہ پاکستان ) (JuD) is nominally an Islamic charity organisation that is considered by the United Nations to be an alias of the banned militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT).[1][2][3] It was launched in Lahore, Pakistan in 1985 as Markaz Daw'a wal Irshad, but the organisation changed its name after the United States State Department declared Lashkar-e-Taiba to be a terrorist organisation.[3] It also publicly retracted itself from any association with the LeT

en.wikipedia.org...

So they may have some sort of connection with LeT.

Who is LeT a military wing of?

That is the next question:

As of December 2008 U.S. intelligence officials believed that Pakistan's main intelligence agency, the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), continued to give LeT intelligence help and protection.[16]

en.wikipedia.org...

It seems ISI has both military wings, and humanitarian wings.

I suspect that is what the US fears, we all know the government of Pakistan is backed by the West, and to some extent can even be considered as Western puppets. The military of Pakistan is also a Western ally, or puppet, which ever one you come to conclude based on research.

The problem is the ISI, which has been fighting the government + the military for some time now.

Pakistani intelligence gives funding, training and sanctuary to the Afghan Taliban on a scale much larger than previously thought, a report says.

www.bbc.co.uk...

If they are supporting Afghan Taliban, surely they are supporting the Pakistani Taliban.

Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (the TTP) (Urdu: تحريک طالبان پاکستان; Student Movement of Pakistan) is the main Taliban militant umbrella group in Pakistan primarily in conflict with the central government.[1][2]
Among the group's stated objectives are resistance against the Pakistani army, enforcement of sharia, and attacks against American and NATO forces in Afghanistan

en.wikipedia.org...

As you can see above, they are against the Central Government of Pakistan, and the military of Pakistan, not the ISI.

The ISI is their GOD FATHER, as some claim.

They are the military wing of the ISI.

The US is also fighting the ISI using drones.

The conclusion:

There is a huge power struggle in Pakistan between Western backed central government/Pakistani Army, and the ISI/ISI Military wings.

What do you think?

This goes with my other threads which predicts Pakistan will be invaded, no Iran. This power struggle is too deep, do you think the West will allow the ISI to take control? There is so much they are hiding from us, we must expose it the true agenda.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Very good observation! Naturally the USA friendly govt. is in direct contrast with the will of its people. This is not just in Pakistan but all over the globe. I might wish to remind you about the earthquake in Pakistan a few years ago, - 80,000+ people homeless and pretty much no help. If a govt. forgets to mobilize to help its own, then the heart of the people will go towards those who actually do help.

Personally I had always had a problem with people condemning a country or culture for its practices, be it how they hang, stone, shoot their own people, - be it if their women have rights or no rights, - for me it's their country, and If I do not like their ways, I simply don't go there.

Group dynamics dictate that each group or society will eventually self regulate. If an oppression of some sort becomes too much, then the revolution will happen. What makes such revolutions often not happening is that the oppressive regime receives outside help. People have to realize that a revolution also does not necessarily require a people to be armed. The French did pretty well just with clubs and pitchforks.

However in the case of Pakistan and especially with the label of "terrorist" being so widely used on many liberation movements by the USA and its allies, the hearts and minds of many will move towards these "terrorists" IF and as they do now in Pakistan, supply the suffering homeless victims with the essentials that their own govt. seems not to care too much to distribute.

However, besides the many political and military moves, people in general have to wake up. In order to minimize outside pressure on a country and people, national self sufficiency should be promoted. Nothing hurts the multinationals more than a "vote with the wallet". Also the following might be a bit OT to your post's theme, I do however see a connection.

Right now the so called "terrorists" supply the basic needs for the flood victims. Where did they get the food and supplies from? For sure not from international shipments but from their own stocks. So if they, - the terrorists can unlock food supplies, then this means they have a degree of self sufficiency. If this ability to solve one's own problems becomes understood by the common folk in the street, then naturally the ISI and the Taliban have won the hearts of their people. One does not bite the hand that feeds you.

However this is an event and process that will unfold in Pakistan. What we, all of us who share the view that the USA and the multinational corporations have have far overstepped their boundaries can do, is actively "vote with our wallets". By this I mean to truly call for a boycott of American goods where ever possible. Just for starters, avoid USA chains and franchises as like Mc. Donald or Starbucks and so forth. Just for your dining pleasures go to the simple Mom and Pop family restaurant. Drink the beer from the microbrewery instead of a Budweiser and so forth. Let them "loose the market share", let their quarterly profits drop. Even one's single $ NOT spent in such places will register on their stock performance. Let us unite and show solidarity with the millions who suffer because of greedy politics.

Guenter

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Great post...not much to add other than that the US seems to be funding both sides of this fight. Heck maybe even more "sides" than two.

It seems ISI has both military wings, and humanitarian wings.

This is probably because of the money flow. The ISI needs all the money it can get its hands on. Have you seen this security brief? Talk about an agency gone rogue. Messy stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Either way, it's heartening to hear that the Pakistanis are helping their own
Aleast SOMEONE is doing SOMETHING.

join